Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lacto Vegetarian Breakfast ? Any ideas Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    brill ! i will pop down to Tesco tomorrow morning and have a look ! Might try the Quorn stuff again =) ! Never heard of Linda Mcatney food .. will try that as well ! Cheers for your help .. il rep you tomo

x
    If you have a Sainsbury's near you try there too! they stock alot of stuff and is usually in the same section rather than dotted around the store (annoying!) like in Asda or Tesco. ALthough I work part time in Sainsbury's so I am biased! I'll be honest I've gradually tried things that are on offer like B.O.G.O.F etc because it is expensive to buy veggy stuff and not like it! I've only tried a few of the Linda Mcartney products but I would reccomend the veggy sausage rolls. I have a friend who eats meat and she once had some dinner at mine and since I cooked the sausage-like rolls she now buys them! they are in the frozen section.

I will say I don't really like the plain sausages in the Quorn range they are awful but the red onion ones are nice because they have more flavour and I don't like the escalopes but my Boyfriend does so you might. The Quorn chicken style and mushroom pies are also nice too even if a little fattening. Oh and the chilled burgers are great for BBQ's not a fan of the frozen ones though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourgeois)
    You're not a lacto-vegetarian then. If you eat egg products - doesn't matter if it's the egg itself or just something that has eggs in it, you're a lacto-ovo. Just fyi because they are many products that have eggs in them which you may like for breakfast (waffles for example) and there's no reason to avoid them?
    Ye sorry ... the definitions sometimes are confusing ... thank you for clearing that up for me ! Oh i came back from USA not too long ago and loved the pancakes and waffles ... don't know how to make them though =/ Also is that Hellsing in your avatar ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullet_theory92)
    Whole grain waffles and peanut or almond butter topped with fruit spread.
    I still need to try almond butter! It sounds so yum.

Where do you get whole grain waffles from? I've never seen them...

ReputationRep:
    Scrambled eggs with diced onion, avocado, and jalapenos is delicious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.