Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    And how would you justify that?

ReputationRep:
    The books are brilliant but none but the third film really stand out. WarnerBros kept playing it safe with the Harry Potter films.

The choice in directors always brings the film down to be honest. Except Prisoner of Azkaban, which was brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    John Williams' soundtrack for Prisoner of Azkaban is pure magic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    John Williams' soundtrack for Prisoner of Azkaban is pure magic.
    He also did 1 & 2. Shame he didn't come back to do the finale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piece)
    He also did 1 & 2. Shame he didn't come back to do the finale.
    I know. Well William Ross also helped to conduct the Chamber of Secrets score, because Williams was busy with yet another Spielberg film. They could give Williams the film in time, so he couldn't
    score Deathly Hallows. Damn it.

I desperately wanted him back for the last film. Desplat is OK, but I'm not sure how he'll do on the "epic, grand and dramatic" scale. Which Williams is very good at.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't watched the first scene of part 2 and I really don't want to. For any of the other films I probably would but it's the last one so I'm trying to be strong. The only thing I'm going to watch now is the trailer when it's finally released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    I haven't watched the first scene of part 2 and I really don't want to. For any of the other films I probably would but it's the last one so I'm trying to be strong. The only thing I'm going to watch now is the trailer when it's finally released.
    what has it been leaked?

ReputationRep:
    Argh test screening in Chicago.. Too many spoilers... Confused. I hope those who saw it have read the books and aren't completely stupid.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: MuggleNet's spoiler-free review: http://www.mugglenet.com/dhreview.shtml

Or if you want but I do not recommend, full of loads of major spoilers, Leaky Cauldron review: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...ll-report-here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: MuggleNet's spoiler-free review

http://www.mugglenet.com/dhreview.shtml
    Yes, I read that. Not a fan of Mugglenet though. Snitchseeker is the site to visit.

Argh.. I've read too many spoilers.. Stupid internet.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: MuggleNet's spoiler-free review: http://www.mugglenet.com/dhreview.shtml

Or if you want but I do not recommend, full of loads of major spoilers, Leaky Cauldron review: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...ll-report-here
    Starting to get excited about the film now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to get angry about the film now. I'm no book purist, but this is a low blow..

I knew it... How typical.. Oh I wish I could talk to them.

Argh.. I've read too many spoilers.. Stupid internet.
    I'm starting to get angry about the film now. I'm no book purist, but this is a low blow..

I knew it... How typical.. Oh I wish I could talk to them.
    Without mentioning it in public so as to not ruin it for the lovely people in this thread, but it seems you've read what I've read. If it is then I agree, that is particularly disappointing and annoying.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Starting to get excited about the film now!
    July cannot come soon enough. I feel like a big part of childhood part will die on that day. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Without mentioning it in public so as to not ruin it for the lovely people in this thread, but it seems you've read what I've read. If it is then I agree, that is particularly disappointing and annoying.

July cannot come soon enough. I feel like a big part of childhood part will die on that day. :sad:
    I might have read what you've read. What I'm really angry about is one of my
    favourite characters.'

I know, it's so strange.. I'm starting to panic a bit! I'm proud to be a member of the Harry Potter generation ( late teens- 20's).. I was 10 when it all started, and I'm 20 now. 10 years of my life. 10-20.. That's a lot.. Merlin's beard!

ReputationRep:
    Must. Resist. Temptation.

I'm getting worried it's going to be a pile of poo now. I had a dream the other day about the Deathly Hallows film. I can't remember it all, just bits. I remember that it was 11mins38 seconds, a few split seconds of fighting, a flash of the Great Hall with the bodies and the dead on billboards and I remember thinking "OMG when did Fleur die in the books?" and then Snape in the Shrieking Shack rubbing his neck and I was thinking "oh so it's not going to happen then?" and then it changed to a Pokemon game screen and he was following Lily around a cave. It's going to turn out as bad as that :cry2:

I might have read what you've read. What I'm really angry about is one of my
    favourite characters.'

I know, it's so strange.. I'm starting to panic a bit! I'm proud to be a member of the Harry Potter generation ( late teens- 20's).. I was 10 when it all started, and I'm 20 now. 10 years of my life. 10-20.. That's a lot.. Merlin's beard!
    Implicit spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm angry about the thing we discussed a while back in the thread, the slightly change in the final battle - seems less grand and epic.

Yeah, same. I really, really miss the expectation you would have before a book came out. Those months, or even years you would spend speculating and making theories by re-reading the books and discussing the small points, and then counting down the days until the release of the next book. Other books don't provide me with that same level of fervent excitement and anticipation. You've also grown up as the actors in the film and characters in the book have grown up - which adds to it all. :moon:

On the bright side, whilst not the same, the Encyclopaedia is in progress/being written - so more of the HP universe to look forward to.

(Original post by dobbys sock)
    Must. Resist. Temptation.

I'm getting worried it's going to be a pile of poo now. I had a dream the other day about the Deathly Hallows film. I can't remember it all, just bits. I remember that it was 11mins38 seconds, a few split seconds of fighting, a flash of the Great Hall with the bodies and the dead on billboards and I remember thinking "OMG when did Fleur die in the books?" and then Snape in the Shrieking Shack rubbing his neck and I was thinking "oh so it's not going to happen then?" and then it changed to a Pokemon game screen and he was following Lily around a cave. It's going to turn out as bad as that :cry2:
    Made me lol. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Implicit spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm angry about the thing we discussed a while back in the thread, the slightly change in the final battle - seems less grand and epic.

Yeah, same. I really, really miss the expectation you would have before a book came out. Those months, or even years you would spend speculating and making theories by re-reading the books and discussing the small points, and then counting down the days until the release of the next book. Other books don't provide me with that same level of fervent excitement and anticipation. You've also grown up as the actors in the film and characters in the book have grown up - which adds to it all. :moon:

On the bright side, whilst not the same, the Encyclopaedia is in progress/being written - so more of the HP universe to look forward to.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm angry about a most beloved character has been treated like dirt since after one of the earlier films..

:moon: I know. I need to join a Harry Potter support grop. Post-Potter Depression. I managed after the seventh book because it didn't feel over, but now...
    "The Harry Potter generation" has been lucky though! I'm glad I'm not a 10 year old now ( this makes me feel better about my age, haha)

ReputationRep:
    i loved the books. he films are. im a book purist though so the films are 90% disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sad that this is really going to be over apart from the encyclopaedia though. I'm getting a HP tattoo to mark the end in July. "Until the very end."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.