Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harbour Seal)
    Thanks, but I can't do anything, I am nowhere near smart enough or driven and motivated enough for anything right now.

Except medicine. I really want this. PLEASE.
    Don't make me hunt you down , lol

You won't need to worry about it anyway cos we're gonna go to Glasgow

:please: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Is that means by the end of next week, we should hear back from Glasgow , either offers or rejection!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo9043)
    Is that means by the end of next week, we should hear back from Glasgow , either offers or rejection!?
    Yer, or possibly start of the week after :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Yer, or possibly start of the week after :afraid:
    I'd have thought the end of the next week at the earliest since I believe they are still interviewing.

ReputationRep:
    On the stalking thread there are a couple of interviews down as being on the 15th. Giving that there will likely be a week after the last interview for the interviewers to collate their thoughts etc I am not anticipating hearing before the end of the month :'(

Never know though *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)
    I'd have thought the end of the next week at the earliest since I believe they are still interviewing.
    Yer, that's what i'm thinking, but good chance the later ones are international and the number of intl is fixed so shouldn't affect Home students? Been waiting since december, it's just not fun anymore, being my only interview yet and all :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for a local shop tomorrow for a job. Should be a walk in the park after Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AuldYin)
    See I know Medics work long hours but I've been in the lab since 9 this morning and am still here now (though I did disappear for a couple of hours to have dinner and walk the dogs). If I'm gonna work this hard I at least want to do it on doctors salary and for the sake of helping people rather than trying to get this pointless assay to work!
    That's pretty much how I felt working in a lab after I graduated (BMS). I don't really mind 13.5 hour shifts as an HCA as much, 'cause I feel like I'm actually caring for people, doing something. Stuck in a lab for that long just made me want to cry. I've gone from band 5 to band 2 to do HCA work and apply for medicine, but even the money doesn't make me want to go back to the lab.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were interviewing until 18th March so we wouldnt hear until at least the following week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel6286)
    I thought they were interviewing until 18th March so we wouldnt hear until at least the following week?
    don't say that :sad:

ReputationRep:
    just called admissions, the lady confirmed that the last interview date is 16th march. As for when offers/rejections are given out, she said there was no specific date, but im guessing it will probably be 17th/18th/21st :rolleyes:

another 1/2 month to go...god this is getting painful. It will be even more painful if all the 3 months-12weeks-84days of waiting amounted to a big fat rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danman14)
    just called admissions, the lady confirmed that the last interview date is 16th march. As for when offers/rejections are given out, she said there was no specific date, but im guessing it will probably be 17th/18th/21st :rolleyes:

another 1/2 month to go...god this is getting painful. It will be even more painful if all the 3 months-12weeks-84days of waiting amounted to a big fat rejection.
    you are guessing or she is guessing ?

It seems rather quick... surely they need a few days to get a final ranking of the applicants and so on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    you are guessing or she is guessing ?

It seems rather quick... surely they need a few days to get a final ranking of the applicants and so on...
    i'm guessing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danman14)
    i'm guessing
    that's a very OPTIMISTIC guess!!!!!

I'll go with it !

ReputationRep:
    this is painful, just knowing you could be rejected

ReputationRep:
    we should pick a date between 18th-21st and start counting down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meemz)
    Good idea, 18 please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meemz)
    (Original post by dmz)
    Good idea, 18 please!
    Seconded ....................……… so 14 days to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    Seconded ....................……… so 14 days to go

(Original post by dmz)
    Good idea, 18 please!
    yes but 18 is Friday... isn't it going to be quite painful to count down the weekend days that are surely uneventful?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.