Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)
    + rep
    haha thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuhlowey)
    oooo , so when you give me +1 do i get 2?
    Haha you would, i get lots of pos rep, then i get lots of neg so i never go past two

ReputationRep:
    All in all the rep system is completely flawed and pointless. As indicated above points can be given by friends as a laugh/ to boost points etc or negatively for the sake of it.

I have 2 neg reps for a completely inoffensive post about how I had interviews for all my choices. The only real reason for the rep system appears to be to entice people to be full members??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AuldYin)
    All in all the rep system is completely flawed and pointless. As indicated above points can be given by friends as a laugh/ to boost points etc or negatively for the sake of it.

I have 2 neg reps for a completely inoffensive post about how I had interviews for all my choices. The only real reason for the rep system appears to be to entice people to be full members??
    yup, i've just been spending too much time on here, least i get to start work soon

ReputationRep:
    Has Glasgow never given out offers before March? within the last 3 years anyway and does anyone know if personal statements count post interview

Anyone waiting to hear also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Has Glasgow never given out offers before March? within the last 3 years anyway and does anyone know if personal statements count post interview

I think they make the decision based on PS, references and interview results. I'm not sure if they include anything else, but I'm pretty sure that PS definitely still weighs in post-interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)

My interviewers said that at this stage only interviews count. They also said that no decisions will be made until the middle of March, but then again this could take longer... Given the fact that they only take into consideration the interview at this point, it would be unfair to send out offers before all applicants are interviewed, as even the last applicants may change the whole ranking... thus I do believe we'll have to wait until the end of March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    My interviewers said that at this stage only interviews count. They also said that no decisions will be made until the middle of March, but then again this could take longer... Given the fact that they only take into consideration the interview at this point, it would be unfair to send out offers before all applicants are interviewed, as even the last applicants may change the whole ranking... thus I do believe we'll have to wait until the end of March
    Hmmm, really? I wonder where I got PS/references stuff from. Ugh, I don't want to wait until the end of March. It's been so long.

ReputationRep:
    They don't have exact figures of who to take though right? so why not send out the top few at least, Can't really criticize how they're doing it but the waiting is killing me!

(Original post by Happy Insomniac)
    I think they make the decision based on PS, references and interview results. I'm not sure if they include anything else, but I'm pretty sure that PS definitely still weighs in post-interview.
    This is the only thing that makes sense to me because of their interview style it'd be pretty unfair getting rid of 350 people and most of them could easily challenge for a place

ReputationRep:
    they asked me questions on my personal statement and so it will definetly form part of offers. otherwise they'd be as well telling ucas to send them the whole application bar the personal statement :P

ReputationRep:
    Well I specifically asked the interviewers and this is what they've told me. They said they will send a recommendation to the university and when I asked if the UKCAT score will count from now on, they said the interview is the only thing that matters now. They didn't mention anything about grades and I think this will probably matter, but as i said before... they made it clear to me that PSs/references/ukcat scores don't matter anymore. They did count in deciding who got an interview, therefore suggesting that ucas should not send the PSs to Glasgow at all is not reasonable. They were important up to this point and they played a vital role during interviews!

ReputationRep:
    For those who have had their interview:-

1) how was it ?

2) did it last around 20 mins ?

3) do you get a tour after the interview ?

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Well I specifically asked the interviewers and this is what they've told me. They said they will send a recommendation to the university and when I asked if the UKCAT score will count from now on, they said the interview is the only thing that matters now. They didn't mention anything about grades and I think this will probably matter, but as i said before... they made it clear to me that PSs/references/ukcat scores don't matter anymore. They did count in deciding who got an interview, therefore suggesting that ucas should not send the PSs to Glasgow at all is not reasonable. They were important up to this point and they played a vital role during interviews!
    they hardly asked me anything about my ps tbh, she said at a point it's clear you have enough insight, is there (insert relevant question)
    If they're sending a recommendation that would mean the rest of ucas is very much in use.
    (Original post by RachelKnox)

1) how was it ?

thanks in advance
    1. Good
    2. Just a little over
    3. Nope

you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelKnox)

1) how was it ?

thanks in advance
    1) It was good, got two really nice ladies

2) About that, though I think they aim to have them last 15 mins as they seemed to be scheduled 11:00, 11:15, 11:30, 11:45 etc...

3) Nope.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine this week...I'm very nervous. Would they ask about very specific details of the course? For example, "in year 2, what topic is covered in the third block of PBL?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by larry000)
    I've got mine this week...I'm very nervous. Would they ask about very specific details of the course? For example, "in year 2, what topic is covered in the third block of PBL?"
    I doubt it, otherwise it'd be a memory test :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    I doubt it, otherwise it'd be a memory test :dontknow:
    oh good...ive been told that they ask about the course quite a bit, just making sure how specific

thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by larry000)
    oh good...ive been told that they ask about the course quite a bit, just making sure how specific

thanks for your help
    No problem

Just don't take my place , lol it's all i have left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    No problem

Just don't take my place , lol it's all i have left
    Haha sorry if I do. I dont feel confident so hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    they hardly asked me anything about my ps tbh, she said at a point it's clear you have enough insight, is there (insert relevant question)
    If they're sending a recommendation that would mean the rest of ucas is very much in use.

1. Good
    2. Just a little over
    3. Nope

you're welcome
    1. good
    2. 18 mins
    3. No

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.