Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August."

I'm tempted to stay up just to see what the clue is....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hravan)
    "the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August."

I'm tempted to stay up just to see what the clue is....
    I'm staying up. I've been off work all week so I've seen all the clues so far, don't want to miss the last one .

I hope they don't take too long sending out welcome emails though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debbie2709)
    I'm staying up. I've been off work all week so I've seen all the clues so far, don't want to miss the last one .

I hope they don't take too long sending out welcome emails though.
    I don't know what the clue for yesterday was (book 5). Do you know?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what the clue for yesterday was (book 5). Do you know?
    I don't remember what you had to multiply it by (maybe 21?) but the clue was what number in Grimmauld Place was the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix

EDIT: yeah it was 21

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember what you had to multiply it by (maybe 21?) but the clue was what number in Grimmauld Place was the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix

EDIT: yeah it was 21
    Thanks.

You should have seen me with the Half-Blood Prince clue.... I was there panicking because I couldn't find my copy and then I remembered that I use my HBP and DH hardbacks as a laptop stand when I'm on my bed... Even worse.. I normally use GoF and OotP but I specifically used HBP and DH this time so I would have HBP close by...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

You should have seen me with the Half-Blood Prince clue.... I was there panicking because I couldn't find my copy and then I remembered that I use my HBP and DH hardbacks as a laptop stand when I'm on my bed... Even worse.. I normally use GoF and OotP but I specifically used HBP and DH this time so I would have HBP close by...
    :giggle:
    Sounds like me the first few days! I couldn't be bothered getting up when the HBP clue came up so I just googled it.

DH is up now, very easy again as suspected

ReputationRep:
    I knew the answer would be

Spoiler:
    Show
    21. Ever since I realised that the numbers were going down by 7 each time. Only I thought the question would be something like "How many members are in the trio" or something :') Deathly Hallows came out on 21/07/07 so I think it's a nice little thing for that.

I'm hoping since I registered on day 1 that I'll be one of the first to get the welcome letter. I'VE WAITED A WEEK. So impatient.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is really bad but I just got on and made accounts for both my brothers. I can't believe it lasts as long as it does tbh, I thought it would be gone as soon as it was put up really. When I made mine it vanished a second after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    I know this is really bad but I just got on and made accounts for both my brothers. I can't believe it lasts as long as it does tbh, I thought it would be gone as soon as it was put up really. When I made mine it vanished a second after.
    I made an account for my best friend considering that he's been working all week so hasn't been able to register. (And is actually on a late shift tonight so won't get home until 2am and he has to be back at work at 10am.)
    So I made it for him using his details....

EDIT:

I do feel a bit guilty though.. I have a few accounts of my own as I made my first one with my yahoo email and then panicked because I remembered reading that people who signed up with a yahoo email didn't get the activation email... So I did another with with my gmail.. And then panicked because I didn't get an email for that one.. So made one with my hotmail...

And then all the activation emails for all my accounts turned up half an hour later.. And now I can't decide which username I like best..

And I also made another account for my friend because I only have his yahoo email so panicked with that and made one using one of my junk emails just so I would know if the activation email did come through..

I'm a bad person..

I will delete the excess accounts once I figure out which username I like best...

ReputationRep:
    I made an account for myself on the first day and then made another one for a friend two days later. I don't think the friend wants her account though so I'm not really sure if I should keep it (I used my own email address) or just delete it. . Would it be really bad to hold onto both of them until welcome letters are sent out?

ReputationRep:
    such an easy clue haha. I signed up just to get another username as my current one is stupid, however again, it didn't provide me with a good one D:

also can't believe it took me 5 days to catch pottermore, now every time I go on the site, I seem to have the clue page.

ReputationRep:
    I made an account for myself on the first day and then made another one for a friend two days later. I don't think the friend wants her account though so I'm not really sure if I should keep it (I used my own email address) or just delete it. . Would it be really bad to hold onto both of them until welcome letters are sent out?
    I am actually really, really tempted to do that with the extra accounts I have... They haven't said if it's people who registered on day 1 that will get access first or if it will be randomly selected...

I am a bad, bad person.. :sad: (TBF, I will probably delete the extra accounts once I've had all the usernames (I've forgotten them) emailed to each email address and then I can figure out which one I like most and delete the others.. :ahee: )

Just reading though the help section (don't ask why)...

"However, if your device does not support Flash (if it is an Apple device, for example) you can still enjoy all aspects of Pottermore with the exception of the Potions and Wizard’s Duel activities."

Potions?! Wizard's Duel?!

I am far too excited about this! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    such an easy clue haha. I signed up just to get another username as my current one is stupid, however again, it didn't provide me with a good one D:
    My first selection was rubbish but I had one fairly ok one and its grown on me a bit. I've had some really good choices when I've went through registration for a laugh since though; like BloodUnicorn, RoseSparks, SunStorm, SilverRook, QuaffleSparks and YewBat.

EDIT: The very best one I've seen though: SandWitch

I am far too excited about this!
    I'm really excited too but I'm a bit wary of letting my expectations get too high. I hope they strike a good balance between the reading experience and the fun&games part. I've already read the books so if they emphasize them too much I'll be slightly disappointed. Can't wait for sorting though
    I wish the clue would hurry up and be taken down though, I want to see what they're going to put up next!

ReputationRep:
    My first selection was rubbish but I had one fairly ok one and its grown on me a bit. I've had some really good choices when I've went through registration for a laugh since though; like BloodUnicorn, RoseSparks, SunStorm, SilverRook, QuaffleSparks and YewBat.

EDIT: The very best one I've seen though: SandWitch
    I want that!

The ones I have are MistUnicorn, MoonDust, YewSpell, HexSickle and ThornWolf...

And I don't know which one to keep

EDIT:

One I've just found... FeatherSeeker :lol:

SparksFloo.... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I want that!

The ones I have are MistUnicorn, MoonDust, YewSpell, HexSickle and ThornWolf...

And I don't know which one to keep
    I like MoonDust. ThornWolf reminds me of something but I'm not sure what exactly....:confused:

FeatherSeeker is quite good too

ReputationRep:
    ShadowNettle...

ReputationRep:
    NightFeather210 ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Dream Spell. I got on it on day 3... I quite enjoyed levitating the magical quill

ReputationRep:
    I've just got back into Harry Potter so haven't seen this one yet! I'm going to go soon though, but I've never watched at 3D film, so I'm not sure whether to watch this film in 2D or 3D...? What's difference and which (2D or 3D) do you recommend I watch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyMary)
    I've just got back into Harry Potter so haven't seen this one yet! I'm going to go soon though, but I've never watched at 3D film, so I'm not sure whether to watch this film in 2D or 3D...? What's difference and which (2D or 3D) do you recommend I watch?
    :eek: I've seen it in both and probably preferred 2D. Don't know if it was just my cinema but the beginning was really dark and a bit jittery in 3D. After that there wasn't much difference... though I did get a bit shocked when something came out of the screen lol, might have been dementors?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.