Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 Watch

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mamooshka)
    Ahhh I see, it's just the way it was said, with a large pause - I guess I just jumped on anything which, even in the smallest sense, could be viewed as criticism of that series.

Apologies x
    Ha ha no need to apologise, I'm very happy at anything that digs at twilight, was just pointing out that wasn't intentional!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously what was the dig...

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see it !! It looks awesome in the trailer !!

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe still cant act.

Good film though, i loved the cinematography and the awesome animated interlude. And Hermione is an absolute babe, i dont blame harry for trying to get it on with her.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Seriously what was the dig...
    Hermione: There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely winding road at twilight -
    Ron: Midnight [awkward pause] my mum always used to tell us midnight [evil look from Hermione] but twilight's fine

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic! I know they say every year this the new film is always better than teh preceeding ones, but this film definitely was, far and away the best of hte six so far imo.

You'd have to have read the books quite closely to fully follow - newcomers and those with poor memories will be bewildered, but for book fans this film really impresses. This is mainly because dividng the book in two halves allowed the film to much more closely mirror the book, more than any of the preceeding films. Obviously there were still disappointing omissions but there were always going to be some.

But everything that was done, was done to perfection; the cast, particularly the main three, were the best I've ever seen them, and a good mix of the darkness that permeates the whole of the final novel, and teh humour that Rowling always includes in her books. It was so much better than the previous film, which was all hormones and homework and had me checking my watch halfway through. I was genuinely surprised by how good this film was, as I'm so used to the films disappointing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Hermione: There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely winding road at twilight -
    Ron: Midnight [awkward pause] my mum always used to tell us midnight [evil look from Hermione] but twilight's fine
    Oh that? I didn't think that was a dig at all lol. I guess it's open to interpretation.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that? I didn't think that was a dig at all lol. I guess it's open to interpretation.
    Sorry that's my odd imagination, y'all are probably right, I think perhaps it's a bit below David Yates to sink to daft popular culture references

I feel like I've polluted this board, back to Harry Potter! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Great film. Nice sly dig at Twilight.

ReputationRep:
    At then end, every one in the cinema was like "AWW!"
    Obvs were unaware it was only half the book/not much happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    I got negged for liking the fiilm .lol?
    Neg for a neg innit, i can see who has given me what and Radcliffs acting is awful. I don't care how much of a silly crush you have on him.

ReputationRep:
    I really loved it! Maybe a few things I would change but overall my favourite, it was slightly strange watching it because it was the only one I'd read the book before, I kind of wish I hadn't know. Even though at the scary bits-which was a lot- I screamed and much more than anyone it the cinema even though I knew what was going to happen! On the way back and in the cinema my friends kept speculating about what was going to happen next, and I was so funny to hear them really positive of something and really proud of themselves that they've worked it out when it's completely wrong! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    At then end, every one in the cinema was like "AWW!"
    Obvs were unaware it was only half the book/not much happens.
    There was a spontaneous round of applause at the end when I saw it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    There was a spontaneous round of applause at the end when I saw it
    I would have much rather that happened!

ReputationRep:
    I actually really enjoyed it! It's lovely to see how much Dan, Rupert & Emma have improved over the past ten years or so

ReputationRep:
    I LOVED this film

Plot stayed close to the book which was the main thing, no weired scenes added that were unessessary.

Cant wait for the next part now

ReputationRep:
    Neg for a neg innit, i can see who has given me what and Radcliffs acting is awful. I don't care how much of a silly crush you have on him.
    It was very late and I probably shouldn't have given that neg. But that's a little childish..
    I don't have a crush on Dan. :rolleyes: He was really good. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    It was very late and I probably shouldn't have given that neg. But that's a little childish.
    I don't have a crush on Dan. :rolleyes: He was really good. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.
    Childish Shmildish we disagree, lets leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it, some of my friends didn't...there were too many silent scenes and it felt like they were in the forest the whole time. Anyway people have to just understand that they are just following the book and not everything can be action packed

ReputationRep:
    Childish Shmildish we disagree, lets leave it at that.
    Fine. But don't go around saying people have a crush on Dan simply because they thought he did a great job.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.