Turn on thread page Beta

An uncomfortable situation on the bus toay - What would you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCM89)
    I'm not tough and I recognise cowardice in myself as well others.
    He wasn't being a coward I'm sure, it's called the Bystander effect (more people around) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect
    Most people would've done the same in his situation.

ReputationRep:
    - Why were these kids so bigoted at their age?
    Terrible parenting.

- Why did NOBODY (Including myself) on the bus intervene sooner?
    Bystander effect, as was mentioned above.

- Why did I say to myself "Say something" but couldn't?
    Fear?

- That man could get into some DEEP **** for defending what was right (He did "attack" him). Is that right?
    I personally think that guy was right to do what he did. Those kids were being ***** and someone needed to tell them off, good on him.

I would probably have been the same as you in that situation, I think most people would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunnyBoy)
    Another option would've been to take out your phone and video them, and then go up to them and say "hey, if you guys carry on I'm gonna record all this and call the police, and then I'm gonna put it on the internet" and just point the camera at them. I think that would have made them hesitate a bit more.
    What and get your phone nicked?

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe OP, you just didn't want to get involved.

You didn't start it, you didn't partake of it, you didn't ask for it to happen so what?

Those kids racism is their own.

Saying that I'd get involved if it turned to physical abuse, and at least one could tell the kids to shut up, but really retards are a fact of life and most people don't have the energy to be a have-a-go hero every time someone's feelings are a bit hurt or someone is a bit of a ****.

ReputationRep:
    What a poor girl!

Hesitating and fear of getting involved.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge, you better behave immediately if it happens again. (It will happen because racism is still existed and can't lie dormant.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sid-sy)
    What a poor girl!

Hesitating and fear of getting involved.

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge, you better behave immediately if it happens again. (It will happen because racism is still existed and can't lie dormant.)

ReputationRep:
    Bystander effect

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.