The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Original post by kKennedy93
A2?
i turn 18 like a week before... which is pretty good timing ha, if they're nice enough to hit me with an offer of course :redface:

I meant are you in college? final year? I'm on a gap year
Original post by dmz
I meant are you in college? final year? I'm on a gap year

alright lol, it's my last year of school yeh, can't wait to get away ha
Reply 1142
alright lol, it's my last year of school yeh, can't wait to get away ha

I've been waiting to get away for 3 years :emo: Can't actually wait this time! whatever happens :tongue:, i'm going to go nuts :tongue: lol. So when's your birthday?
Original post by dmz
I've been waiting to get away for 3 years :emo: Can't actually wait this time! whatever happens :tongue:, i'm going to go nuts :tongue: lol. So when's your birthday?

3 years? i doubt i could stand that much time up here lol. august, that's pretty close to when it starts up isn't it? :/
Reply 1144
3 years? i doubt i could stand that much time up here lol. august, that's pretty close to when it starts up isn't it? :/

Pretty much since high school, :yep: same here :biggrin:...I wouldn't tell girls tho :erm:

which bit am i getting negged for? :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
Pretty much since high school, :yep: same here :biggrin:...I wouldn't tell girls tho :erm:

haha, of course not, they don't need to know :tongue:
Reply 1146
haha, of course not, they don't need to know :tongue:

I just might be 21 :teehee: lol, but a lot of the girls in my year would jst be a little younger so that's fine :tongue:, like older girls tho :erm: but i don't discriminate
Original post by dmz
I just might be 21 :teehee: lol, but a lot of the girls in my year would jst be a little younger so that's fine :tongue:, like older girls tho :erm: but i don't discriminate

fair do's, just take it as it comes ha :u:
Reply 1148
fair do's, just take it as it comes ha :u:

:yep:
Original post by Harbour Seal
A bit, but I think I'll try and get a place in med school before I worry about it too much. This sounds bad, but as a single mum I'll be entitled to a lot more financial help in any case. Plus, my parents want me to be a doctor and they help support me and I have a job which makes things a little easier (they are quite happy for me to increase and decrease my hours according to my availability).

My opinion? If you really want to be a doctor, worry about getting a place first and the fees second. In all honesty, I don't really care how much debt I have to get into (and I hate debt) to do this, so if I have to take out a loan loan, that's what I'll do.

But I am pretty pissed off that this has been pounced on me during this cycle, AFTER I've applied with the idea in mind that I would only be paying around £3000. A lot of graduates who have to pay for the full shebang and who are fairly unsupported are going to find £15000-£16500 (plus £2000 graduation fee) a lot more than the £6500-£9000 or so they expected to pay. I don't think we can see ourselves as in the exact situation as them. I can't see why they can't just postpone it a year to allow people time to prepare for it, and why have they not announced it? Or graduated the levy by 25% a year, giving them more time to get their finances sorted? Now that: that is ridiculous.

There is not currently a "graduation fee" in scotland.
At Glasgow University doing English Literature... :wink:

Have you had an interview for glasgow yet? What questions did they ask about your previous course? Did you feel discriminated against at all?

Also, why did you leave your course previously? :smile: Sorry for the question, but this is a sticky point for me.

Not sure why I got neged for this.
Reply 1151
Not sure why I got neged for this.

i got negged for a recent post :s-smilie:
Original post by dmz

*sigh*
Original post by auld reekie
There is not currently a "graduation fee" in scotland.

Ah, the graduate endowment has in fact been abolished :biggrin:

Well, that's some good news anyway...
Reply 1154
Original post by dmz

so did i?! :confused:
Reply 1155
Original post by cuhlowey
so did i?! :confused:

Haha, haters :rolleyes: the person had no rep power anyway, maybe it's someone with no interview :tongue:
Reply 1156
Original post by dmz
Haha, haters :rolleyes: the person had no rep power anyway, maybe it's someone with no interview :tongue:

i dont understand the whole 'rep power' thing anyway. i just give thumbs up whenever! :cool:
Reply 1157
Original post by cuhlowey
i dont understand the whole 'rep power' thing anyway. i just give thumbs up whenever! :cool:

Haha, it's better not to get too involved :tongue:, you have 1 green gem so people get a +1 when you rep them Beska has 6 so people get 6 points, it's all silly really and just ways to get you addicted
Original post by dmz
Haha, it's better not to get too involved :tongue:, you have 1 green gem so people get a +1 when you rep them Beska has 6 so people get 6 points, it's all silly really and just ways to get you addicted

+ rep :tongue:
Reply 1159
Original post by dmz

oooo , so when you give me +1 do i get 2? :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending