Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    obviously you can't tell if anyones gay unless they come out or are so obviously gay... but read.

he's not metro at all or camp so i dont think this because of that... it's just he's really hot, funny, nice, kind and confidant and hs never had a g/f, never asked a girl out and he's 18 and could honestly have pretty much any girl he wants. he never looks at girls breasts/bodies or anything and at college there's a lot of that on show esepcially from the new lot who've just discovered not having to wear school uniform. and he treats most girls the same, nice, friendly.. but never gets too close.. like he's friends with girls but doesn't have a best friend who is a girl. once i was telling him about these guys i'm friends with (our families are friends) who were coming over for x-mas.. and he asked me "are they fit?".. also finally we were at a party and everyone had been drinking and this guy took his phone and changed his "interested in" bit on facebook to male and female and about 1 month after when he realised he kept asking us for reassurance that no one thought he was bi.

i know it's not much info, there are other things but if he was reading this he would now straight away it was him if i put them it'd be way too coincidental.

EDIT - OH but he does say things like "she's hot" about girls but only really if his guy mates say something along the same lines first.

ReputationRep:
    Gayer than a musical called gay.

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely gay.
    Pm me if you need a replacement

ReputationRep:
    take a photo of yourself in knickers. print out on computer. write underneath "are you gay?" then say "if you're not please write back and post under *leave your address*". post under his door

if he's a shy guy you're interested in that's the perfect way to get to know him. plus he gets to **** furiously prior to actually meeting you so their shouldn't be any of those awkward stiffies when you introduce him to your friends.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Maybe he's insecure? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    obviously you can't tell if anyones gay unless they come out or are so obviously gay... but read.

he's not metro at all or camp so i dont think this because of that... it's just he's really hot, funny, nice, kind and confidant and hs never had a g/f, never asked a girl out and he's 18 and could honestly have pretty much any girl he wants. he never looks at girls breasts/bodies or anything and at college there's a lot of that on show esepcially from the new lot who've just discovered not having to wear school uniform. and he treats most girls the same, nice, friendly.. but never gets too close.. like he's friends with girls but doesn't have a best friend who is a girl. once i was telling him about these guys i'm friends with (our families are friends) who were coming over for x-mas.. and he asked me "are they fit?".. also finally we were at a party and everyone had been drinking and this guy took his phone and changed his "interested in" bit on facebook to male and female and about 1 month after when he realised he kept asking us for reassurance that no one thought he was bi.

i know it's not much info, there are other things but if he was reading this he would now straight away it was him if i put them it'd be way too coincidental.
    It is possible that he is gay! definitely but you never know I guess.

ReputationRep:
    he's probably just not interested in you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    take a photo of yourself in knickers. print out on computer. write underneath "are you gay?" then say "if you're not please write back and post under *leave your address*". post under his door

if he's a shy guy you're interested in that's the perfect way to get to know him. plus he gets to **** furiously prior to actually meeting you so their shouldn't be any of those awkward stiffies when you introduce him to your friends.
    lol.. yeah.. that's totally going to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim.gordon)
    he's probably just not interested in you.
    it's not me... it's ANY girl.

ReputationRep:
    it's not me... it's ANY girl.
    yea, most girls are a bit **** though

ReputationRep:

EDIT - OH but he does say things like "she's hot" about girls
    everything about that post apart from the ridiculously gay question "are they fit?", the party and the facebook bits is true for me; i'm straight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim.gordon)
    yea, most girls are a bit **** though

you're a girl..

ReputationRep:
    tbh I don't think he is...not every single male you see looks at girls bodies as if they are some sort of plate of jelly or something. He probably just respects girls for who they are and understands that a girl is more than just a visual specimen. Although let's not forget visuals are important. ^^

ReputationRep:
    The only way to know is to ask him without sounding like you're trying to offend him.

You can never trust your 'gaydar'. Don't assume that anyone is gay.

ReputationRep:
    you're a girl..
    i'm one of the good ones.

I'm at the same uni as this guy and he sounds pretty much the same as the guy described in the OP. On his fb, he left his "interested in" blank... I think he's straight but I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    The only way to know is to ask him without sounding like you're trying to offend him.

You can never trust your 'gaydar'. Don't assume that anyone is gay.
    Key word.
    Straight people have **** gaydar.
    To answer OP: Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    you could try asking him what his favourite song from cabaret is?

ReputationRep:
    He is either very very very very very gay, or just not good with girls.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.