Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Fine. But don't go around saying people have a crush on Dan simply because they thought he did a great job.
    Why are you so touchy...and why are you talking about him like you know him :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Why are you so touchy...and why are you talking about him like you know him :lolwut:
    I'm not touchy, just talking about what you said. I'm not talking about him like I know him? What the.

(Original post by sandys1000)
    There was a spontaneous round of applause at the end when I saw it
    I never understand why people clap at the end of films, seems ****ing stupid.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, definitely the best film so far. Yes, it annoyed me how they missed out some crucial bits, as well as some not so crucial bits that I love, but it was still a good film. Even if they made a big thing about Harry's trace when he was burning paper with his wand in the last film. Sure, illegally use magic to keep yourself warm, but be cautious about using it when having to defend your life. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I really genuinely loved it! I thought the cinematography, acting, tension, humour, scripting, EVERYTHING was better than the previous movies. LOVED all of it! Ron got to take a more assertive part as well which is what I've been waiting for in the films since the HP1 where he got the chess scene :p: I LOVED the seven Harrys scene and the Ministry scene

Spoiler:
    Show
    I was cringing in my seat when the Harry/Hermione dancing scene took part but as soon as they started dancing it was clearly friendship and fun but ewww I thought they were going to kiss. I did love how sad Hermione was though - I thought Emma played it well

Edit: Also, I think you needed to have read the books as I could just about remember characters e.g. Gregorovitch - if I hadn't read the books I would have had no idea who he was. There's no point getting mad at stuff they cut because they can't fit everything in! I wish they'd got someone to act Charlie though :p:

Double Edit: I watched it at 11pm and it was still PACKED! Love how popular it is

ReputationRep:
    best one so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    I don't think so at all. My audience clapped, and so did I. Harry Potter are pretty much the only films that get this kind of reaction here.

I don't think so at all. My audience clapped, and so did I. Harry Potter are pretty much the only films that get this kind of reaction here.
    Yes, but what is the point?

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Racliffe: weak (and incredibly short)
    Everyone else (especially Emma Watson): fabulous.

Great movie (the dancing scene is catastrophic, though)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but what is the point?
    When David Yates name appeared, people clapped. When people really love the film and are impressed. And feel like clapping. Even if he's not there. I don't see the problem.

People who clap when a plane lands on the other hand...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    There was a spontaneous round of applause at the end when I saw it
    Same with mine, and cheering :P

When David Yates name appeared, people clapped. When people really love the film and are impressed. And feel like clapping. Even if he's not there. I don't see the problem.

People who clap when a plane lands on the other hand...
    Mmm, I still think it's pointless but each to their own.

In fairness, if it's a Ryanir plane, people can be excused for clapping to celebrate they weren't smashed to pieces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshyfluff)
    You're a moron. Perhaps if you'd go to see the film legally then you'd find out that they do mention the Deathly Hallows symbol on Luna's Dad's necklace.

Also, this is a film. They can't have Harry using Polyjuice Potion all the time as it will be harder for people to connect to the character if they aren't seeing Daniel Radcliffe acting it out. Besides, there is a big scene with it being used in the Ministry. It would have felt repetitive to keep using it.
    I already said I'm seeing in next week (Wednesday to be exact). They did not mention the symbol at the wedding with Krum. And it wouldn't been repetative it would have made sense. Oh look they're looking for Harry Potter, we'll just let him mingle with 100 people, yeah that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Argh. Jealous.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    I already said I'm seeing in next week (Wednesday to be exact). They did not mention the symbol at the wedding with Krum. And it wouldn't been repetative it would have made sense. Oh look they're looking for Harry Potter, we'll just let him mingle with 100 people, yeah that makes sense.
    You'll laugh when you see it - as they actually do have him walking through the ministry at one point (when the polyjuice has run out), without anyone doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    It's odd in retrospect, but I think it's quite nice providing it's only done very sparingly. Only ever seen a standing ovation once, for Return of the King (although that might have had something to do with the situation; it was at Leicester Square on the first day of release) and it just felt right.

It's just some people's way of expressing their respect I guess, like the people who stay through the credits.

Clapping would be best done at the last film of the series which should be, in this situation, best left until Part 2. Then you can really say "Thanks for the whole saga"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Jatt_Joker)
    is there a dudley scene in the movie?
    No there isn't. One of the biggest disappointments as I think based on how big that is in the book it would have made a fantastic emotional scene in the book and a chance for some humour (but there is plenty of laughs elsewhere).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-friends)
    Ok, but did you like the way they ended it? It's in two parts so they had to stop half way through.
    Well, funny you should say that. About three weeks before the film came out me and my friend were debating when it would end and i got it right! I said
    Spoiler:
    Show
    when voldermort gets the wand

I liked the way they ended it, couldn't have chosen a more suitable stopping point IMO. Anything prior to shell cottage is way to in-depth and non-stop to have a break in.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Hampsey83)
    No there isn't. One of the biggest disappointments as I think based on how big that is in the book it would have made a fantastic emotional scene in the book and a chance for some humour (but there is plenty of laughs elsewhere).
    I always wondered when reading the epilogue what happened to Dudley...

ReputationRep:
    Just got back, I absolutely loved it. Emma Watson just gets better and better.
    The cinematography was brilliant, and it was better directed that a lot of the previous films. It didn't have as much action as I had wanted, but by the sounds of it, they kept true to the story (I haven't read it ) Can't wait until part 2.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.