Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Shall be an interesting watch (if I get around to it) to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    I never watch trailers before the movie if I can help it, it's bad enough having to wait for months/years for movies to come out and seeing the trailer'll just make me even more impatient

(Original post by cz100)
    I never watch trailers before the movie if I can help it, it's bad enough having to wait for months/years for movies to come out and seeing the trailer'll just make me even more impatient
    I agree to an extent but there are certain movies which warrant a viewing of their trailers. LOTR, Inception and the like. I have a habit of watching these trailers over and over again (even after the movie has come out) :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I agree to an extent but there are certain movies which warrant a viewing of their trailers. LOTR, Inception and the like. I have a habit of watching these trailers over and over again (even after the movie has come out) :sigh:
    I think the only trailers I ever see are the ones played before actual movies in the cinema and a few which have adverts on TV.

ReputationRep:
    Retro-fitted 3D. It's going to look terrible.

It's got pretty much the same budget as Tron: Legacy has, and yet I can guarantee that Tron will look many, many times better.

ReputationRep:
    I Can't Wait!

ReputationRep:
    Watched it a couple of hours ago, I really liked it so I hope the rest of the film impresses. Looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Retro-fitted 3D. It's going to look terrible.
    D'you mean it was converted to 3D afterwards and not shot in 3D?
    I've only seen one 3D film and that was Toy Story 3.
    So not sure of the difference yet.

I've never seen a 3D film. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I was never a fan out of the films because the books vastly outshone them and they weren't usually portrayed that greatly in the films imo (not saying the films are bad though). I know cuts and stuff were necessary otherwise each film would be like 10 hours long if everything in the books were included, but they messed around with it too much in my opinion. But the trailer actually looks good.

ReputationRep:
    They do look as if they are going to be good!

Not really since the last one was a pile of dog ****.

ReputationRep:
    can't wait for the film. :yep: its been so long since the sixth movie now and twilight has gained so much popularity totally eclipsing Harry Potter. no pun intended.:p: I hope it lives up to people's high expectations to be the best movie of the series.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the good old days of waiting until the trailer was on tv? ='[

ReputationRep:
    aargh can already see it being untrue to the book, so much anger, even though it'll probably be an amazing film in it's own right. wish i wasn't so anal about these things :|

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know around where in the book the first film stops at?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, rewatching that trailer again, does anyone else get the feeling it wants to be Lord Of the Rings? The wizard tumbling to his death, the marching over the mountains to a suitably epic score, the fight in the words (just replace wands with Boromir)...

The main difference will sadly be that there were no weak acting links in the LotR films.

(Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    D'you mean it was converted to 3D afterwards and not shot in 3D?
    I've only seen one 3D film and that was Toy Story 3.
    So not sure of the difference yet.
    Yeah, it was shot entirely in 2D and then in post-production they convert it. Not only does this not produce as realistic images as shooting it would, the techniques they have to use also darken the image considerably, which obviously detracts from the film somewhat.

If you watch something in 3D that has been shot in it, such as Avatar or Tron, and then watch something where the studio has just tacked it on afterwards to charge an extra £2 a ticket (such as the plethora of faux-3D films out there at the minute, which are doing their best to kill the technology) the difference is embarrassing. It's really quite annoying that Harry Potter are doing this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    haha so true i must have watched this 20 times now

still makes me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledoor dies. And that's an end of it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.