Turn on thread page Beta

Keeping provisional licence after passing watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CJN)
    And what sort of places to you go? Local pubs or something?

In glasgow and aberdeen none of the large bars and clubs take anything except a passport or driving license.

Even stuff that is valid ID like citizencard, youngscot etc. and a student card isnt actually proper ID.
    Student cards might not be your normal form of id and it isnt really classed as valid but lots of places accept it. I have been to all sorts of places (pubs, clubs etc) around where i live and they have never refused it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Student cards might not be your normal form of id and it isnt really classed as valid but lots of places accept it. I have been to all sorts of places (pubs, clubs etc) around where i live and they have never refused it.
    Do you live in the country or something? Places are very strict with ID now, if you go anywhere normal you will need a driving license or passport.

They dont even accept other valid id, let alone a student card - all that is good for is getting in cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    Oh I don't need it for driving. I'm unlikely to be driving again before I finish uni and definitely not before christmas (when I'd ideally like to send off for my licence if I pass next week).
    then its fine then, just be careful there is a time limit (not sure what) that you need to send it off by. and if you loose the certificate then youll have to redo the tests.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.