Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Predicted grades AAB - where should I consider applying to? watch

ReputationRep:
    Predicted A in Sociology and History
    B in Business

With a C in English at AS

Wanting to do History where should I apply too with AABc?

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted similar grades to you. I am applying to Exeter, Cardiff, Bath, Loughborough and Surrey.

Be sure to choose an AAA university such as Bath or Bristol, and then a few AAB's and then a BBB for backup. I've heard good things about Durham, Warwick and Exeter for History - there grade boundaries should be around AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, so far I got: UCL which is AAB,
    Manchester ABB,
    Birmingham AAB
    Leicester ABB
    Goldsmiths ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyc222)
    I've heard good things about Durham, Warwick and Exeter for History - there grade boundaries should be around AAB.
    But those three are AAA? and if not they would expect you to be predicted AAA even if their offer is AAB (unis often look for predictions higher than their offers because they know predictions can be inflated)- so yes you need to make sure that you apply to some ABB and BBB places, especially this year.

If you are predicted AAB it is not worth applying to AAA places unless there are really strong special circs.

ReputationRep:
    ou should apply to the Unis you like the looks of, not where the grades will take you?

ReputationRep:
    I have a strong chance of getting AAA, but without Physics I can't get into the engineering courses I want to do at the AAA universities. That's why I have to go for AAB - with AAA in Bath - who dont need physics.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is a good Uni and they should accept you with those grades.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.