Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    I think this was my favourite film out of the 8, probably because it was the only one I went into taking it as a separate thing from the books so I didn't really care that so much was changed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummm)
    The only thing I really missed was the whole conversation Harry and Voldemort were supposed to have before they duel, in front of the rest of the school - you know, the whole "Have some remorse Riddle" bit.
    I would have liked that as well. And the explanation about Lily's blood.
    I don't think the film made it clear that the only reason Harry survived was because Snape begged Voldemort to spare Lily?

Anyway. I loved the film!

Just watched it in 2d at the cinema with my brother was gooooooood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummm)
    The only thing I really missed was the whole conversation Harry and Voldemort were supposed to have before they duel, in front of the rest of the school - you know, the whole "Have some remorse Riddle" bit.
    This. This is what upset me the most. That and the bit in Limbo, I didn't like that one bit-although I was very impressed with how they brought the ugly-child-Voldemort to life, very vivid.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I really liked part 2, but personally I think part 1 was better. However, the final battle was brilliant though

ReputationRep:
    A few minor quibbles with the film- Neville kills Nagini in front of Voldemort in the book! And why they moved the conversation between Harry and the Dark Lord to them standing on a tower which they then jumped off, extremely silly, is beyond me! But saying that, I still thought it was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    This. This is what upset me the most. That and the bit in Limbo, I didn't like that one bit-although I was very impressed with how they brought the ugly-child-Voldemort to life, very vivid.
    I also loved the scene where Lilly was talking to Harry in his cot, saying "Mummy loves you Harry, Daddy loves you..." Soooo cute. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    Good spot on that moment; I certainly hadn't picked up on it.

Though, I have to say, Hermione's face in that GIF looks like she's, er, 'enjoying herself' :mmm:
    Haha I didn't think that at first, but now you mention it...
    Oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    This soundtrack gave me goosebumps throughout, and pretty summed up the entire purpose of the whole series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rjHI..._order&list=UL

What would my childhood be without Harry Potter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    I don't think the film made it clear that the only reason Harry survived was because Snape begged Voldemort to spare Lily?
    Please explain this to me! I thought Harry survived because she tried to protect him when Voldy went to kill Harry to fulfil what he thought was a prophecy about him? I thought that Snape had begged Voldemort to save the whole family in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlehobbit)
    Please explain this to me! I thought Harry survived because she tried to protect him when Voldy went to kill Harry to fulfil what he thought was a prophecy about him? I thought that Snape had begged Voldemort to save the whole family in general?
    Snape only begged Voldemort to spare Lily and Voldemort agreed. Voldemort was going to kill Harry anyway, and it would have been rather pointless of Snape to beg Voldemort to spare him and James. Lily was the only person
    he could ask to be spared (without raising suspicion). But Lily sacrificed herself for her son when she had the choice to live. That's what made all the difference,
    and the reason the curse rebounded.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Haha, well they look obviously older to me. And wizards and witches age slower than muggles, and live longer (Dumbledore was 116 when he died). Some are even close to 150.
    Anyway. I'm happy with they way they looked. They were only in their mid 30's, and they look noticeably older.
    Oh I was happy with how they looked...apart from still don't understand why their noses had to expand... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Thought the film was very very good, deffinately the best Harry Potter movie, I am sad it's all over now The whole prince's tale thing was brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else tear up when they hear lily's theme? or am I just an over-emotional idiot haha :P
    seriously, every time I go to listen, by the end, tears are rolling down my cheeks!
    it just reminds me of Snape
    4 days after and I'm still as depressed that it's all over.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed this film soooo much, it was just pure entertainment. I do think doing a HP marathon with my friend did get me slightly more excited. For some reason I just think Professor Mcgonagall is amazing!

I didn't read the last book so could someone explain a couple of things I didn't quite grasp?

1)Why didn't harry die?
    2) What did Draco's mum say Harry?

ReputationRep:
    anybody else?

ReputationRep:
    All the people that has seen Part 2, I hate you all! But, I'm seeing it in IMAX 3D on Saturday!

(Original post by AspiringGenius)
    One thing about the films is they left out Peeves. His misbehaviour and naughty tricks in the books always make me lol.

I was pal so looking forward to his "Voldy gone mouldy" chant but...

It was a very good film though ^_^
    By far one of my favourite characters in HP.

Shame they never depicted him in any of the films.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Oh I was happy with how they looked...apart from still don't understand why their noses had to expand... :lolwut:
    At least they still had a nose. I always felt a bit sorry for Voldy and his lack of a nose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom Boom Pow)
    If Draco's still alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boom Boom Pow)
    I enjoyed this film soooo much, it was just pure entertainment. I do think doing a HP marathon with my friend did get me slightly more excited. For some reason I just think Professor Mcgonagall is amazing!

I didn't read the last book so could someone explain a couple of things I didn't quite grasp?

1)Why didn't harry die?
    1. Voldemort took Lily's protection (when he took Harry's blood in GOF) so whilst he was alive Harry could not die, it was Voldemort's horcrux that died and in limbo (with Dumbledore) Harry had the choice (or did he? it's in your head... etc.). Some people say it was because Harry was in possession of all 3 Hallows but I thought the point was that they were more of a legend than anything else.
    2. 'Is Draco still alive?' or similar.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.