Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wish they'd send things via e-mail... I'm in France and won't be able to get my mail until next week!!

Hope theres not a rejection waiting on my doormat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Med16793)
    Has anyone recieved any rejections by post yet because no one on here has mentioned being rejected recently from what i can remember? Hopefully they do reply soon because if i'm lucky enough to get an offer then i will need to book a flight/train ASAP and they are always soooo expensive with such late notice
    If they were sent out last week, they may not have arrived yet, what with the snow (!) and everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatake42)
    If they were sent out last week, they may not have arrived yet, what with the snow (!) and everything
    There's still snow? :eyebrow:

and really someone else should call to confirm this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    There's still snow? :eyebrow:

and really someone else should call to confirm this
    Where I live (near Inverness), the weather's been horrible - it snowed literally all day Saturday! But it's gone now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Can someone else call? cos it sounds like i'm making this **** up
    My most sincere sympathy, I told a fiend about this and now he thinks I'm a bull****er making things up! Lol, I wouldnt worry about it. I expected to come home from school and this thread alive with action and was ready to ring Glasgow.

Patience really is a virtue, but I'm not virtous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    My most sincere sympathy, I told a fiend about this and now he thinks I'm a bull****er making things up! Lol, I wouldnt worry about it. I expected to come home from school and this thread alive with action and was ready to ring Glasgow.

Patience really is a virtue, but I'm not virtous!
    :console: everyone probably thinks i am now as well, but the 14th didn't come from me initially though i did get told to call on the 14th after that so...
    I ran home from lunch an had to run back all for nothing. I wish they would all say the same thing and do what they say, with that waiting a bit longer might be okay cos at least you know what's going on

Same here, sucks when you don't have a choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    :console: everyone probably thinks i am now as well, but the 14th didn't come from me initially though i did get told to call on the 14th after that so...
    I ran home from lunch an had to run back all for nothing. I wish they would all say the same thing and do what they say, with that waiting a bit longer might be okay cos at least you know what's going on

I believe you, dmz. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    I believe you, dmz. :yep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)

Perhaps they're told to leak fake information to stop people getting too anxious, (which by the way hadn't worked)

Cardiff have told everyone since January ALL rejections are in the post yet Royal Mail must just be terrible because it's 2 months on and id rather hear any news than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps they're told to leak fake information to stop people getting too anxious, (which by the way hadn't worked)

Cardiff have told everyone since January ALL rejections are in the post yet Royal Mail must just be terrible because it's 2 months on and id rather hear any news than nothing.
    My friend who applied cardiff said they've been getting different information, the only thing definite is that interview ends you on wednesday and only the secretary knows what the hell's going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trungo)
    Just a thought guys: the applicant open day is on the 29th of march so surely we will find out way in advanced of this date to be able to arrange to go. I'm hoping by the end of the week/beginning of next tbh
    how do you know that the open day is the 29th march? is that the open day for medicine applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dougmul51)
    how do you know that the open day is the 29th march? is that the open day for medicine applicants?
    I think there are 4 actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    My friend who applied cardiff said they've been getting different information, the only thing definite is that interview ends you on wednesday and only the secretary knows what the hell's going on
    When's the last interview for Glasgow, (know this must have been asked thousands of times)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    I think there are 4 actually
    is it four for any applicant for any course or 4 for just medicine? :O

ReputationRep:
    When's the last interview for Glasgow, (know this must have been asked thousands of times)
    wednesday

(Original post by dougmul51)
    is it four for any applicant for any course or 4 for just medicine? :O
    I dont think they're specific to medicine
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/ope...plicantsvisit/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    wednesday

I dont think they're specific to medicine
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/ope...plicantsvisit/
    Well if they start giving out offers after that it could make or ruin my St Patricks day this year. Glasgow take note of this and please be sympathetic to an Irish person on their national holiday

ReputationRep:
    Long time lurker guys.

Just got a conditional offer on track.

Not trolling I promise!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional for Glasgow . My interview was back in December. Got the email from track about 5 mins ago!

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    **** **** ****, I GOT A CONDITIONAL. I'M ENGLISH, HAD AN INTERVIEW IN DECEMBER, THAT I WELL AND TRUELY MESSED UP, BUT IT WENT WELL ENOUGH!

i'm so happy i could cry.

theres hope for you all, i really hope you all get an offer on here, god knows the amount of time spent lurking in this forum, we all deserve it. i got my email at 11.18 tonight.

ReputationRep:
    OFFER!!
    Unconditional (re-applicant)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.