The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Piece
Seriously, why would you want Dumbledore looking at you while you pee!

I don't think Dumbledore would mind. :mmm:
Reply 941
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I don't think Dumbledore would mind. :mmm:

I would mind though!!!
Going to see it for the 3rd time tonight! xx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 943
I saw it for my 3rd time Wednesday :biggrin:
I think by the 3rd viewing you finally really appreciate everything in it.
The 1st is so overwhelming and wow!
2nd, you get to grips with it all.
And 3rd, you're there :wink:
This of course is just my excuse...
Oh and the fact that Scabior is hot.

Anyone see QI with Dan Radcliffe. It was good :smile:

btw can i come to the university of hogwarts with you??
Oh yeah I did I thought it was really good! Well you can only come if you are a master at Wizardry like I am :wink: We can share a carriage on the hogwarts express! xx

BTW why was I negged for saying I was going to see it again?!
Reply 945
Yay! hogwarts here we come!
I saw you were negged for that, so I positived you!
Original post by Piece
Yay! hogwarts here we come!
I saw you were negged for that, so I positived you!

Awww.....thanks xx
They managed to make the first half really interesting considering in the first half of the book they don't do a huge amount. But I can't wait for part 2.....
Original post by Loonylottie
Going to see it for the 3rd time tonight! xx

wow you must have liked it a lot to go back for more LooneyLottie.:smile:
Original post by Piece
I saw it for my 3rd time Wednesday :biggrin:
I think by the 3rd viewing you finally really appreciate everything in it.
The 1st is so overwhelming and wow!
2nd, you get to grips with it all.
And 3rd, you're there :wink:
This of course is just my excuse...
Oh and the fact that Scabior is hot.

Anyone see QI with Dan Radcliffe. It was good :smile:

btw can i come to the university of hogwarts with you??

I have only managed to see it the first time Piece.I didnt manage to get to see it a second time yet because of all the severe weather we had lately.If its still on at the cinema where i live then i will go next week and watch it again.
Original post by wizardtop
wow you must have liked it a lot to go back for more LooneyLottie.:smile:

Yeah, I love Harry Potter and it was my joint favourite (with Goblet of Fire), plus it was either going to the cinema to watch harry potter with my mum on new years eve or staying home with my mum on new years eve, I decided that the cinema oppotion was slightly cooler! :wink: xx
Original post by Loonylottie
Yeah, I love Harry Potter and it was my joint favourite (with Goblet of Fire), plus it was either going to the cinema to watch harry potter with my mum on new years eve or staying home with my mum on new years eve, I decided that the cinema oppotion was slightly cooler! :wink: xx

I wasnt too keen on the Goblet of Fire Film Looneylottie,it was alright but i thought the Half Blood Prince and this Deathly Hallows Part I so far have been the best Harry Potter ones.I am hoping real soon to go back and watch Deathly Hallows once again as i liked it so much the last time ^_^.
I was really pleased with how good Deathly Hallows was, I was skeptical about the two part format but they ended it rather well. I've seen it three times now :colondollar:
Reply 953
Just read it should be out on DVD in march :smile:
Reply 954
Original post by ufo_01
Just read it should be out on DVD in march :smile:

oo this is exciting! Where did you read this?
I figured it would be around this time, usually is for winter releases... DVDs just in time for easter.

Also, this is quite amusing:

Spoiler

Reply 955
Googled it.

It said March on two separate websites. One said 18th and other said 30/31st ( I think ).
When the films ends with Voldemort visiting Dumbledore's White Tomb on the islands near Hogwarts, he splits open the coffin and steals the Elder Wand; triumphant he sends green lightning shooting into darks clouds that gather overhead.

why?
Because Voldermort always had a thing for Dumbledore's wood.
Americans made it, they tend to have an odd compulsion to make important scenes big and flashy. Subtlety isn't one of the strong points of american cinema.

Edit: Negged? Really? It's not anti american you prat, it's a serious observation. Look at the American Doctor Who regeneration, it's a perfect example of it. Lightning, thunder, day turns to night, flashing everywhere, it's in everything they do. We're not the same culture, there are differences. That's one of them.
(edited 13 years ago)
I guess it creates a sort of cliffhanger for those who haven't read the books =s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending