Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Still 7  \frac{1}{2} hours to wait. Got a email telling me to be there early, I wonder how busy it'll be.
    I got an e-mail too. Are you going to a Vue cinema?

ReputationRep:
    saw it this morning, quite enjoyable. it got a little slow at a few points, but i think this is the best one so far, it focusses much more on the mission, rather than the "school kids" stuff of previous movies/books. it plays out a lot more like an action/fantasy movie which i liked, it seemed like the other movies/books were really just the backstory to this. i don't like what's gone on with voldy's voice though, he sounded better in 4/5, seemed much more leering and aggressive back then. overall very good, the next part should be good too, although the slightly dodgy elements from the story could negatively affect part 2 more so than part 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Next Left)
    I got an e-mail too. Are you going to a Vue cinema?
    :hello: Hi

I am indeed going to a Vue cinema.

ReputationRep:
    Iv'e seen it

any thoughts on the film? post me here please....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1469607

ReputationRep:
    Must refrain from stalking this before I've seen the film

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was really good. Some people I know found it disappointing as well, but honestly it was amazing. Probably my favourite one so far.

I liked how there were still some funny parts in the film.

ReputationRep:
    Seen the first 35 mins, going to the cinema to see it all next week. Based on what I've seen things I didn't like:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ± No polyjuice for Harry at the Wedding, wtf that is needed.
    ± Didn't expand on Dumbledore's will and ask why he'd give them that stuff.
    ± Didn't mention the Deathly Hallows symbol on Luna's dads necklace

The last one is the worst as that's important, I can see a repeat of the Half Blood PRince where they don't even bother to mention most of what the film is about.

That's just some of the stuff, I've not mentioned the stuff which was missed out but had to be for time constraints. My last point is the worse as they are doing HBP again and skipping major important parts. Based on what I've seen so far it will be another **** film.

ReputationRep:
    The little things they missed out annoyed me because they could've easily included it, but compared to the others it did include a lot from the book, and I liked it.

ReputationRep:
    It was crap.
    Lots of uneeded ****.But the again even the book is stupid.
    Harry is like a friggin scyzophreniac.I also hate the deus ex machina bull****.
    THey always seem to get saved by someone or miraculously discover stuff.
    ****ty book,****ty movie.
    Also part 1 and 2? LOL money whores.
    80% of part 1 was useless generic stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Waiting till Orange Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    BRILLIANT! Oh christ, it was good.

ReputationRep:
    My friend said that they 'hardly' follow the book.

Is this true?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    My whole post is one big spoiler, so please only read if you don't mind knowing what they've changed etc.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was impressed at how good it was AS A FILM!

And it kinda semi stuck to the book, well about as much as I expected it would. I was quite happy that they still had Bill werewolf-ed and I can see why they couldn't be bothered to disguise Harry at the wedding and Harry and Hermione when visiting Godric's Hollow as it would require more actors etc etc. And the fact they all went straight to the Burrow, fine, less sets to build!

It's always the little things which they could have done which bother me, since when did they go to Shaftesbury Road? It was Tottenham Court Road FOOLS!

Also Harry finds out who RAB is, not Ron.

Where is the painting of Regulus Black?

Why did Dobby reappear with Mundungus? (obv they can't be arsed to develop Kreacher much...)

No showdown between Lupin and Harry at No. 12 Grimauld Place?

The newspaper articles will only make sense if you know the book.

Ron didn't mention going to Shell Cottage when he left them

Why was Harry not more interested in who caused the Doe?

The whole of the scene at the Lovegood's was COMPLETELY WRONG. SO SO SO WRONG. Would it have killed them to make a printing press? To have him lie about his daughter fishing for freshwater plimpies? To have them discuss the likelihood of the reality of the Hallows? To get Harry all excited about the Hallows?!?!?!?!?!?

More will come to me later but that is first impression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Must refrain from stalking this before I've seen the film
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Why was it disappointing?
    I'm going to be watching it end of Nov/early Dec.
    I found Half Blood Prince disappointing because they didn't really add much on, except for the Horcrux mention.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)

And the fact they all went straight to the Burrow, fine, less sets to build!

Also Harry finds out who RAB is, not Ron.

Why did Dobby reappear with Mundungus? (obv they can't be arsed to develop Kreacher much...)

No showdown between Lupin and Harry at No. 12 Grimauld Place?

Why was Harry not more interested in who caused the Doe?
    I agree with these completely. Mostly the argument with sirius and the fact that they didnt show dudley saying thank you at the beginning.

But from the fact they didnt make much out of the doe i think that snape wont get the proper backstory in the next one. If they dont i will be so annoyed.

Overall i thought it was the best film they have done the small things annoyed me but the main points were all done well enough considering what they've cut whole sections out of the other books.

I dont understand how they are going to find the horcruxs when dumbledore never even mentioned they might be in the castle or what they were in the 6th film

ReputationRep:
    saw it this morning, quite enjoyable. it got a little slow at a few points, but i think this is the best one so far, it focusses much more on the mission, rather than the "school kids" stuff of previous movies/books. it plays out a lot more like an action/fantasy movie which i liked, it seemed like the other movies/books were really just the backstory to this. i don't like what's gone on with voldy's voice though, he sounded better in 4/5, seemed much more leering and aggressive back then. overall very good, the next part should be good too, although the slightly dodgy elements from the story could negatively affect part 2 more so than part 1.

ReputationRep:
    You know the man who smelt Hermione? Was that Greyback? 'Cause if it is, he looks different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    My friend said that they 'hardly' follow the book.

Is this true?
    It has a few parts missing and a few parts changed so on the whole its similar to the HBP. Pretty much the same storyline but the book detail just isn't there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    You know the man who smelt Hermione? Was that Greyback? 'Cause if it is, he looks different.
    No I don't believe it was.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.