The Student Room Group

******** Uni - I am FUMING!

2 days ago I logged on to my student account and tried to find the course spec for royal holloway. I find it, I open it....1 ******* ******** page with a few ******* bullet points :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ONE PAGE!!! Is this a ******* joke!? I thought surely this can't be the proper one so I went to my form tutor and asked him for the course syllabus and he gave me the same thing.

I am absolutely FUMING right now, just fuming! Like seriously, I've been made to feel bad about my initial dismissal of this uni and got all the lectures about prestige and rankings aren't everything ....but I can't even ******* get a proper course syllabus? My gcse specs were more ******* detailed than that WTF! :mad:

I am so outraged as all I care about now is focusing on my course and doing well, I thought these ******* will at LEAST provide me with a syllabus that can't be written by an 8 year old on microsoft word but NO!

I am really really angry, what can I do now? Just go to those incompetent bastards and tell them that their disgraceful one page spec is not good enough? Yeah, that'll really put me in their good books, first week in and I'm already criticising their ******** institute.

All I want is a proper syllabus for my course for **** sake is this too much to ask? :banghead: Can anybody please suggest what I do? Is there any place within a uni where I can file a complaint or something?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Why do you need a syllabus may I ask?
Reply 2
You should go to student help if you have one or just email them and say you are disappointed with it. Are you sure you want to stick with this uni given how much you dislike it?

JC
thats what you get when you dont stick to russel group unis
Yeah, you might want to consider if you want to settle for lower standards than you were hoping for.. Speaking from experience, I have learnt the hard way that it isn't worth sticking out somewhere when your first impressions aren't good, and now its too late. So give it good thought, you might want to do a couple of resits.
Holy ****.. If you react to the syllabus like that, I'd love to see what happens when you realise how **** our library is.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
I like your rage.

^ @ GodSpeed, lol.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Aaahhh holloway :smile:.. its really nice there. Make sure to join the student club thing where they take you to clubs in London and everything, thats the shizz. Besides what good is going to uni, if you are not gonna party hard!
Reply 8
Formerly LieDown
Why do you need a syllabus may I ask?

He's prob more angry at how unorganised the whole thing is. It's really **** how he expected so much.
Reply 9
calm down

and carry on
tbh it does sound pretty poor, I'm not going to a very prestigious place and I have a separate area for each module this year, granted it's more like 3-4 pages outlining them not incredibly in-depth but we have a few course leader/tutor induction things next week which last a few hours each, I imagine they'll go into detail then.
And that is why universities outside the Russell Group are generally considered to be ****. Enjoy 3/4 years of that :smile:
Reply 12
wah wah wah. Get a ******* life.
Reply 13
Chill out
shiinkii
Aaahhh holloway :smile:.. its really nice there. Make sure to join the student club thing where they take you to clubs in London and everything, thats the shizz. Besides what good is going to uni, if you are not gonna party hard!

hahaha I love how this was so lovely and helpful and yet so unhelpful and irrelevent. Then again, I'm not gonna be much more helpful: OP, chill out a bit.
I dunno much about either unis, heck I dont even live in the UK. But thats quite a fall if u ask me, for most courses atleast.......
Imperial> UCL>>>>>RH

So what were u expecting when u went there?
(edited 13 years ago)
And why do you need a syllabus?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
WelshBluebird
And why do you need a syllabus?

clearly it's the principle of the thing :unimpressed: she woulda been expecting a bit better from the uni
anyway, OP might be one of those really OCD people who needs the syllabus to revise/organise notes etc.
i've never looked at any of mine but hey, whatever floats her boat
theths
OP might be one of those really OCD people who needs the syllabus to revise/organise notes etc.boat

University is about independent learning and study. If you need a detailed list of exactly what to study / revise, then uni is not for you IMO.

Latest

Trending

Trending