Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 Watch

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Very definitely agree! Also annoyed that in this trailer you see (even for a split second) you see the death of fred...that pissed me off! I'm rather disappointed in the split second view of that!
    Yeah. :/

I know it's a trailer and they have to show action, but I would prefer if trailers just kept out the deaths and other plot points. Even for fans, who have read the book, seeing it is still new.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Yeah. :/

I know it's a trailer and they have to show action, but I would prefer if trailers just kept out the deaths and other plot points. Even for fans, who have read the book, seeing it is still new.
    Exactly, and I've had a very cinematic idea of how they would put together the last book! Obviously that came out after a film (or maybe even a few films) had been shot, so I had an idea of the castle we were working with etc, and had it all set out in my mind... I now know that a lot of the end of the 7th book wont live up to that!

ReputationRep:
    First official poster for part 2 has just been released

Spoiler:
    Show
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Voldemort doesn't look scary in profile, reminds me of this

(Original post by dobbys sock)
    First official poster for part 2 has just been released

Spoiler:
    Show
    Was expecting something lame, like most posters tend to be, but that's actually really cool! I'll add that as the main poster in the OP. :yep:

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Voldemort doesn't look scary in profile, reminds me of this

:rofl: yet cute.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :rofl: yet cute.
    Oh indeed, hilarious but cute...but now whenever I see Voldemort, I see the manatee...which means Voldemort is now both hilarious and cute to me :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    This would have been so could if it was real:

Harry Potter TV series.

ReputationRep:
    That is actually quite amusing hehe.
    Did you see that Deathly Hallows Part 2 will be the shortest film?? But sitll over 2 hours! I just had a crazy-fan-rant about this haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piece)
    Did you see that Deathly Hallows Part 2 will be the shortest film?? But sitll over 2 hours! I just had a crazy-fan-rant about this haha.
    Well aslong as its worth it and they don't leave out important stuff , i won't mind too much.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Piece)
    SHORTEST?!?!

Oh I am NOT impressed, not impressed at all :unimpressed:

*goes on for half hour rant which no-one wants to hear about how they can't possibly make it short and good because there is a lot of ****ing stuff that needs to happen and they will DO IT ALL WRONG AND IT WILL BE **** AND I WILL WANT TO DIE AND THEY WONT GIVE ENOUGH TIME TO SNAPE'S STORY AND DUMBLEDORE'S EXPLANATION AND :cry2:*

ReputationRep:

More deleted scenes. Really sad they cut the Dursley's now, I wasn't bothered before. Really can't see how they could cut the scene talking about horcruxes and how the name 'Voldemort' was taboo and that's how people were being caught. Aww, Ron and Hermione :love:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by dobbys sock)

More deleted scenes. Really sad they cut the Dursley's now, I wasn't bothered before. Really can't see how they could cut the scene talking about horcruxes and how the name 'Voldemort' was taboo and that's how people were being caught. Aww, Ron and Hermione :love:
    I was always sad they cut the Dursley's goodbye...now I feel justified in that sadness!

They are stupid in cutting things kinda essential to the plot like the horcrux/tabboo chat! Ah well, I'm sure they'll figure it out for next film...or they'll have me to argue with!

ReputationRep:
    They really should have kept the "taboo" scene. It's never explained in the film. Of course, book readers will know about it. But still should have kept it,I think.

I'm glad they cut the Ron/Hermione skipping stones scene. It's a sweet scene, but it was improvised and it really doesn't fit into the film at that point. This is right before Ron leaves and he's in a very foul mood because of the Horcrux and his
    own insecurities. It also feels more like Rupert/Emma rather than Ron/Hermione. And what was up with Dudley's walk?

I've got the 2:50 minute opening scene to Deathly Hallows: Part 2 with Harry discussing wands with Ollivander, it is the scene that comes on the DVD. But I'm not sure I'm allowed to share in public since WB has been removing links to it on Youtube. Don't want to break TSR rules if it isn't allowed...

But if anyone is interested...PM :ninja:

To be honest, going to distance myself from news, images and videos from now on too. In the end, it will make the last film much, much more enjoyable if I don't know how things will look and play out, and go into the film with only the book plot in mind.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, going to distance myself from news, images and videos from now on too. In the end, it will make the last film much, much more enjoyable if I don't know how things will look and play out, and go into the film with only the book plot in mind.
    I watched some seconds of it. Shocked that I was actually watching it. Then I went "No! I mustn't watch. Be strong... "

So I didn't watch it. It's the last film. I'm trying not too spoil myself too much (I always do that!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    They really should have kept the "taboo" scene. It's never explained in the film. Of course, book readers will know about it. But still should have kept it,I think.

I'm glad they cut the Ron/Hermione skipping stones scene. It's a sweet scene, but it was improvised and it really doesn't fit into the film at that point. This is right before Ron leaves and he's in a very foul mood because of the Horcrux and his
    own insecurities. It also feels more like Rupert/Emma rather than Ron/Hermione. And what was up with Dudley's walk?
    Agreed but film makers have always loved changing things and adding in unnecessary stuff, though it's still very good the HP films. To be fair they've got a lot more like Rupert/Emma since the sixth film in a way though I think they suit their character a lot.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Normally i would ask for it PM-ed but i'll wait for film

ReputationRep:
    You know, this was the only problem i had with the film, not explaining the taboo and the horcruxes, so i'm pretty angry that they actually had it there and both in the same scene! it wouldnt have killed them to keep that in! too me that was like the important factor of the film!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Personally did not like the deathly hallows part 1

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.