Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    Because Voldermort always had a thing for Dumbledore's wood.

ReputationRep:
    Americans made it, they tend to have an odd compulsion to make important scenes big and flashy. Subtlety isn't one of the strong points of american cinema.

Edit: Negged? Really? It's not anti american you prat, it's a serious observation. Look at the American Doctor Who regeneration, it's a perfect example of it. Lightning, thunder, day turns to night, flashing everywhere, it's in everything they do. We're not the same culture, there are differences. That's one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it creates a sort of cliffhanger for those who haven't read the books =s

ReputationRep:
    Silly lord of the rings eh?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be explained in the next film I guess.

ReputationRep:
    So he can be more powerful.

ReputationRep:
    Its the most powerful wand in the world, Harry gets it in the end(I always knew he would end up getting Dumbledore's wang) and we all live happily ever after. You can thank me for saving you a cinema ticket and the horror of watching Emma Watson's "acting" later.

ReputationRep:
    its a disply of power, of victory, he feels he has gained something by obtaining it.

However i wont into spoilers regarding the elder wand, leave that till the next film if you havent read the book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ish90an)
    Its the most powerful wand in the world, Harry gets it in the end(I always knew he would end up getting Dumbledore's wang) and we all live happily ever after. You can thank me for saving you a cinema ticket and the horror of watching Emma Watson's "acting" later.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65064

but this is the most powerful wand in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)

LOL Wtf?!

ReputationRep:

HAHAHAHAH
    This is hilarious! love you :p:p

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for ruining the film!

ReputationRep:
    Because there are some people on here who won't want the next film ruined, I advise you to read the book and you'll find out, or wait until July, where all will be revealed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    what

(Original post by bananabrain)
    Because there are some people on here who won't want the next film ruined, I advise you to read the book and you'll find out, or wait until July, where all will be revealed.
    what book?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know the story to Harry Potter, you're not going to be able to follow the films anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Read the book.

ReputationRep:
    what

what book?

Oh dear... The book the film is based on.

ReputationRep:
    When the films ends with Voldemort visiting Dumbledore's White Tomb on the islands near Hogwarts, he splits open the coffin and steals the Elder Wand; triumphant he sends green lightning shooting into darks clouds that gather overhead.

why?
    one word - EGO

ReputationRep:
    what
    I hadn't seen it yet! Now, however, I know that Voldemort is going to break in to Dumbledore's tomb near Hogwarts and steal something called the Elder Wand, before sending green lightning into the sky!

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't seen it yet! Now, however, I know that Voldemort is going to break in to Dumbledore's tomb near Hogwarts and steal something called the Elder Wand, before sending green lightning into the sky!
    myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy baddddddddddddddddd, give it a week and you'll forget

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a Festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.