Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuhlowey)
    depends which one gives me an offer :hmmm:

but really glasgow,i had such a gooood feelin about that place! i really did
    What if they both do?! :hmmm:

it's a lot like manchester, but with no parents so that's pretty awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    Whos got the balls to ring on monday ? =\
    I want to, but waayyy toooo scared...:ashamed2:
    Who's ringing?

ReputationRep:
    Do help pass the time before Monday, please enjoy this monkey doing a handstand whilst riding a tightrope walking goat.

Yes, I am watching Rudetube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueee:))
    I want to, but waayyy toooo scared...:ashamed2:
    Who's ringing?
    I'd like to too, but like you I'm too scared, I'd absolutely hate a rejection over the phone! Plus I'd feel like a complete tool if they just said "No, we can't tell you".

Btw, good luck dmz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)
    I'd like to too, but like you I'm too scared, I'd absolutely hate a rejection over the phone! Plus I'd feel like a complete tool if they just said "No, we can't tell you".

Btw, good luck dmz
    I'll use my mum's phone - again, cos they have my number, i have a feeling they'll be like you were misinformed or something like that tho i recognise the woman's voice on the phone, saw her at my interview

Thanks man, just not gonna think about it till then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    I am ringing to find out if i'm in or not , they send they don't do feedbacks over the phone though
    I'm going to ring too, I can't stand the waiting... What are you going to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shellfish002)
    I'm going to ring too, I can't stand the waiting... What are you going to say?
    You have like two offers , i wouldn't be bothered at that point

erm...same thing today, then she'll either suggest it and if not i'll be like i called on fri and was told i could hear my verdict today, is that still possible? :dontknow: it'll come, lol you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh **** I just found out my Youtube account has been terminated because of some bloody copyright claims.

God I could do with some good news from Glasgow even more now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)
    Ahh **** I just found out my Youtube account has been terminated because of some bloody copyright claims.

God I could do with some good news from Glasgow even more now.
    Get a brazzers account. Nah i'm ****ing about :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will ring...if I hear it's a rejection will probably avoid going into college for rest of the week. I can't afford that :mad:

dmz, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    You have like two offers , i wouldn't be bothered at that point

erm...same thing today, then she'll either suggest it and if not i'll be like i called on fri and was told i could hear my verdict today, is that still possible? :dontknow: it'll come, lol you?
    Ohhh I didn't see that you called today
    hah, improvisation, i like it! Probably ask when it's likely I'll get a response to my application or whether it would be possible to hear it then or whatever

And I knowwww about my offers, I feel greedy but they are both AAA and I feel like I need an insurance because I'm pretty sceptical about getting 3 As as much as I want them and will work hard for them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shellfish002)
    Ohhh I didn't see that you called today
    hah, improvisation, i like it! Probably ask when it's likely I'll get a response to my application or whether it would be possible to hear it then or whatever

And I knowwww about my offers, I feel greedy but they are both AAA and I feel like I need an insurance because I'm pretty sceptical about getting 3 As as much as I want them and will work hard for them!
    Yer, i said i had an interview in early december and was wondering when was the earliest possible to hear anything and she said from now till the end of march, and she actually talked for a while, saying i should ring up for secetary of admission on monday

You're not , you need an insurance with lower grades, i'm on a gap year so i can only have a firm anyway, really want to withdraw from aberdeen before they get to reject me :lol:
    (Original post by danman14)
    I don't think I will ring...if I hear it's a rejection will probably avoid going into college for rest of the week. I can't afford that :mad:

dmz, good luck.
    Thank dude, hoping i won't have to kill myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    I thought it was great. Gave me a good base upon which to form a reasonable opinion on lots of situations. Well worth the time I spent reading it, and interesting too. It's not a topic that can be summarised easily.
    TBH, I thought it would be good for being in med school, but you wouldn't ever be asked anything like that in an interview situation. It is good, but I've seen a better summary elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Yer, i said i had an interview in early december and was wondering when was the earliest possible to hear anything and she said from now till the end of march, and she actually talked for a while, saying i should ring up for secetary of admission on monday

You're not , you need an insurance with lower grades, i'm on a gap year so i can only have a firm anyway, really want to withdraw from aberdeen before they get to reject me :lol:

Thank dude, hoping i won't have to kill myself
    Good luck, dmz. Did you get my private message?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    Good luck, dmz. Did you get my private message?
    Yea sorry I'll reply later, at work all day tomoro so when i get back cos I'm on mobile right now and it's too long to reply properly but thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Eep! Good luck!

I hope they change my track, it still says unsuccessful...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else cackin' their nags ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    OFFER AAB!!!! Thought my interview went horribly but xDDDDD

Good Luck to the rest of you! The wait is OVER!
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harbour Seal)
    TBH, I thought it would be good for being in med school, but you wouldn't ever be asked anything like that in an interview situation. It is good, but I've seen a better summary elsewhere

Eep! Good luck!

I hope they change my track, it still says unsuccessful...

well i thought it wouldnt help but when I went for an interview in liverpool they asked me a question identical to one explained in the book, they asked me which was better to spend a sum of money on an organ transplant or to spend the same sum of money on 100,000 doses of a drug that effecticely prevents 1/1000 people from suffering a heart attack. But I understand what you mean it was too much detail for what we needed to know, but for me I find the ethics and morals one of the most interesting parts of medicine and so really enjoyed reading it.

Can I also ask why does your track say unsuccessful?

ReputationRep:
    Cos she didn't get her interview letter initially and so didn't respond and thus was marked unsuccessful. Thankfully it was in error and another interview was arranged.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.