Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    The people complaining were reading it when it was a separate thread which the mods decided to join onto this thread instead...
    ahhh that makes sense then, my bad

ReputationRep:
    It must be so easy to rape people in Hogwarts. :sexface:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    If you watched carefully, luna's dad was narrating the fairytales of "Beadle the Bard" and one of them was about the "The tale of the 3 Brothers"

"The Tale of the Three Brothers"

The story is about three brothers who, travelling together, reach an impassable river. They make a magical bridge over the river. Halfway across the bridge, they meet the personification of Death who is angry for losing three potential victims. He pretends to be impressed by them and grants each a wish as a reward. The eldest brother asks for an unbeatable duelling wand. The middle brother asks for the ability to resurrect the dead. The youngest brother doesn't trust Death and asks for a way to stop Death from following him. Death gives him his cloak of invisibility. Afterwards, the brothers go their separate ways.

The eldest brother, bragging about his powerful wand, is robbed of it and murdered while he is asleep. The middle brother uses his ability to bring back the woman he loved, who died before he could marry her. However, she is not fully alive and is full of sorrow. He kills himself to join her. As for the youngest brother, Death never manages to find him, as he stays hidden under his cloak. Many years later, the brother removes his cloak and gives it to his son. Pleased with his achievements, he greets Death as an old friend and chooses to leave with him as an equal.

Basically the elder wand is thought to be the most powerful, and can only be won through a wizarding duel. Dumbledore was the owner of it, and Voldermort's went into his graves to get it. Only to realise that Malfoy was the true owner of it as he disarmed dumbledore in the sixth book before he dies....

ReputationRep:
    So this curious piece of information has appeared.
    Warning heavy spoilers! if you have not read the book DO NOT read it. If you don't want to know what happens int he end DO NOT read it!

Spoiler:
    Show

"We wanted to change a bit where Snape dies. In the book, he dies on the Shrieking Shack, and we wanted to get him out from, not a conventional interior, but from that kind of box, to do it in a more dramatic atmosphere. We asked J.K. if she agreed for that to happen in there, because we hadn't really seen it before. We made a crystal house, and you can see what happens in the boat house from there - Are you listening Harry? -, but also the school is in flames...and she loved it. Besides, it's a very romantic place to die. Snape dies in a extremely good way, I gotta say."
    My question is, what is this crystal house? Is snape in it dying, or is Harry in it watching snape die at the boat house. I'm so confused. Where would this crystal thing have come from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piece)
    Warning heavy spoilers! if you have not read the book DO NOT read it. If you don't want to know what happens int he end DO NOT read it!

Spoiler:
    Show

My question is, what is this crystal house? Is snape in it dying, or is Harry in it watching snape die at the boat house. I'm so confused. Where would this crystal thing have come from?
    Seems strange ...

Spoiler:
    Show
    There's so much back story with the shack though, after everything that happened in Prisoner of Azkhaban
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Piece)

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm sorry but it really annoys me when they try and change stuff to make it "more dramatic"

Spoiler:
    Show
    I loved the fact that it was the shrieking shack, after all that was where snape nearly died when he was at hogwarts and ran into lupin etc...

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmmm yes I guess there is the relevance of what happened in the shrieking shack previously. I get why they would want to do it in a more open place rather in a dark dingy place. But this crystal house is the part that's getting to me.
    They could have done a lot worse... Just as long as they have the line in about Harry's eyes, I'm good.

Pic

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Pic

Woah they've got Neville looking just right for this film, as though now Harry and Co. aren't around he's taken on responsibility with the DA and everything... very happy about this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Pic

Bellatrix Lestrange! :devil3:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Harry potter is so bloody unrealistic!
    I mean.. a ginger having two friends?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke0011)
    Harry potter is so bloody unrealistic!
    I mean.. a ginger having two friends?!
    It's fantasy. And it's also fiction. and you are being stereotypically wrong.

Ps - only a ginger can call another ginger ginger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piece)
    It's fantasy. And it's also fiction. and you are being stereotypically wrong.

Ps - only a ginger can call another ginger ginger
    sorry, didnt realise that rule
    Am i allowed to say "californian sunset" coloured hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke0011)
    sorry, didnt realise that rule
    Am i allowed to say "californian sunset" coloured hair?
    Yup you may :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piece)
    Yup you may :P
    Okay thanks for clearing that up haha.

When does part 2 for HP come out? :O i can't wait haha!

ReputationRep:
    15th July
    I don't know whether to be happy or sad!!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There was a boathouse in the Order of the Phoenix game so I think that's where they're planning on having Snape die. I'm not too bothered as long as they don't change anything else to do with his death.

The last part is honestly going to break my heart. :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There was a boathouse in the Order of the Phoenix game so I think that's where they're planning on having Snape die. I'm not too bothered as long as they don't change anything else to do with his death.

The last part is honestly going to break my heart. :'(

I had to quote you because I LOVE your name!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I knew there was a boathouse somewhere! Must have been from the games! The crystal house is still bugging me. I've tried to trace the article back to its origins but its from a mexican magazine and for some reason their website isnt well working for me. its non-clickable :/
    I think I said before, I'm not too bothered, just as long as they have the line in about the eyes. or that will ruing everything.
    Oh and they better keep molly weasleys line in too! 'cos that's pure awesome :P

ReputationRep:
    18th April DVD hopefully with a preview of the next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piece)
    18th April DVD hopefully with a preview of the next
    :excited:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.