Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so obviously ive heard of the illuminati beforee all the time. It's linked to various people in media, e.g. Jay Z and in general a lot of things. However
    what exactly is the illuminati? why does it exisit? what do they do? etc etc etc

Like i always hear the term but i dont exactly know what it is (if that makes sense lol)

i know its linked to freemasons and loads of other things, but yeh basically what is it?

( i did try researching on google and stuff but all the things on it are so LONG and BORING. so can you make your response abit user friendly!)

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, its a load bull. Kind of religion a saddo made up, and luckily got people who would follow anything, using celebrities as a USP. Its based on evil in a way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    Trust me, its a load bull. Kind of religion a saddo made up, and luckily got people who would follow anything, using celebrities as a USP. Its based on evil in a way!
    lol maybe so! so its a religion? thats what i sort of thought but then on the interent its like going back in history about bankers and all sorts :/

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Resident Evil 4 comes to mind. I can't remember why though:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Along with the Freemasons and the knights Templar, they control every government in the world. If you're into conspiracy theories that is...

ReputationRep:
    They live in Spain and if you shoot them in the head sometimes their heads explode and produce a large mass of sharp, fleshy tentacles.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I understand it, it was just an organisation in the late-1700's with a lot of highly regarded members (politicians/writers etc).

Nowadays it is just exploited by musicians to try and create an eerie back story to their otherwise dull music.

I'm probably wrong though, and it is infact an evil organisation headed by a bald Mike Myers who's evil plan was to kill of Tupac.

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    Just silly conspiracy theories and inadequate accusations made against some celebrities (Jay-Z) of worshipping the devil. I dont know too much about it, but its a load of bull.

ReputationRep:
    They hide behind smileys like this one
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n33t)
    Okay so obviously ive heard of the illuminati beforee all the time. It's linked to various people in media, e.g. Jay Z and in general a lot of things. However
    what exactly is the illuminati? why does it exisit? what do they do? etc etc etc

Like i always hear the term but i dont exactly know what it is (if that makes sense lol)

i know its linked to freemasons and loads of other things, but yeh basically what is it?

( i did try researching on google and stuff but all the things on it are so LONG and BORING. so can you make your response abit user friendly!)
    Oh dear. Get ready for much arguing, abuse and insults it shudnt take long before this thread turns into a religous and philisophical battle.

p.s. in simple terms. they are a group of people who follow a faith of enlightnmnet i.e. like any other religion. but its an underground faith and only certain people can followi i or join who happen to be people that matter in todays world.

ReputationRep:
    A conspiracy theory. They were a cult several hundred years ago, there is no such group today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cozzle19)
    I've read 'Angels and Demons' by Dan Brown and there's a lot of information about the Illuminati in there. From what I recall the Illuminati means 'enlightened ones' and they are an anti-religious organisation, which historically was made up of intellectuals and scientists such as Galileo. They supposedly infiltrated powerful places such as Vatican City.

I can't remember much off the top of my head, but on Dan Brown's website there is a Question and Answer section about the book, and if you look through the 3 pages of questions (dont worry, there are only a few questions per page) many questions are about the Illuminati, and the answers you may find interesting.

The link to that page is here: http://www.danbrown.com/#/angelsAndDemons/questions
    You know that the 'illuminati' in that book bear very little resemblance to the real life thing, right?

OP, there is a lot of conspiracy around this whole thing, but there's a secret source of information, for those who seek knowledge. The inducted know it from the Tomes as 'Wikipedia'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

Shhh, use this information wisely. I'm glad you asked on this forum, rather than having to find out about this secret repository of information on your own.

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    It's just a group started out as nothing and rumors made it something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cozzle19)
    Of course, but Dan Brown does a lot of careful research before he writes his novels and so I am assuming that most of the historical / background information in the book is true.
    Hahah, i get it, good one.

A lot of careful research... ah, that was very well done.

On the off chance you were serious.... no

He made a massive thing in The Da Vinci Code of the 'beloved disciple' being Mary Magdalene, when anyone who has read John's Gospel knows that the beloved disciple is referred to by male pronouns (and this isn't a translation thing - he was referred to by male pronouns in the original texts). On top of this, the beloved disciple and mary magdalene are found in the same 'scenes' of the bible and mentioned by name specifically as separate people. E.g. In John's Gospel where Mary Magdalene tells the beloved disciple about Jesus not being in His tomb.

So no, Brown's research is awful and if you take anything he says as being reliable, then i pity you, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Its an organisation that believe they are supreme and better than the general public. It could be classified as a cult as they belive in a type of God called the supreme being. Freemasons are closely linked to the illuminati and I doubt Jay-Z has much to do with them. They control most of our lives we just don;t realise e.g the news, the MET office, big oil companies etc

ReputationRep:
    reptilians from planet nibiru

at the end of american civil war reptlian shapeshifters took over the US government
    and now control everything,

reptilians in the shape of humans changed everything, industrial age began pollution destruction, materialism etc,

reptilians goals are to **** up the earth as much as possible and establish a one nation state or new world order which they will control, they also like to eat humans, all the powerful people, eg obama, the royal family, the media etc are reptilian shapeshifters capable of shifting from human to lizard form, they all interbreed to keep the reptilian gene all in the family, just like the pharoahs of ancient egypt used to do (they were also lizards), princess diana for example was assasinated as she found out about the reptilian bloodline in the royal family and was going to out them but they had her executed before she could which they staged to be a car crash.

ReputationRep:
    It's a nonsense conspiracy theory usually professed by 30 year old virgins still living with their parents.

Such people also usually go on about HAARP, the New World Order and Chemtrails.

If spotted they can be subdued with copious amounts of aluminium foil.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.