Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was on the bus going to work today and there were two little scally lads about age 12-14 when I got on. They weren't causing any problems when I got on but a few stops after a young girl (10-11) of Indian/Pakistan ethnicity got on the bus coming home from school.

The two little scumbags were giving her abuse throughout the journey pertaining entirely to her race. It was quite uncomfortable to see, but it was happening at the front of the bus, the bus was full and I was at the back and I did very nearly confront the two of them but somebody did it before me but that was 10 mins after it started.

Anyway, the guy who confronted him was realy angry (was white if it matters to anyone) and actually clipped the main lad quite forcefully round the ear and acted quite agressively (I personally think that's what they needed they certainly were put in their place) and demanded he apologise to the girl.

This brings up so many issues.

- Why were these kids so bigoted at their age?
    - Why did NOBODY (Including myself) on the bus intervene sooner?
    - Why did I say to myself "Say something" but couldn't?
    - That man could get into some DEEP **** for defending what was right (He did "attack" him). Is that right?

etc.

Thoughts please

ReputationRep:
    basically, human beings are selfish c***s

if that guy does get into trouble, there's your reason why
    no good deed goes unpunished

out of interest, was the guy who got involved white or asian?

(Original post by ThinkingThoughts)
    - Why did I say to myself "Say something" but couldn't?
    Because you were afraid of being duffed up by a 12 year old :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You mean you didn't challenge the filthy commoners to a pistol duel?

Poor show old chap.

ReputationRep:
    They probably have retarded parents.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why you didnt

I am one of those irritating people who always get involved whilst everyone else sits there and pretends nothing is going on

ReputationRep:
    That poor girl. :no:

People who insult others for no reason infuriate me so much. What they do is unnecessary. They deserved being put in their place. Hopefully that guy will be let off with a warning, if any action is taken at all.

ReputationRep:
    I would have followed them home, found out where they live, then when they're walking back to school the next morning I would have got me and my mate to follow one in his white transit van, and when no ones about, put on our ski masks and rush one and throw him into the van. Then we would take him out to a deserted industrial estate and slowly torture him using instruments in my mate's van and film it. We would dispose of the body in a skip then go for the second one.

This time we will show him a video of what happened to his mate just to see his reaction. Then we will torture him slowly and laugh manically whilst doing it That's just me personally.

ReputationRep:
    Meh it happens all the time in Birmingham, buses are public transport and therefore just tend to attract trouble...

A) The guy was right to intervene and someone should always try to intervene just saddens me when heroes die because of it when the yobs attack back, yobs no matter what colour need a good right slapping...
    B) The guy probably will have some backlash due to PC gone mad but that's a whole different problem for society...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    I would have followed them home, found out where they live, then when they're walking back to school the next morning I would have got me and my mate to follow one in his white transit van, and when no ones about, put on our ski masks and rush one and throw him into the van. Then we would take him out to a deserted industrial estate and slowly torture him using instruments in my mate's van and film it. We would dispose of the body in a skip then go for the second one.

This time we will show him a video of what happened to his mate just to see his reaction. Then we will torture him slowly and laugh manically whilst doing it That's just me personally.
    You for hire?

I have a few "delicate" situations for you ...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by theths)
    basically, human beings are selfish c***s

if that guy does get into trouble, there's your reason why
    no good deed goes unpunished

out of interest, was the guy who got involved white or asian?
    Wicked the musical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCM89)
    Because you were afraid of being duffed up by a 12 year old :yep:
    Actually, not at all - but I know an internet tough guy when I see one. I'll steer well clear of you eh.

It was actually logic that stopped me, and I feel bad for that, but that's how humans seem to work.

ReputationRep:
    I blame their parents.

ReputationRep:
    Knowing me, I probably would've said something. It's happened to me before, and I've always stood up for myself and whoever it happens to. She was just a small kid too, it would've made me more angry lol.
    Saying that, I wouldn't resort to swearing or physical contact. Don't reduce yourself to their level.

ReputationRep:
    Those kids have got what is coming to them. Basically they are oblivious to the fact that everybody in the bus is looking down upon them because of their racist taunts. Their intelligence is lacking. They laugh and mock but really: Who in the end has the ultimate damage done against them? Those two boys can stand tall and see themselves as big but really they are only small because they have not learnt respect. They will soon go out to the real world and probably suffer.

In the situation it really isn't as bad as it seems. It is only after the situation we ask why we didn't do something. It is like leaving someone who you haven't met for a long time. When you have left them you ask yourself: Why didn't I do that with them when we had so much free time together?

ReputationRep:
    My Pakistani friend used to get stick from some ***** at our school. I told them to stfu, and they nearly always did. But when strangers are involved, I'd guess many people would be hesitant to involve themselves. The instigators could have knives for all you know. I applaud the guy who dealt with them, though.

Racists are nearly always inbred morons... you would have thought that natural selection would have dealt with the dumb ***** by now, but unfortunately not.

ReputationRep:
    - Why did NOBODY (Including myself) on the bus intervene sooner?
    You were waiting for them to intervene, as everybody else was waiting for someone else to intervene. I think that effect has a name, if i remember correctly there was a rather prolific case concerning some unfortunate events in public a year or two back. Don't feel bad, we're just programmed to be stupid in situations like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basketofsnakes)
    lol. btw is it just me or this is a troll? I remember seeing a very similar thread yesterday...some messed up **** happens in a bus, some grandma fell down, I didn't help her, no one else did, now I feel like an a$s

ReputationRep:
    I think its the fact that there are so many peopel there

people expect others to stand up or dont want to do it themselves incase they embarass themselves

sometimes these things can be better off coming from an older person - esp this type of situation

Actually, not at all - but I know an internet tough guy when I see one. I'll steer well clear of you eh.
    I'm not tough and I recognise cowardice in myself as well others.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.