Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    He dies in the last book doesn't he? What order are they making these films?

From a critical point of view, the special effects are excellent, and I'll probably be watching the final instalments
    He died in the sixth book. There are seven.

I don't get the part in the "older trailer" when they are in the tower and Voldy is holding Harry by the throat. Wonder how that happens and how he will get out of that one.

And the end duel with them alone in a destroyed area. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I don't get the part in the "older trailer" when they are in the tower and Voldy is holding Harry by the throat. Wonder how that happens and how he will get out of that one.

And the end duel with them alone in a destroyed area. :holmes:
    Maybe that was Harry dreaming. Or Voldemort entering his thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    The Sixth one was dire. Not only did it deviate from the book, but it made core plot line changes and core character changes which just annoyed me. I cringed through most of the 6th film not because it wasn't a close resemblance to the book but because it was absolute bull in some parts, such as the Burrow burning down, Ginny running around Harry like a puppy and Harry just standing around watching as Dumbledore is killed instead of being restrained from saving him.
    Also some of the casting is just poor. Snape is amazing in his part though.

For those reasons, I'm probably not going to watch it. I hope sometime in the future these are all remade. Maybe not the first one, but the rest were shockingly bad.
    I'm going to remake them as a gritty tv drama... one season per book. Every character, plot detail and setting will be included and it'll be awesome. None of this weird Dickensian stuff.

There'll also be loads of sex and violence too, but they might have to be in the adult versions.

(Original post by darkwolf0139)
    Maybe that was Harry dreaming. Or Voldemort entering his thoughts.
    That's what occurred to me :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    This trailer is the definition of epic. Cannot. Wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    He dies in the last book doesn't he? What order are they making these films?

From a critical point of view, the special effects are excellent, and I'll probably be watching the final instalments
    It's not special effects, it's magic.

Jeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
    I'm going to remake them as a gritty tv drama... one season per book. Every character, plot detail and setting will be included and it'll be awesome. None of this weird Dickensian stuff.

There'll also be loads of sex and violence too, but they might have to be in the adult versions.
    Provided it was made by an auteur rather than a studio with a committee trying to do a by-the-numbers teen show, that could work incredibly well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Provided it was made by an auteur rather than a studio with a committee trying to do a by-the-numbers teen show, that could work incredibly well.
    I genuinely think it could be done so well, as a school drama (with magic) rather than a Christmassy baubley Victorian fest.

There's so many little things I'd want to see in, like Ginny actually having a personality, and the films actually including recognisable dialogue and scenes from the books...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
    It's not special effects, it's magic.

Jeez
    Oops, my bad

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Looks good.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see it! =D The books are a lot better though.

ReputationRep:
    Half-blood prince was so boringggg story-wise! I mean there was hardly any action, but i did like the visual effects

ReputationRep:
    I've watched them all so far, so doubt I won't watch this. I am looking forward to it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just because noone else has said it yet [and it's nigh on obligatory for a thread like this], although it does happen to be true, at least IMO....

...Emma Watson looks stunning :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest, I'm bloody excited. :wizard:

How very innocent the first film seems in comparison...

ReputationRep:
    can't wait to see it

ReputationRep:
    (Forgive me for the oncoming girlish squeals of excitement)
    YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
    Hopefully this'll be as good as the books!
    Either way ARGGGHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I disagree. The first one is possibly the worst film, as it really shows that the kids can't act at all. The third one is the most passable, probably because it draws from (in my opinion) the best book, is unrestrained by having to have Voldemort, and is directed by the best director out of the series.
    Fair point. But I thought the Marauders Map plot line being excluded was rather heinous, although understandable due to time constraints. The first one was no where near on par in the acting department but as a story it worked. It was all there.

Am I the only one that wonders why Michael Gambon occasionally drop in to an accent that was never there. If he wants to play it with an accent he should do so, not have one in one scene and not one in another. I think he is a brilliant actor in most of the things he's done but he's solely ruined Dumbledore for me.
    Alan Rickman is an amazing actor, Fiennes does well too. The trio of main characters have improved significantly since the first film as well. Also I'd like to have seen Maggie Smith have more scenes, Jim Broadbent could atleast have worn a fat suit or at least a moustache. Argh, just little things that really would've made a difference in the film.

ReputationRep:
    It looks so good.
    I think my heart skipped a beat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.