Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the 11th :sad: I wish it was coming out sooner.

ReputationRep:
    The release dates were on websites like amazon an play but they seem to have been taken off now :/ unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
    if its any consolation Narnia comes out on the 11th... makes me happy as I never got to see it at the cinema!

The DVD is out on April 15, anybody getting it? :holmes:

Extra scenes
    The Burrow's Shed: Ron Discusses Radios with Mr. Weasley
    The Dursley House: Harry and Aunt Petunia As They Leave House
    The Dursley House: Harry and Dudley Shake Hands
    The Granger House: Death Eaters Search Deserted Home
    Ministry of Magic Lifts: Harry Tells Arthur He's Being Tracked
    Tent: Trio Discusses Destroying The Locket
    Rabbit Chase in the Forest
    Montage: Ron and Hermione Skimming Stones

3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack Features
    Maximum Movie Mode: Join host Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy), and other members of the cast and crew, on an interactive journey through Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1. Plus, revisit important moments from the previous films to prepare for the final battle that takes place in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2.

Dan, Rupert and Emma's Running Competition - While filming the escape scene from the Snatchers in Swinley Forest, Dan, Rupert and Emma engage in a little competition of their own. With colorful commentary by Director David Yates, see the competitive spirit on set and this hilarious rivalry between the three leads.

Exclusive Sneak Peek of an opening scene from the highly anticipated upcoming film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: Behind the Soundtrack

The Seven Harrys - See how Daniel Radcliffe recreated the personalities of the different characters that transform into Harrys in the hilarious Privet Drive scene.

On the Green with Rupert, Tom, Oliver and James - Accompany Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Oliver Phelps (George Weasley) and James Phelps (Fred Weasley) for a round of golf and get a glimpse into their 10-year friendship that developed while making the Harry Potter films.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Promotional Trailer - Join Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson and other cast members from the Harry Potter films on their first visit to the Grand Opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

http://www.mugglenet.com/movies/movie7/dhpt1dvd.shtml

ReputationRep:
    Definitely getting! Does that mean there is more extra stuff on the blu-ray version??? Not fair if there is as i dont have one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piece)
    Definitely getting! Does that mean there is more extra stuff on the blu-ray version??? Not fair if there is as i dont have one of them
    There's always extra stuff on bluray versions.

That's what bluray is capable of doing.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I shall be getting it for the Dursley scenes alone as it pissed me off they weren't included!

ReputationRep:
    This is very interesting news. Damn you people living in the UK, lol. I really want to go! Merlin's beard..

http://www.facebook.com/notes/harry-...54792001245092

"London, 1st March 2011 - Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that the world premiere of the final instalment of the Harry Potter film series, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 2, will take place in London’s Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square on 7th July 2011.

This will be the first red carpet film premiere event in Trafalgar Square, the instantly recognisable landmark providing the iconic backdrop for one of the biggest film premieres to ever take place in the capital.

The cast, filmmakers and guests attending the final Harry Potter premiere will begin the night on the red carpet in Trafalgar Square with the world’s media in attendance. Special areas will be reserved within the square for fans and competition winners from all over the world to see the actors and creators of some of the most beloved characters of all time. Cast and guests will then make their way to Leicester Square’s cinemas to watch the film.

The Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: "For the last decade we've been gripped by the on-screen battle between Harry Potter and his arch enemy Lord Voldemort and this is one of the most eagerly awaited films in history. As befits a great British triumph, I can think of no better venue than the iconic surroundings of Trafalgar Square in which to stage the most spectacular of send offs for this dramatic finale”.

Josh Berger, President and Managing Director of Warner Bros. Entertainment UK commented “We are delighted that our plans for the finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place in such a spectacular venue. We pride ourselves on the creativity of our premieres and the space within Trafalgar Square will lend itself to being a magical experience for both guests and fans.”

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson reprise their roles as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger.

The final part in the film series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 is directed by David Yates, director of the last three films. The producers are David Heyman, the producer of all of the Harry Potter films, David Barron who has produced six of the films and J.K. Rowling. Steve Kloves adapted the screenplay, based on the novel by J.K. Rowling. Lionel Wigram is the executive producer, with John Trehy and Tim Lewis as co-producers.

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows - Part 2 opens in cinemas across the UK and Ireland on July 15th 2011."
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I would say I'll go...but I have a feeling I'm up in Scotland then...

ReputationRep:
    I am looking forward to it as I am a real hardcore HP fan but I really hope they dont ruin it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I shall be getting it for the Dursley scenes alone as it pissed me off they weren't included!
    same i was disappointed cause it was a really good scene in the books
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The_Jatt_Joker)
    same i was disappointed cause it was a really good scene in the books
    One of my favourites! I always liked Dudley and was happy to see him become lovely

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Snape's memories and the Potter/Dumbledore meeting in limbo in Part 2. They are two of the best moments in the books and both are very important to explaining the plot so I hope the film doesn't screw them up.

ReputationRep:
    I am hopefully going to the premiere Last chance I'll have.... seems like it's going to be a huge event! Eek so excited already for the film! But so sad as it's the last one..

(Original post by Dragon)
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Snape's memories and the Potter/Dumbledore meeting in limbo in Part 2. They are two of the best moments in the books and both are very important to explaining the plot so I hope the film doesn't screw them up.
    Disappointingly, Lily wasn't included in the memory shown in OOtP when Snape was being bullied. I wonder if that memory will be omitted from Part 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Disappointingly, Lily wasn't included in the memory shown in OOtP when Snape was being bullied. I wonder if that memory will be omitted from Part 2.
    The bullying scene is the least important of Snape's memories. If I recall correctly, it was glossed over in the book as Harry had seen that memory before. I'm sure they will include some of the scenes where Snape and Lily are children, although I guess they could omit those scenes and skip straight to the Snape/Dumbledore stuff where Snape confesses his love for Lily.

(Original post by Dragon)
    The bullying scene is the least important of Snape's memories. If I recall correctly, it was glossed over in the book as Harry had seen that memory before. I'm sure they will include some of the scenes where Snape and Lily are children, although I guess they could omit those scenes and skip straight to the Snape/Dumbledore stuff where Snape confesses his love for Lily.
    Hm, I'd say it was important. It was what caused the final break in their friendship. They would definitely have a scene with a teenage Lily or adult Lily just to emphasise at what points Snape was still in love with her - having a scene with children wouldn't get that point across quite as effectively. As for omitting, simply having Snape go up to Dumbledore and say that he still loves Lily wouldn't have quite the same impact for the audience or viewers. Bear in mind, a lot of things in the films are done in such a way so that non-viewers don't get lost. Name dropping Lily may be a way to get lost. They'll probably find a way around it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Hm, I'd say it was important. It was what caused the final break in their friendship. They would definitely have a scene with a teenage Lily or adult Lily just to emphasise at what points Snape was still in love with her - having a scene with children wouldn't get that point across quite as effectively. As for omitting, simply having Snape go up to Dumbledore and say that he still loves Lily wouldn't have quite the same impact for the audience or viewers. Bear in mind, a lot of things in the films are done in such a way so that non-viewers don't get lost. Name dropping Lily may be a way to get lost. They'll probably find a way around it.
    I'm not saying omitting those scenes would be better, it's just something that they might do. Also I think just Snape telling Dumbledore he loves Lily could have a lot of impact, especially if they include their initial meeting on the hilltop where Snape says he will do anything if Dumbledore protects Lily from Voldemort.

ReputationRep:
    What annoyed me about Snape's Worst Memory in OotP was that they cast Lily and filmed it with her but ended up cutting it out of the film. I suppose they could include the full scene in DH part 2. In OotP Harry didn't look in the pensieve so I guess it could just be like "Oh, he wasn't in his thoughts long enough to notice Lily!".

There's been a new promo released of Neville and the sword, it's still up on ONTD but it's been taken down off the fansites because of WB. http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...82.html#cutid1 It doesn't look like the one used in part 1 :/ It looks a bit small.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    What annoyed me about Snape's Worst Memory in OotP was that they cast Lily and filmed it with her but ended up cutting it out of the film. I suppose they could include the full scene in DH part 2. In OotP Harry didn't look in the pensieve so I guess it could just be like "Oh, he wasn't in his thoughts long enough to notice Lily!".

There's been a new promo released of Neville and the sword, it's still up on ONTD but it's been taken down off the fansites because of WB. http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...82.html#cutid1 It doesn't look like the one used in part 1 :/ It looks a bit small.
    Urgh read the article. I do love Neville and when I read the book was VERY happy he got to play a part in destroying Voldemort...but a new scene with a bridge and scabior...hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Urgh read the article. I do love Neville and when I read the book was VERY happy he got to play a part in destroying Voldemort...but a new scene with a bridge and scabior...hmmmm
    I don't mind new scenes if it's battle stuff and as long as it doesn't take away from things that did happen in the books.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.