Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just phoned and i asked when it is likely we will be hearing and the guy said that it is most likely to be the end of march

ReputationRep:
    Sorry no joy. Asked to speak to the admissions secretary and was told that she won't be available to answer calls today.

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks to go!

ReputationRep:
    Dmz have you rang up yet, why would they say to you that they were giving out decisions and now just pretend otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    arghh, all this contradicting info!

a)In my interview I was told that I would be likely to hear in mid-march.
    b)Recently someone got an e-mail saying that they were starting to give out offers on Monday (today), which is roughly mid-march , I guess.
    c)Yet when I called admissions a few days ago they said end of march. (but they guy said he didn't know for sure)

Conclusion: Definitely March :P

* sighs* it's been exactly 3 months since my interview. 3 slowest months of my life =/

EDIT: although doesn't UCAS update only at midnight, so any offers/rejections wouldn't show until later on? Idk, i'm just clutching at straws here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danman14)
    arghh, all this contradicting info!

a)In my interview I was told that I would be likely to hear in mid-march.
    b)Recently someone got an e-mail saying that they were starting to give out offers on Monday (today), which is roughly mid-march , I guess.
    c)Yet when I called admissions a few days ago they said end of march. (but they guy said he didn't know for sure)

Conclusion: Definitely March :P

* sighs* it's been exactly 3 months since my interview. 3 slowest months of my life =/
    I feel for you. I have been waiting a month and it's hellish - can't imagine 3 months! I was also told mid-March by my interviewers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    I feel for you. I have been waiting a month and it's hellish - can't imagine 3 months! I was also told mid-March by my interviewers.
    lol, thanks .

it must have been a nice feeling to have misread your interview invite for February instead of December and to suddenly discover that you have an extra 2 months before the interview! Wish the same happened to me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol, thanks .

it must have been a nice feeling to have misread your interview invite for February instead of December and to suddenly discover that you have an extra 2 months before the interview! Wish the same happened to me :rolleyes:
    Yes, it was although I was all geared up for December and had prepared for that but just gave me some breathing space. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    dmz i hope youre not one of these people who make up facts to give us all false hope :hmmm:

did you ring today?
    give me good news!

ReputationRep:
    oh..my..WORD.

so ive already checked my emails a number of times a day. checked them about 15 mins ago but checked them again there now... ()

and there was an email from "University of Glasgow"
    i actually almost peed my pants.

clicked it and it was about a webchat with Biological and Life Science students.

biggest
    anti-
    climax
    EVER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuhlowey)
    oh..my..WORD.

so ive already checked my emails a number of times a day. checked them about 15 mins ago but checked them again there now... ()

clicked it and it was about a webchat with Biological and Life Science students.

biggest
    anti-
    climax
    EVER.

my heart rate just shot through the roof as I was reading this..until I got to the bit about the web-chat.

ReputationRep:
    my heart rate just shot through the roof as I was reading this..until I got to the bit about the web-chat.
    yes, you can imagine how i felt!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yes, you can imagine how i felt!!!! :eek:
    lol..I know, its a horrible feeling (go on the Aberdeen thread and half of all the posts will be about people whose hearts exploded after getting e-mails from the university only to find out that they are stupid newsletters )

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: although doesn't UCAS update only at midnight, so any offers/rejections wouldn't show until later on? Idk, i'm just clutching at straws here!
    Nope,

Dundee offers last week were sent out in two batches. One at lunchtime and one at dinnertime (as the dundee admissions uploaded the decisions to UCAS at those times). I've read other unis do the same.

The emails from UCAS came an hour or so after the status had updated though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AuldYin)
    Nope,

Dundee offers last week were sent out in two batches. One at lunchtime and one at dinnertime (as the dundee admissions uploaded the decisions to UCAS at those times). I've read other unis do the same.

The emails from UCAS came an hour or so after the status had updated though.
    ah ok, my bad :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just a thought guys: the applicant open day is on the 29th of march so surely we will find out way in advanced of this date to be able to arrange to go. I'm hoping by the end of the week/beginning of next tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trungo)
    Just a thought guys: the applicant open day is on the 29th of march so surely we will find out way in advanced of this date to be able to arrange to go. I'm hoping by the end of the week/beginning of next tbh
    That would make sense. Annoyed at the 29th as IF I get an offer then I'm on a course that day for my MRes - are there any others?

ReputationRep:
    oh..my..WORD.

biggest
    anti-
    climax
    EVER.
    Haha, I know what you mean I've had a ton of emails telling me how wonderful engineering is at Glasgow (have an unconditional for Biomedical engineering), and today came home to a big brown envelope (gasp!).
    It was more engineering stuff.
    I think they're dropping hints

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Where are youuuu?

What did they say when you phoned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    That would make sense. Annoyed at the 29th as IF I get an offer then I'm on a course that day for my MRes - are there any others?
    After having a nosy around the Glasgow website I think thats the only applicant open day..but I'm sure you can ring and arrange a private tour prehaps?

the wait is agonising!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.