The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danman14
ahh ok! seems like he was just trying to scare you, im pretty sure there were 800 interviews this year :smile:

Yip, definitely sounds like scare tactics then!! And it worked :biggrin:

Still, big number of interviewees to process, so it's unlikely all responses would come in one day. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to hear!
Reply 1721
Don't give up hope all of you that don't have offers. I went through 4 days of watching Dundee giving out offers and rejections to almost everyone else on TSR until I was convinced that I was rejected. The offer did come in the end though!

Px
Original post by sweetchilli
Thanks so much! :biggrin:

Congrats!!!!!!! I'm so glad you got an offer ! Are you going to the open day ?
Hopefully see you in september guys !
Congrats Sweetchilli!

PS I'm Rebecca :wink:
Reply 1724
Ok, trying to start a fb group.

Let me know if this works?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glasgow-Medics-2011/204128439614151
Reply 1725
And if anyone else has more of a clue how to do a group for this feel free to do so :biggrin: or join as admin on the above page.
Original post by AuldYin
And if anyone else has more of a clue how to do a group for this feel free to do so :biggrin: or join as admin on the above page.

Link works but no option to join as such. Just the 'like' button!
Reply 1727
Hmm maybe it has to be an account rather than a Page???

Anyone out there more tech savvy?
Reply 1728
Original post by sweetchilli
Link works but no option to join as such. Just the 'like' button!

Can you "like" the page and post something on the wall? If so then it functions as a group no? Gets everyone in the same place so we can see who is going to be in the year.
OFFER !!!! I can't believe this !!! AAB !!! this is incredible!!! I was just about to get a bus to the airport for an interview in Cardiff. Decided to check my track for the millionth time ! and Boom there was an offer there !!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Im just going to go cancel my interview in Cardiff. Glasgow is where I really want to go

Anyone else with a conditional offer: Do you know if they want an A in chemistry. On the letter it said, Offer: AAB including Chemistry... :confused: I appreciate any help :smile: Im so excited !!!!!
Liked and commented on FB page :smile:

do excuse my profile pic! Haha!
X
the status of my application (on the welcome page) has just went blank. does it always do that?!??!?!
Reply 1732
Original post by Luna Lovegood
Liked and commented on FB page :smile:

do excuse my profile pic! Haha!
X

Haha, lovin the picture. That's ok in mine I'm making a drunken attempt at poledancing.

So it seems the two options are to have a page or to have a group but to make a group I can only add people to it if they are fb friends. So I either add the lot of you as friends and make a group or I create a new fb account purely to add everyone and create a group???

Yeah trying to figure out fb is totally gonna get the PhD completed...
Reply 1733
Original post by AuldYin
Hmm maybe it has to be an account rather than a Page???

Anyone out there more tech savvy?

May I attempt to make a group group please??? :smile:

Sorry I don't want to make any enemies before I've even started :wink:
Reply 1734
When is the offer day? And did Glasgow send any of you a letter/email after your notification of an offer?
I'm kind of working abroad atm so obvs not at home to get my post!
Reply 1735
Original post by trungo
May I attempt to make a group group please??? :smile:

Sorry I don't want to make any enemies before I've even started :wink:

Of course you can! I am not to proud to admit when I don't have a scooby how to do something!!

So far I have made a group and added the people who have "liked" the fb page in order to get their names. So there is now a group but the only way I can see to add people is to friend them first on my profile then add them to the group.

If you know a shorter way to do this then go for it hun :smile:

P
Reply 1736
Original post by FatWilly
When is the offer day? And did Glasgow send any of you a letter/email after your notification of an offer?

It's the 29th March and is on Glasgow Uni's website. You register online for it.
Reply 1737
Original post by AuldYin
Of course you can! I am not to proud to admit when I don't have a scooby how to do something!!

So far I have made a group and added the people who have "liked" the fb page in order to get their names. So there is now a group but the only way I can see to add people is to friend them first on my profile then add them to the group.

If you know a shorter way to do this then go for it hun :smile:

P

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_152706194790047&ap=1

I hope this group group worked haha. I tried my best!
Ill post it on your page too
Reply 1738

the applicants open day for those who have offers is Tuesday 29th March.

The link for it is here mate:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/about/visit/ope...plicantsvisit/
Reply 1739
Original post by AuldYin
It's the 29th March and is on Glasgow Uni's website. You register online for it.

Thanks!
Won't be able to go though. Oh well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending