The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Vekeh
I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I really enjoyed the fact that the Burrow looks exactly the same as it did in the previous films, despite the fact that it was destroyed in HBP.

:curious:

it's magic babeh
Reply 761
Original post by cz100

Original post by cz100
Does anyone know around where in the book the first film stops at?

When Voldemort cracks open Dumbledores tomb and takes the elder wand
Saw film and I have to say disappointed :frown:. The old lady turning into the snake Magi scared the living daylights out of me :biggrin:. I left with the feeling that they are just trying to make this a huge cash cow and one movie is enough and that part 1 and part 2 (esp if they are seperate dvds is just taking the mick and a big rip-off). Though having said all this, November has been rubbish for movies and it was certainly better than the crap in cinemas this autumn. All in all, better than the other films on at the same time, but not rushing back to see Part 2 TBH as they could have made 1 big movie rather than 2 bitty movies.
Original post by JAZZA007
Saw film and I have to say disappointed :frown:. The old lady turning into the snake Magi scared the living daylights out of me :biggrin:. I left with the feeling that they are just trying to make this a huge cash cow and one movie is enough and that part 1 and part 2 (esp if they are seperate dvds is just taking the mick and a big rip-off). Though having said all this, November has been rubbish for movies and it was certainly better than the crap in cinemas this autumn. All in all, better than the other films on at the same time, but not rushing back to see Part 2 TBH as they could have made 1 big movie rather than 2 bitty movies.

It will be part 1, part 2, and part 1 and 2 dvds
Original post by lilac spooge
It will be part 1, part 2, and part 1 and 2 dvds

Does no one agree that they couldve cut down and had one movie.
I don't, nor does Mark Kermode, but many critics agree with you that it should have been one film.

I think it would have had to cut too much out to be 1 film
Reply 766
Just thought I'd lighten the mood of all the complaints: this is an awesome take on Avada Kedavra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caxnNwOjTQU
I saw it on Friday and throughly enjoyed it, was most disappointed when it finished cos I hadn't realised it had been on that long. I don't think you could have cut it down much more or you would have lost a lot of the plot. I was worried because I hated the 6th film, but they've done really well this time :smile:
Reply 768
watched it today. cineworld really should stop letting in riff-raff ffs
Original post by Pheylan
watched it today. cineworld really should stop letting in riff-raff ffs

That is why you go to a lovely little cinema =D

I went to one on Ashton Lane (the Lane Diagon Alley is based on), very small cinema, 2 screens, comfy large seats and no-one being annoying or bratty =D
Reply 770
Original post by greeneyedgirl
That is why you go to a lovely little cinema =D

I went to one on Ashton Lane (the Lane Diagon Alley is based on), very small cinema, 2 screens, comfy large seats and no-one being annoying or bratty =D

:sogood: that sounds heavenly
Reply 771
Original post by dobbys sock
I'm a heartless bitch. Saw the film again today and laughed again at Dobbys death. That part in the books kills me but in the film... I just can't cry!

OMG how can you laugh? I love Dobby...can't believe he died! :frown:

This HP was the first one I saw without having read the book beforehand....

Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright though....:sogood:
awesome film - saw it today!!!
ahaha the whole of finham was at the odeon!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 773
I loved it!
Much much better than the half-blood prince which I thought was awful! Especially as they missed out the fighting in Hogwarts after dumbledore died :frown:
I went to the Norwich vue, and I thought it was going to be awful after people started cheering when it started, but everyone quietened down :smile:
Original post by Pheylan
:sogood: that sounds heavenly

It truly was :smile: Plus at £5 a ticket also CHEAPER than cineworld =D
Reply 776
Original post by bigmo7

Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright though....:sogood:

Yes, Emma Watson :colone:

But Bonnie Wright...
S'rong with you? She's brutal!
Original post by mknox669

But Bonnie Wright...

Grindelwald would have something to say about that...
Reply 778
Original post by mknox669
Yes, Emma Watson :colone:

But Bonnie Wright...

I'll go as far as saying she's cute...I think she's quite hot though :colondollar:

That scene with the Horcrux and Emma Watson :dice:
Original post by bigmo7
I'll go as far as saying she's cute...I think she's quite hot though :colondollar:

That scene with the Horcrux and Emma Watson :dice:

is your smiley squirting blood?

Quick Reply

Latest