Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    I loved it. It certainly wasn't flawless, but I thought it was a very fitting final movie.

The Prince's Tale? Killed me. I was literally SOBBING and couldn't stop shaking and crying my eyes out for the rest of the film. Good lord, Alan Rickman. Utter brilliance.

ReputationRep:
    The "Leaving Hogwarts" music has been stuck in my head since I saw the movie two days ago. As if it's not already depressing enough :\

ReputationRep:
    Saw part 1 last night and watched part 2 today! It was so good! Definitely my favourite in the series!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Snape and Fred's death was so sad! :sad: The stuff looking back into Snape's past was perfect. I always loved that part in the book. :love:
    The first time Voldermort spoke to everyone at Hogwarts gave me goosebumps!
    I'm so glad the 19 years later part wasn't as cringe worthy as I thought it would be!

Can't believe its all over. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm crying with laughter at
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Voldemort's laugh. Someone put it on Tumblr. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I found most of the end part not as good as it could have been.

The scene in the Great Hall where Pansy points out Harry, and all the houses one by one turn to defend him was so good in the book. And in the film - Ginny and a few DA members.

Harry not just falling out of Hagrid's arms and running off into the castle - but casting a Shield charm between Voldemort and Molly Weasley after she's killed Bellatrix. And the consequent circling - everyone knows Snape was on the good side the whole time, everyone sees Voldemort die, lots and lots of celebration. I was really disappointed there was no cheering or anything after Voldemort turned to dust.

The King's Cross scene was disappointing in the extreme. Ok so it's suddenly not about Hallows AT ALL (never mind that it's called HP and the Deathly Hallows), but you can't even let Dumbledore explain why Harry isn't actually going to die?

*Sigh* I liked the film overall, but felt that after the book the ending was a bit of an anti-climax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duracell)
    I found most of the end part not as good as it could have been.

The scene in the Great Hall where Pansy points out Harry, and all the houses one by one turn to defend him was so good in the book. And in the film - Ginny and a few DA members.

Harry not just falling out of Hagrid's arms and running off into the castle - but casting a Shield charm between Voldemort and Molly Weasley after she's killed Bellatrix. And the consequent circling - everyone knows Snape was on the good side the whole time, everyone sees Voldemort die, lots and lots of celebration. I was really disappointed there was no cheering or anything after Voldemort turned to dust.

The King's Cross scene was disappointing in the extreme. Ok so it's suddenly not about Hallows AT ALL (never mind that it's called HP and the Deathly Hallows), but you can't even let Dumbledore explain why Harry isn't actually going to die?

*Sigh* I liked the film overall, but felt that after the book the ending was a bit of an anti-climax.
    This, totally this. I really, really wanted the last film to be identical to the book, because some of the scenes were just so good. For example, all of the ones you have mentioned were amongst the best-the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort was the one that, more than any, I didn't want to be edited, but they just went and raped it. And that ridiculous jumping-over-the-edge-holding-each-others-face bit-why? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    No, I don't mean when he uses Expelliarmus, as I believe I read somewhere that the killing spell will be stopped if another spell hits it. I'm referring to when Voldemort is bombarding him with nonverbal killing curses and Harry is blocking it with shield charms, which according to the books is impossible.
    Exactly. Goblet of Fire, Mad-Eye Moody says, "There's no stopping it. There's no counter-curse". I would've thought that made it plain that you couldn't block it. Yes, I care about those small details because, rather than enjoying a good film, all I could think for so much of the film was 'that's not what happens in the book'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritGirl)
    How come?
    i watched it in 3D, i liked it.

its not over the top 3D, but still good.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Seeing it in a packed cinema was a bad idea - the audience were so noisy and it's hard to get really in to a film with that level of noise. The woman sitting right next to me annoyed the whole cinema by shrieking with laughter any time something scary, funny or sad happened which was followed by about 10 people telling her to shut up. Immediately after it had finished, I was prepared for everyone to turn on her but luckily she left pretty quickly!

I liked the film but I think I need to see it again to appreciate how good it is.

ReputationRep:
    Harry potter theme!

ReputationRep:
    harry potter theme <3
    going to see the movie tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritGirl)
    How come?
    It just looks darker!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitarsam11)
    Harry potter theme!

That's pretty good, I'm guessing you did it yourself judging by your name!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if it's been brought up, but the whole Dumbledore backstory being pretty much ignored made my blood boil. Especially as they went to all the trouble in Deathly Hallows pt 1 of mentioning his dad killing three muggle boys, and the book, and Aberforth and Ariana... then nothing. No explanation whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strifelight)
    The only parts I'm gutted about is that we didn't get any proper death scenes from the order of the pheonix! Where was Fred's, Lupin's and Tonk's deaths?! D:
    Apparantley they shot Fred being cornered by laodsa Death Eaters who just shot him with loads of spells - but cut it due to timing restraints. Just seeing Fred's body had me tearing up anyway. I loved Fred.

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the harry potter for the first time today, it was the first movie. My verdict, it was a bit "meh".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    I just watched the harry potter for the first time today, it was the first movie. My verdict, it was a bit &quot;meh&quot;.
    Whaddya mean first movie.

(Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    Apparantley they shot Fred being cornered by laodsa Death Eaters who just shot him with loads of spells - but cut it due to timing restraints. Just seeing Fred's body had me tearing up anyway. I loved Fred.

None of George's missing ear either.

ReputationRep:
    GEORGE STILL HAD BOTH EARS!

Sorry that bugged me so much! And Harry/Voldemort did three priori incantatum thingys! and no circling, and harry didnt give voldie chance for remorse! And then he spoke to lupin saying he was sorry for his son, when it wasnt ever mentioned that tonks was even pregnant!
    I could go on...
    However i liked that i could sit there and recite bits from the book into direct quotes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    Don't know if it's been brought up, but the whole Dumbledore backstory being pretty much ignored made my blood boil. Especially as they went to all the trouble in Deathly Hallows pt 1 of mentioning his dad killing three muggle boys, and the book, and Aberforth and Ariana... then nothing. No explanation whatsoever.
    Yes! This p'ed me off sooo much! Especially when Harry was like "i dont care what happened between you and your brother" i was like what?! You had a real issue with this in the book because you didnt know Albus properly and eeughhh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Persia I)
    Whaddya mean first movie.

None of George's missing ear either.
    The first harry potter movie, the philosophers stone. It was the first time i've seen harry potter.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.