Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Being a bit of a prick
    Uh huh.

ReputationRep:
    Just read through this thread after finally having seen it! I predicted correctly the place they would finish at Tbh it was a no brainer though, as that's really the only place the action dies down. Loved Dobby though, and his final words :cry2: Loved the dance scene; really warmed to Daniel Radcliffe in this film. Maybe because he's stopped grinding his teeth like an idiot! Thought it was brilliant in staying true to the book; even quoting it word for word in some cases! Obviously some glaring errors (Phineus Nigellus' portrait?!) but I didn't notice them while I was watching, so it wasn't too distracting! I think my sister was sat watching for the whole two hours with a massive grin on her face, so it's been a success on that front! Just got to wait eight months now

ReputationRep:
    i usually hate the films for not following the book properly, but this one was soooo much better than the last two!

actually wasn't disappointed, although daniel radcliff's acting is so bad!!

and did anyone notice they didnt show dudleys face? hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuppenny)
    I'd rather read Harry Potter than Dickens any day of the week. Dickens bores the crap out of me. I think you'll find that in a hundred years time Harry Potter will most likely be treated as a scholarly text as it reflects a great deal of relevant societal concerns. Please don't just mention old books to try and appear intelligent, it makes you look stupid :fyi:
    Books that sell =/= good books.
    Harry Potter reflects a great deal on relevant societal concerns? Yeah we all have our own dragons to deal with!
    Get a grip lady.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theconomist)
    Harry Potter reflects a great deal on relevant societal concerns? Yeah we all have our own dragons to deal with!
    Get a grip lady.
    harry potter makes references to:

racism
    elitism
    corruption in politics/power in the hands of the wrong group
    censorship
    i'm sure there are more, but i honestly can't think of them right now.

ReputationRep:
    I was disappointed not to see Harry and Dudley shake hands like they did in the book before the Dursleys left to go into hiding. It was quite a poignant event in the book as it was really the first time any of the Dursleys truly acknowledged Harry and/or showed any siggns of affection. I can understand wanting to keep the tone serious and get to the action quickly but that was one scene I was really looking forward to seeing and a little peeved it wasn't included.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Get a grip lady.
    I've given a conference paper on precisely this topic. Books that sell speak to something in the public consciousness, which is why Harry Potter is already considered as an academic text. Doesn't bother me if you can't see that though, and it doesn't stop the film being freakin' awesome.

Incidentally, is it me or has Ron (Rupert Grint) got a bit buff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuppenny)
    I've given a conference paper on precisely this topic. Books that sell speak to something in the public consciousness, which is why Harry Potter is already considered as an academic text. Doesn't bother me if you can't see that though, and it doesn't stop the film being freakin' awesome.

Incidentally, is it me or has Ron (Rupert Grint) got a bit buff?
    i thought that too! when they were putting up the tents, they showed his arm and it was all muscle.

ReputationRep:
    Saw the film last night! :grin: Harry Potter was ammaazzing!! Hurry up July 15th and bring on Voldermort's funeral! :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! And I can't relate to Lord of the Rings - I don't even like jewellery! And what the hell is so great about Animal Farm - it's just a load of animals on a farm!

Saw it yesterday...I'd say it met my expectations (which weren't stupidly high). Dobby stole the show. :adore: :rip:

When he made that speech.. "DOBBY HAS NO MASTER. DOBBY IS A FREE ELF!" Everybody started clapping and cheering, hahaha. :congrats:

The film made me love the bad characters even more. Voldy, Draco, Wormtail and Bellatrix :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    Saw it yesterday...I'd say it met my expectations (which weren't stupidly high). Dobby stole the show. :adore: :rip:

When he made that speech.. "DOBBY HAS NO MASTER. DOBBY IS A FREE ELF!" Everybody started clapping and cheering, hahaha. :congrats:

The film made me love the bad characters even more. Voldy, Draco, Wormtail and Bellatrix :heart:
    Oh she makes such a good Bellatrix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyminkyx)
    i usually hate the films for not following the book properly, but this one was soooo much better than the last two!

actually wasn't disappointed, although daniel radcliff's acting is so bad!!

and did anyone notice they didnt show dudleys face? hahah
    Yeah I've watched a couple of the older ones since and it's reminded me how comparatively faithful this one actually was.

Did the actor playing him not cone back?

ReputationRep:
    I watched it last night. God, I hate being a Muggle.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone, If I just read the Deathly Hallows, would I be confused? I've never read the books before, but I really want to read this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedus)
    Saw the film last night! :grin: Harry Potter was ammaazzing!! Hurry up July 15th and bring on Voldermort's funeral! :wizard:
    Thanks for the spoiler

(Original post by Trigger)
    Oh she makes such a good Bellatrix
    I think I'm in love with her. :fan:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Thanks for the spoiler
    but but everyone knows the ending?! it's in the books dammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    I watched it last night. God, I hate being a Muggle.
    Still waiting for my letter...

ReputationRep:
    Btw, what did everyone think of Beedle the Bard? :coma:

(Original post by Rinn)
    Still waiting for my letter...
    I remember believing that I'd go Hogwarts when I was 11 or something. Hard times.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.