Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    a resident gave me an imported cigar today, good time to take up smoking? :lol:
    There's never a bad time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    a resident gave me an imported cigar today, good time to take up smoking? :lol:
    Bleurgh, I hate cigars. One of the guys at college wanted me to buy one for him but I told him where to go and to make do with marlboro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaco9)
    Sounds super, may just do the very same!

NOOO, no sugar!
    what?! :zomg: that's far too bitter, i pretty much tip the sugar container the rare moments i drink coffee

(Original post by Harbour Seal)
    Coffee (and ****) are how I survive college. Fact.
    Haha i went with girlfriend and sleeping, can't do either cos of the taste and smell

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer

ReputationRep:
    Bleurgh, I hate cigars. One of the guys at college wanted me to buy one for him but I told him where to go and to make do with marlboro.
    Haha nicely done, i used to think cigars were like ancient. Think I'd be more interested in weed than tobacco tho I'd probs never try either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    Haha, well I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore just kidding. I thought you had but i thought what if he hasn't and i missed him out? Better safe than sorry
    lol you can be forgiven with all the chaos of last night, I imagine it will be quite similar tonight with everyone expecting to hear back now!

Anyway, thanks again, see you in Glasgow hopefully!

Only person I'll probably recognise is Sweetchilli since I have been seeing her avatar for ages now! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanCarter93)
    I got an offer
    now?

ReputationRep:
    There's never a bad time!
    Nice advice for a future Doctor :rolleyes:

Kidding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    what?! :zomg: that's far too bitter, i pretty much tip the sugar container the rare moments i drink coffee
    Yeahhh man!

ReputationRep:
    someone's going to break the refresh button, lol. Wouldn't be surprised if they put it up at 6.50 or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    someone's going to break the refresh button, lol. Wouldn't be surprised if they put it up at 6.50 or something
    I don't even know why I'm checking if I have an offer, I might as well wait for my rejection to come through... my heart would thank me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    and insomniac of course. Can't wait to see her
    The longer we wait, the more sure I am that I'm getting a rejection...

Getting an interview at Warwick has made me realise how much I wanna go to Glasgow. I should be more excited about it, but I'm just scared as hell about not getting in to Glasgow. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Insomniac)
    Same

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know why I'm checking if I have an offer, I might as well wait for my rejection to come through... my heart would thank me!
    are you firming Glasgow

(Original post by Happy Insomniac)

Getting an interview at Warwick has made me realise how much I wanna go to Glasgow. I should be more excited about it, but I'm just scared as hell about not getting in to Glasgow. Sigh.
    once it's Thursday I'm pretty sure it's over

how's that?! I'm scared i won't be a doctor :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    are you firming Glasgow
    If I got an offer, I most definitely would! Glasgow is the dog's balls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost Time)
    Pretty certain I'll firm, got rejected from Edinburgh & Dundee and not expecting Aberdeen to get back to me with anything other than a big fat rejection by now! From Aberdeen

I got an offer last night (guess it was just a tad crazy!) but thanks for thinking of me

Now we just need you to join us with your offer tonight
    Congrats! Must've missed your post among all the others!

ReputationRep:
    If I got an offer, I most definitely would! Glasgow is the dog's balls!
    same here. Just in case it's a mistake lol

ReputationRep:
    Cup of tea and a fag for me :cool:

Time to refresh track like mental.
    Another smoker! Are you intending to give up? I tried a while back and lasted 6 days - before my interview so I wasn't stinking of ****! Thought that might mean a rejection right away as not a very good advocate if we smoke and try and tell patients to stop etc...

ReputationRep:
    was looking through my "interview folder" earlier, which I made for glasgow..had notes which i had taken on everything i could ever think they would ask me.., my personal statement, qualities of a doctor, curriculum, the NHS , work experience, examples of teamworking skills, common medical conditions, ethical scenarios (hell I even memorised the declaration of Helsinki) etc etc

pfft what a waste of time. I wouldn't have been mad at myself If i hadn't prepared like crazy. I don't think i've ever felt this low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    same here. Just in case it's a mistake lol
    I'm going to guess that we won't hear until later on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.