Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK-mar)
    im sure they showed him killing Dumbledore at some point. but yeah he was one of the best characters. but thinking about it, there aren't really that many top, exciting scenes with him in. However, he is a pinnacle character for the films so its kinda strange. and he features quite a bit in the last movie of which i'm sure some of those scenes would have made it into the 50. like the story about his life...
    Yeah but that moment was 'Dumbledore's death' more than anything else. They obviously couldn't have shown anything from the last film but there are some brilliant earlier Snape moments, like the first ever potions lesson and when he pwns Lockhart at duelling and when Harry accesses his mind during Occlumency lessons... there are loads. I couldn't understand why they left him out, especially considering how amazingly Alan Rickman's played the role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    It was quite good but some things were a bit questionable. For example, who gives a flying **** what Liz from Atomic Kitten and an orange guy from the Only Way is Essex think? :lolwut: and there was no Snape at all. NONE. You can't compile a 50 greatest film moments list and then leave out Alan Rickman as Snape, ffs. That was a complete injustice.
    sooo true i said the same thing, as i was expecting the no1 to be snape, and it was the opening scene so my face was like wtf??:eek:

and maybe they didn't want to spoil it for others who haven't watched the film in the cinema, so they couldn't mention all the stuff that happened in part 2 in which he had the best part ever!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but that moment was 'Dumbledore's death' more than anything else. They obviously couldn't have shown anything from the last film but there are some brilliant earlier Snape moments, like the first ever potions lesson and when he pwns Lockhart at duelling and when Harry accesses his mind during Occlumency lessons... there are loads. I couldn't understand why they left him out, especially considering how amazingly Alan Rickman's played the role.
    Agree with all of this, he is the best character! There are also a few comedy moments, like when he hits Ron and Harry's heads because they're talking. And especially with the last film, even if you weren't a Snape fan, you cannot deny his importance to the story/Rickman's fab acting!

ReputationRep:
    ok true true. yeah i forgot about the occlumency lessons. those were good scenes. oh and yeah the scene when he almost catches harry in the invisibility cloak in the first movie. that was pretty suspenseful haha.

ReputationRep:
    They should do a Top 50 moments, but using the books instead. So many immense little moments that were (mostly understandably) left out. For example, when Carrow spits in McGonagall's face in Deathly Hallows and Harry goes ape s**t. Amazing, would have been epic in the film. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    i watched it too, and like you guys was gutted that they included NO snape scenes! there are loads they could have used as described above. i thought they would at least show the one where he smacks Ron and Harry over the head when they're talking!
    ah well...it was still a good programme and succeeded in making me relapse into post potter depression again :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    They should do a Top 50 moments, but using the books instead. So many immense little moments that were (mostly understandably) left out. For example, when Carrow spits in McGonagall's face in Deathly Hallows and Harry goes ape s**t. Amazing, would have been epic in the film.:sogood:
    Strangely, the spitting in an elderly person's face comment you made really makes me want to read through the book again

There are so many things in the books that aren't included in the film for some inexplicable reason I think that anybody who has watched the films and enjoyed them should at least have a go at the books, just to see how the compare.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was really looking forward to the part in Deathly Hallows when Voldemort duels Mcgonagall, Shacklebolt and Slughorn, and Bellatrix is by his side dueling Hermione, Luna and Ginny :sogood: The bit where Molly jumps in and battles Bellatrix to the death single handedly, with the earth cracking at their feet is immense :coma:

The movie doesn't do it justice :nah:

I really wanted to see Mcgonagall commanding an army of charmed desks and chairs after the Death Eaters as well.

I've decided that I'm going to read through all the books again. You've convinced me.

TO THE BOOKSHELF!
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I still maintain that the Weasley is Our King song would have been an easy and hilarious addition to the films. And S.P.E.W! Peeves as well, I can't believe he was left out of every single film. And the part in The Half-Blood Prince when Harry tries to convince Snape that Ron's potions book is actually his so he doesn't have to give the HBP copy back and Snape's like "...then why does it say 'Roonil Wazlib' on the inside cover" :teehee: they left out loads of funny bits.

The part where Harry gets really angry after McGonagall's spat on should definitely have been in the last film as well.

I'd read them all again without hesitation but my English degree doesn't allow me the time

ReputationRep:
    And the part in The Half-Blood Prince when Harry tries to convince Snape that Ron's potions book is actually his so he doesn't have to give the HBP copy back and Snape's like "...then why does it say 'Roonil Wazlib' on the inside cover" :teehee:
    This is especially annoying as they changed the scene to involve more Ginny! She is rubbish, I hate all of the grimaces and meaningful glances she does :mad: That was basically her contribution to this scene.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    And also because they let ginny hide the hbp potion book, it was ridiculous for harry to have found the diadem so quickly, he hadn't even been to ravenclaw tower to see what the diadem was supposed to look like...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Liam_G)

I've decided that I'm going to read through all the books again. You've convinced me.

TO THE BOOKSHELF!
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misskatie7)
    sooo true i said the same thing, as i was expecting the no1 to be snape, and it was the opening scene so my face was like wtf??:eek:

and maybe they didn't want to spoil it for others who haven't watched the film in the cinema, so they couldn't mention all the stuff that happened in part 2 in which he had the best part ever!
    Snape is probably my all time fave character. Watching the 50 greatest moments avidly expecting to see him at No1, and then getting the opening scene, I was heartbroken

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    And also because they let ginny hide the hbp potion book, it was ridiculous for harry to have found the diadem so quickly, he hadn't even been to ravenclaw tower to see what the diadem was supposed to look like...
    They had a line in the film that covered this.

(Original post by Snagprophet)
    I saw two Harrison Ford references in this film.

Spoiler:
    Show
    After Neville blows up the bridge he climbs up and over the edge, like Harrison Ford, while forcing a magical object safely up (a wand in the film, in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom it was a stone)
    Ron runs madly round a corner in the room of requirement, then yells as he runs back chased by opposition. This occurred, once again by Harrison Ford, in Star Wars episode IV: A New Hope
    Nice spots. Shows you how iconic those moments are as when it initially happened in the HP film, you could pretty much guess how it would play out.

ReputationRep:
    The part where Harry gets really angry after McGonagall's spat on should definitely have been in the last film as well.
    Could you imagine having to be the person that spits on Dame Maggie Smith? I'd never be able to look at her again. Or live with myself tbh. :lolwut:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    They had a line in the film that covered this.
    Yes but I still think it works better with memories. Mind you, don't think any of the memory based things in the film were great :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I agree to an extent but there are certain movies which warrant a viewing of their trailers. LOTR, Inception and the like. I have a habit of watching these trailers over and over again (even after the movie has come out) :sigh:
    Inception music - Mind heist goes with Any trailer (action) you can find. If you can find one which doesn't, then god damn you watch a lot of trailers ahahha

This is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT-fx...el_video_title

Although on that vid, I think youtube mucked the timings a bit.. it can flow better than that

ReputationRep:
    This made me laugh SO MUCH.

ReputationRep:
    I agree to an extent but there are certain movies which warrant a viewing of their trailers. LOTR, Inception and the like. I have a habit of watching these trailers over and over again (even after the movie has come out) :sigh:
    The Dark Knight is the most guilty of this for me lol. The viral campaign was so perfectly done haha. Not to mention I've watched the actual film 8-9 times lol

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen the film and sorry theists but I'm going to come out and say it. In 1000 years time, when history has been distorted and time has moved on, people will worship these books and commemorate the life of Harry Potter. It is the same as the Bible, the hope, the passion, the commitment to doing what is right no matter what you are told to believe. It is my Bible!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.