Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    I watched it and I have now developed a new found appreciation for Philosopher's Stone. It's so cute, they've all grown up so much! I was slightly disappointed at the lack of Harry on lucky potion though

ReputationRep:
    wow that program was really good! just re-confirmed my post potter depression haha. even more so at the end when it showed how they were really young and now much older.

it definitely has made a huge impact over the last 10-20 years!!

it's weird i wasnt really that sad when then books ended because i knew there were movies left. now its just depressing.

I missed the program that you guys are talking about. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    you can probably catch it on ITV Player...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Just checked and it's not on itv player but I'm sure they will repeat it, probs on itv2.

I didn't think it was that exciting really I liked listening to the cast and watching some of the moments again but some of them were a bit meh. And there was too much Rowling - she didn't really say a lot but seemed to be on the screen a fair bit.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Draco Malfoy was so tanned on it... I was like :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I noticed that but he's the same in the advert for his new film (the creepy one with the monkeys).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    Just checked and it's not on itv player but I'm sure they will repeat it, probs on itv2.

I didn't think it was that exciting really I liked listening to the cast and watching some of the moments again but some of them were a bit meh. And there was too much Rowling - she didn't really say a lot but seemed to be on the screen a fair bit.
    and so much will young. lol. what was that all about? ....

most of the scenes i thought would be in it were but like someone said above, the bits where harry was using 'liquid luck' were hilarious and they weren't on it unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I noticed that but he's the same in the advert for his new film (the creepy one with the monkeys).
    That's possibly the best film description I have ever heard lol

Edit: wtf! Someone negged this? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The 50 greatest moments is not working on ITV player :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anil10100)
    I watched it as well, Harry Potter has genuinely made our generation better people, and some people (the guy from the only way is essex) on the show, did not do the series justice at all.
    Yeah that guy was stupid.

And I now have greater appreciation for the Seven Potters Scene.

ReputationRep:
    Snape's murder by Voldemort represents that no matter how loyal you are to him, or what Voldemort thought, he will betray you for his own, selfish gains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    Snape's murder by Voldemort represents that no matter how loyal you are to him, or what Voldemort thought, he will betray you for his own, selfish gains.
    well done...

ReputationRep:
    I saw two Harrison Ford references in this film.

Spoiler:
    Show
    After Neville blows up the bridge he climbs up and over the edge, like Harrison Ford, while forcing a magical object safely up (a wand in the film, in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom it was a stone)
    Ron runs madly round a corner in the room of requirement, then yells as he runs back chased by opposition. This occurred, once again by Harrison Ford, in Star Wars episode IV: A New Hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snagprophet)
    I saw two Harrison Ford references in this film.

Spoiler:
    Show
    After Neville blows up the bridge he climbs up and over the edge, like Harrison Ford, while forcing a magical object safely up (a wand in the film, in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom it was a stone)
    Ron runs madly round a corner in the room of requirement, then yells as he runs back chased by opposition. This occurred, once again by Harrison Ford, in Star Wars episode IV: A New Hope
    good spots. both powerful scenes.

they're now neville and ron's scenes though. harrison who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK-mar)
    and so much will young. lol. what was that all about? ....
    I know! Better than Harry off The Only Way in Essex though...

ReputationRep:
    I know! Better than Harry off The Only Way in Essex though...
    true. he was an absolute fag. although i genuinely laughed at him when he said ' I mean, uh i liiike will shop at lakesiiide shoppin centahh in essixx, but they liike shop at liike diagon alleyy dont theyy'

the above spelt phonetically of course.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The 50 Greatest Moments made me cry out of pride, was like reliving my childhood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    The 50 Greatest Moments made me cry out of pride, was like reliving my childhood!
    It was quite good but some things were a bit questionable. For example, who gives a flying **** what Liz from Atomic Kitten and an orange guy from the Only Way is Essex think? :lolwut: and there was no Snape at all. NONE. You can't compile a 50 greatest film moments list and then leave out Alan Rickman as Snape, ffs. That was a complete injustice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    It was quite good but some things were a bit questionable. For example, who gives a flying **** what Liz from Atomic Kitten and an orange guy from the Only Way is Essex think? :lolwut: and there was no Snape at all. NONE. You can't compile a 50 greatest film moments list and then leave out Alan Rickman as Snape, ffs. That was a complete injustice.
    im sure they showed him killing Dumbledore at some point. but yeah he was one of the best characters. but thinking about it, there aren't really that many top, exciting scenes with him in. However, he is a pinnacle character for the films so its kinda strange. and he features quite a bit in the last movie of which i'm sure some of those scenes would have made it into the 50. like the story about his life...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.