procrastination...
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm doing GCSE Photography as a night class at my local college, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to get a high grade at the end of the course, as I figured that if I start working on it now then it'll be less stress nearer to the end of the course. Thanks
miike1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Like art, it's all about the coursework
procrastination...
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by miike1234)
Okay, but what is it about the coursework that gets you the top grades?
damos92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by miike1234)
The quality of your advice is unparaleled, amazing even. It inspires wonder and debate, questions are posed such as, 'How does mike1234 do what he does?', attempts to answer this pertinent question are futile, your skills are just that good.
mathew551
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I haven't done GCSE Photography but maybe it tells you in the specification. Maybe you have like, a checklist?

I would ask your teacher for advice regarding this as well.
Norris197
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Take a REALLY good picture.

....sorry
sheepshap
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was going to to ask the same question
Xxxeli
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know this is a good few years too late but as the advice was so shockingly poor and in case people are still looking for advice I thought I would post. The best thing you can do is find out who the examining body is and check their criteria.AQA following 4 assessment objectives which you will be graded against. To do well you need to score as highly as possible in each of these. Make sure your artist research is good and relevant. Recreate artists work showing an understanding of how they work.Respond to the artists work with your own images.Experiment! Make sure you experiment in different ways that link to the artists you have looked at.Recent changes now mean that you have to have an element of writing and drawing. Neither of these have to be good but they have to be relevant. Your drawing could be to plan out a photo you are going to take. A good photography sketchbook will show an ability to explore and follow a chain. Everything will be meaningful and it will not be limited. Hopefully this will be a bit more helpful than the previous answers.Good luck!
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just take a photo of some random **** and sketch it
Jessicamarie_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Xxxeli)
I know this is a good few years too late but as the advice was so shockingly poor and in case people are still looking for advice I thought I would post. The best thing you can do is find out who the examining body is and check their criteria.AQA following 4 assessment objectives which you will be graded against. To do well you need to score as highly as possible in each of these. Make sure your artist research is good and relevant. Recreate artists work showing an understanding of how they work.Respond to the artists work with your own images.Experiment! Make sure you experiment in different ways that link to the artists you have looked at.Recent changes now mean that you have to have an element of writing and drawing. Neither of these have to be good but they have to be relevant. Your drawing could be to plan out a photo you are going to take. A good photography sketchbook will show an ability to explore and follow a chain. Everything will be meaningful and it will not be limited. Hopefully this will be a bit more helpful than the previous answers.Good luck!
this was extremely helpful! even at A level. As a past and present photography student all you can do is follow criteria. my teacher gave us a detailed checklist of the exam coursework specifications. maybe ask your teacher to do the same, you can stick it in the front of your sketchbook and constantly refer to it. it is also a helpful guide grade for you as you're constantly ticking areas of work needed for the top grades. i religiously followed these criteria sheets and i was only a few marks off an A. I wish you the best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
30%
No (336)
70%

Watched Threads