Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trungo)
    After having a nosy around the Glasgow website I think thats the only applicant open day..but I'm sure you can ring and arrange a private tour prehaps?

the wait is agonising!
    Thanks! Hopefully, I will be ringing for a private tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Insomniac)
    Where are youuuu?

What did they say when you phoned?
    Just got back from work , nice to see you missed me

Woman i needed to talk to wasn't there, apparently only the secetary is authorised, but nothing on ucas, she told me some rejections were sent out in the post last week and we should hear something soon, if i don't by the end of march i should call , but she was pretty sure we'll hear soon :sad:

Sorry guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)

Woman i needed to talk to wasn't there, apparently only the secetary is authorised, but nothing on ucas, she told me some rejections were sent out in the post last week and we should hear something soon, if i don't by the end of march i should call , but she was pretty sure we'll hear soon :sad:

Sorry guys
    chicken :P
    lol jk
    Im sure you'll get good news bro ! I think i checked my emails 28 times today =/ ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)

Sorry guys
    Ahhhh more waiting. Rejections in the post, but not track? How weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuhlowey)
    oh..my..WORD.

so ive already checked my emails a number of times a day. checked them about 15 mins ago but checked them again there now... ()

and there was an email from "University of Glasgow"
    i actually almost peed my pants.

clicked it and it was about a webchat with Biological and Life Science students.

biggest
    anti-
    climax
    EVER.
    why don't i have this e-mail? :sad: maybe it was for people they intend to give offers to , did you apply for a 5th choice at glasgow?
    dmz i hope youre not one of these people who make up facts to give us all false hope :hmmm:

did you ring today?
    give me good news!
    :awesome: why would i do that? it's horrible wait, knowing i'd return here as well, i ran home from work at 2 to check ucas then phone before running back to work because my 3G isn't working

I rang and the woman said she wasn't authorised, i asked for the secretary of admission who i was told to ask for, and she wasn't in, i could only call once, besides it would have been irritating to keep calling but she said if i don't hear anything by the end of march i should call back and rejections were posted from last week she said (don't think she meant all of them) :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    They might be possibly doing the thing that some other Medical schools do, where they reject you for Medicine but allow you to pick another course at the university.

HYMS did it with me last year, as did Leicester. I haven't heard of Glasgow doing it, but you never know.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: she didn't mention anything about track, i got two of my rejections by post last year, thought they were interviews too :rofl:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    chicken :P
    lol jk
    Im sure you'll get good news bro ! I think i checked my emails 28 times today =/ ....
    How am i? i called...with the number i had registered on ucas :cool: to be fair i had a feeling i wasn't gonna hear anything but i was relived i wasn't rejected (as far as i know :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMANIA)
    Best of luck dmz. I have been following this thread for a while. I really hope you get an offer.
    Thanks , do you have any offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    why don't i have this e-mail? :sad: maybe it was for people they intend to give offers to , did you apply for a 5th choice at glasgow?

:awesome: why would i do that? it's horrible wait, knowing i'd return here as well, i ran home from work at 2 to check ucas then phone before running back to work because my 3G isn't working

I rang and the woman said she wasn't authorised, i asked for the secretary of admission who i was told to ask for, and she wasn't in, i could only call once, besides it would have been irritating to keep calling but she said if i don't hear anything by the end of march i should call back and rejections were posted from last week she said (don't think she meant all of them) :bawling:
    :eek: rejections have been posted?????????

and no i think its probably because i applied to biomedical science at glasgow for my backup last year. but ive heard nothing about that since like i withdrew from it last year.

omg i better not get a rejection :afraid:

ReputationRep:

and no i think its probably because i applied to biomedical science at glasgow for my backup last year. but ive heard nothing about that since like i withdrew from it last year.

Don't stress over this now ! We might not find out till next week !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    :dontknow: she didn't mention anything about track, i got two of my rejections by post last year, thought they were interviews too :rofl:
    Eee, that sucks. Are you going to try ringing and seeing if the woman (Colleen, I'm assuming) is in tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    Dmz have you rang up yet, why would they say to you that they were giving out decisions and now just pretend otherwise!
    Can someone else call? cos it sounds like i'm making this **** up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    Don't stress over this now ! We might not find out till next week !
    i know but i had my hopes built up that it would be this week. silly me :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Eee, that sucks. Are you going to try ringing and seeing if the woman (Colleen, I'm assuming) is in tomorrow?
    She picked on friday i think, tho i rang the same number it was someone else. No, don't want to be 'that guy' just gonna have to chill, helps my blood pressure not knowing exactly when

*what she said* don't know whether she meant all of it, cos if no-one gets anything it looks like i'm chatting ****!!

This is gay now. I'm not even bothered, if i can't be a surgeon, i'll be a rich boring actuary FA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trungo)
    Just a thought guys: the applicant open day is on the 29th of march so surely we will find out way in advanced of this date to be able to arrange to go. I'm hoping by the end of the week/beginning of next tbh
    She did tell me to call at the end of march if i still haven't heard anything but i've probably said enough on this thread

but i know what i heard, nor do i like this kind of attention

ReputationRep:
    Taking into account the Open Day I would like to think we'd here back at the end of this week, possibly the start of next in order to give us time to arrange that day.

Also, the fact they have sent out rejections last week indicates they have been meeting and making decisions for a bit now, so hopefully we will get offers soon.

Chin up lads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)
    Taking into account the Open Day I would like to think we'd here back at the end of this week, possibly the start of next in order to give us time to arrange that day.

Also, the fact they have sent out rejections last week indicates they have been meeting and making decisions for a bit now, so hopefully we will get offers soon.

Chin up lads!
    And lassies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)

Chin up lads!
    Yer, i'm gonna go crawl into a hole and die, FA

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved any rejections by post yet because no one on here has mentioned being rejected recently from what i can remember? Hopefully they do reply soon because if i'm lucky enough to get an offer then i will need to book a flight/train ASAP and they are always soooo expensive with such late notice

ReputationRep:
    Please don't quote me for the rejection by post thing, someone else should call first, just use your mum's phone or something

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.