Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What si it with women and uniforms Watch

or roleplaying? Like what is so hot about a uniform a man wears to work, like say he is a police man and he has the hat and everything, there is nothing hot about that :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more to do with Business men and how sharp they look.

ReputationRep:
    It's because men in uniform (firemen, policemen, soldiers, even an expensive suit) are usually associated with being virile and heroic. To many women, these men are capable of taking care of themselves and others in need.

It's also really fun to roleplay lol.

ReputationRep:
    If you look at a man in a uniform you have this idea in your head that they want to protect you, sweep you off your feet - but men in ordinary clothes can be just as hot but you don't know there name or there nature

ReputationRep:
    yuck, policeman is a complete turn OFF, maybe that's because i dont like police.

erm... i don't know, the only uniform that's hot is the US marine uni, our royal navy oe and the military one over here in UK.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know...I think it's just about the men seeming really 'manly' and able to look after us. Plus policemen/firemen/soldiers etc have to be physically at peak fitness, which is always an attraction

But really, men in uniforms just look hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    I think it's more to do with Business men and how sharp they look.
    :no:

Key word - brawn. I literally go weak at the knees for a man in uniform, I can't really explain why... but I suppose they emit this manliness that the general male population just doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    So a Doctors outfit, policeman, fire fighters rain coat all exude more manliness?

Have you girls seen the beforementioned outside of the yearly topless calenders?

ReputationRep:
    nah to me it's only the guys who wear buisness suits who look hot, ooh baby :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    yuck, policeman is a complete turn OFF, maybe that's because i dont like police.

erm... i don't know, the only uniform that's hot is the US marine uni, our royal navy oe and the military one over here in UK.
    Well that's nice and vague...

FWIW, I've been a 'man in uniform' for longer than I really care to remember and have never seen evidence of this phenomenom in real life. Ok, I'm not the most attractive guy in the world, I can live with that, but I know some freakishly goodlooking guys, also in uniform, and it doesn't work for them, either.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably for the same reasons some men like girls to dress as french maids and schoolteachers.....? It's less about the actual clothes and more about the fantasy element, I think.

Personally, I like a man in a suit. Firefighters are good too. Policemen and army outfits don't really do anything for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    nah to me it's only the guys who wear buisness suits who look hot, ooh baby :coma:
    Thissssss :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    FWIW, I've been a 'man in uniform' for longer than I really care to remember and have never seen evidence of this phenomenom in real life.
    What uniform though?

ReputationRep:
    men in suits = :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobaloo)
    What uniform though?
    RAF. So, flying suits (:sigh: the topgun look...), typical combats, blue suits...

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get the attraction of men in uniforms. Unless it's an amazing suit, in my oppinion it just looks boring...

ReputationRep:
    It goes both ways.

ReputationRep:
    Man in suit is hot. and......

man in star trek uniform and harry potter uniform. :P :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Navy uniform. Pilot uniform. Firefighter. Anything requiring a suit. Basically, any uniform. Don't care what they look like either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    RAF. So, flying suits (:sigh: the topgun look...), typical combats, blue suits...
    picture? please?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.