Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much would it cost in petrol to drive 60 miles? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmarinou)
    I just wondered how much it would cost to pick me up from Stansted airport 7:10pm on saturday and drop to Borehamwood. I got 2 quotes from taxi companies and want to charge around £50. Is that a rip of or a good price.
    Thanks
    How is that relevant to this topic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmarinou)
    I just wondered how much it would cost to pick me up from Stansted airport 7:10pm on saturday and drop to Borehamwood. I got 2 quotes from taxi companies and want to charge around £50. Is that a rip of or a good price.
    Thanks
    Take it. It's a bargain....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How much would it cost to drive 33miles in an unleaded in a 1.6 juke

ReputationRep:
    It varies depending on the engine size and fuel consumption.

For instance, my car has a 5.0L engine and it drinks fuel like nobody's business. I reckon it'd cost me around £25 worth of fuel to drive 60 miles.

On the other hand, these days, the 2.0L diesel cars that almost all taxi drivers have can do like 60-70mpg and so the fuel would cost way less!

Do the maths - you're paying a hefty service charge!

ReputationRep:
    The fuel cost calculator enables you to calculate fuel costs and could save your fleet money. Cost to travel 60 miles in Ford Ka is £7.69

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    Might be an utterly random question to you, but I'm wondering how much to give my friend for giving me a lift tomorrow, basically. She has a 1.4 Ford Ka if that helps
    I don't even think there is a 1.4 Ka.

But the average MPGs of ford Kas would put the cost of 60 miles in the region of £7-10.

(Original post by Clubber Lang)
    I would give a tenner probably but the cost will probably be closer to 10p a mile so approx £6.

But if they are going out of their way to help etc then it might be worth bumping it to £10.
    Taxi drivers must use liquefied gold to fuel their cars given how much them ****ers charge. Bloody hate them.

ReputationRep:
    I think tell her you pay as a friend, and you are indebted to her-- and compensate for her petrol and basic other costs --- £12--- and anything more you can afford for her services. Maybe a £20 is a nice figure!

Funny I had exactly the same from a friend and gave them £30, but today I am unemployed and would have difficulty with more than £12--- a good friend will understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brendankiwi)
    I think tell her you pay as a friend, and you are indebted to her-- and compensate for her petrol and basic other costs --- £12--- and anything more you can afford for her services. Maybe a £20 is a nice figure!

Funny I had exactly the same from a friend and gave them £30, but today I am unemployed and would have difficulty with more than £12--- a good friend will understand!
    I'm sure she'll find this helpful over 5 years later.

ReputationRep:
    Hiw mu h would it cost in petrol 66 miles per day in.a 308S Peugeot 2006
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lachick113)
    Hiw mu h would it cost in petrol 66 miles per day in.a 308S Peugeot 2006
    How are we supposed to know? Go conduct your own experiments; we can't predict the future.

ReputationRep:
    Round about a tenner, yeah.
    I have a 1.3 Fiesta that does roughly 300 miles on a full tank filled at just over £35 at a 109.9 station (and I have a sub in the boot and car tools).

ReputationRep:
    If Diesel is £1.15p a litre how much will it cost me to travel 150 miles

ReputationRep:
    that journey in that car would be like 1.3 gallons, so about 5 and a half litres which currently costs £7ish

ReputationRep:
    the bumps on this thread :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mill123)
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=petrol+cost+calculator
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    that journey in that car would be like 1.3 gallons, so about 5 and a half litres which currently costs £7ish
    Hey guys, please try not to bump old threads

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Come on now, stop being silly.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.