Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The average has gone DOWN this year? Seriously???!?

Not that i'm complaining!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danman14)
    The average has gone DOWN this year? Seriously???!?

Not that i'm complaining!

hahaha yes it was 626 last year but its pretty similar so I think it just depends on which students applied where with what score :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colgo24)
    Hey guys i rang up Glasgow today, they said the ukcat national average this year was 2488, they didnt request the average in each of the four subsections as they only use the total score. Hope this helps, it works out at like 622. but I looked up ukcat 2009 report and the average last year was 2504.57 so it has gone down this year

Hope this helps :P
    Oh wow
    Thanks for that! Btw does that mean 622 is their cut off aswell? Or thats just the national avg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueee:))
    Oh wow
    Thanks for that! Btw does that mean 622 is their cut off aswell? Or thats just the national avg?
    hahahaha Its the national average I hinted about the cut off and she didnt really respond to the quesstion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colgo24)
    hahahaha Its the national average I hinted about the cut off and she didnt really respond to the quesstion
    lol aaah, quite possibly they havent set one yet!

ReputationRep:
    I called them yesterday and they said that they haven't even screened all of the application forms yet and that anyone claiming to have an interview is being less than honest as they will not begin to offer these until start of Dec!

She also couldn't tell me what their minimum ukcat score would be for interview as she said they take the top x applications and the cutoff will be whichever score is at the end of that list and as they hadn't gone through all the applications yet she couldn't say what that would be.

Perhaps they have since acquired this information or maybe it depends who you manage to get on the phone. I spoke to medical schools admission dept.

ReputationRep:
    Cut off last year was 642 for Glasgow. It will definitely go up. Newcastle last year was 650 and it has gone up to 665 this year. So I don't think it matters much about the average score.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry typo in last post the cut-off for Newcastle & Durham this year is 675 not 665 as quoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandino boy)
    Sorry typo in last post the cut-off for Newcastle & Durham this year is 675 not 665 as quoted.
    URRGH I had 680 but I didn't want t risk it x.x ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auldyin)
    i called them yesterday and they said that they haven't even screened all of the application forms yet and that anyone claiming to have an interview is being less than honest as they will not begin to offer these until start of dec!

She also couldn't tell me what their minimum ukcat score would be for interview as she said they take the top x applications and the cutoff will be whichever score is at the end of that list and as they hadn't gone through all the applications yet she couldn't say what that would be.

Perhaps they have since acquired this information or maybe it depends who you manage to get on the phone. I spoke to medical schools admission dept.
    december????

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys Question here: do they send ALL the interview invites in december... or do they send some in januray/february as well? just wondering... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    Hey guys Question here: do they send ALL the interview invites in december... or do they send some in januray/february as well? just wondering... :rolleyes:
    It was last year but I think I got mine in November, most people seemed to be notified by Christmas but I think there were some being told after Christmas.

I hope they start interviewing before Christmas, I can't wait to see you all coming in in your suits :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    I hope they start interviewing before Christmas, I can't wait to see you all coming in in your suits :teeth:
    That made me sniggle hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    It was last year but I think I got mine in November, most people seemed to be notified by Christmas but I think there were some being told after Christmas.

hhaaahaa I got mine yesterday with my dad. Bloody expensive things. I feel like a businessman in mine.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what the UKCAT cut off will be this year, i got 665 and glasgow's probably my only hope so i desperately hope i make it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Does anyone have any idea what the UKCAT cut off will be this year, i got 665 and glasgow's probably my only hope so i desperately hope i make it
    Perhaps someone can give them a call and ask that'd be nice anyone offering to call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teafil)
    Perhaps someone can give them a call and ask that'd be nice anyone offering to call?
    i'll call now

ReputationRep:
    she said she doesn't know yet, no cut off just a minimum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    she said she doesn't know yet, no cut off just a minimum
    What do you mean by minimum... and did she mention what this minimum is?

ReputationRep:
    A minimum is a cut off though right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.