Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm still insanely proud of the fact I refrained from watching the first one when it came out so I could see both together!!!

Harry Potter double bill - EXCITEMENT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Best quote in the trailer = ultimate reuse of Voldemort's 'NYYYAAAHHHHHHH'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I noticed that! Takes away the suspense once you notice it..

ReputationRep:
    Loved it all apart from the '3D' at the end :unimpressed:

I will wait for it to come out on DVD before i see it in 3D if i have to.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm really excited cos I move into my new flat on July 16th so me and my new flatmates are going together as a flat after moving in!

Of course I will be seeing it at midnight on 15th as well...but flat bonding and all (not that me and my flatmates aren't already bonded...just is nice doing things as a flat...oh shut up emily!)

Is watching in 3D compulsory? I know with Toy Story 3, you had the option to choose 'normal' or 3D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Is watching in 3D compulsory? I know with Toy Story 3, you had the option to choose 'normal' or 3D.
    There better be a 2D option.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the time they go with "2D in selected cinemas" but seeing as this will be pretty big I guess that a lot of cinemas will have both! Would you rather 2D then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragon)
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Snape's memories and the Potter/Dumbledore meeting in limbo in Part 2. They are two of the best moments in the books and both are very important to explaining the plot so I hope the film doesn't screw them up.
    Limbo is my favourate moment in this book too, so mysterious yet revealing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Now that you mentioned that I re watched the trailer and its very distracting. There were at least seven NYYEEAAHHHH's. What the hell is wrong with David Yates, was he taking some coke while directing this?

Observe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC9D78jxgtE

ReputationRep:
    That looks epic :coma:

I cannot wait, and as someone who hasn't read the books so doesn't know what happens I am even more excited.

(Original post by Reformed2010)
    Now that you mentioned that I re watched the trailer and its very distracting. There were at least seven NYYEEAAHHHH's. What the hell is wrong with David Yates, was he taking some coke while directing this?

Observe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC9D78jxgtE
    Brilliant. He's created his own version of the Wilhelm Scream. :teehee:

(Original post by tface)
    A lot of the time they go with "2D in selected cinemas" but seeing as this will be pretty big I guess that a lot of cinemas will have both! Would you rather 2D then?
    I would rather yeah. If the reviews say that 3D is absolutely spectacular and the film is made for 3D then I'll go for the 3D option, but as a general rule of thumb: 2D over 3D.

From the trailer. I've read about it, but seeing it... :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait, although this means I'll actually have to watch the first part now

ReputationRep:
    I might go and see it in 3D the first time just so that I can hide my inevitable tears behind the glasses :') then go see it again in 2D. I usually end up going to see the HP films three times or so in the cinema anyway.

There's too much of Voldemort's NGGGGYEEEAAAHHHH-ing in that trailer :rofl: but it looks brilliant all the same (although I'm really not sure about the bridge jump part...)

ReputationRep:

Read about that scene? why have did they have harry and voldie jump together, just for added drama?

(Original post by Reformed2010)
    Read about that scene? why have did they have harry and voldie jump together, just for added drama?
    As in from those who went to screenings. You can find the various reviews on the internet, not going to say them openly since it is 'spoilers' even for people who have read the book.

Since that's from the trailer, we can probably discuss it openly. Not sure why. It's such a nonsensical addition. 'Look I'll pull you off a building/cliff for some apparent reason, possibly because it looks cool on screen'. :awesome: But they have changed a lot of things, and some changes aren't good. Don't like this jumping off buildings together. Guess we'll see how it plays out. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Whats the release date on part two?

Spoiler:
    Show
    bit harsh that Harry would be left with their kid. He is the Godfather
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Teddy grows up with Andromeda, Tonks' mother, but is invited round for dinner a lot by Harry's family, it was explained by JK Rowling.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

As in from those who went to screenings. You can find the various reviews on the internet, not going to say them openly since it is 'spoilers' even for people who have read the book.

Since that's from the trailer, we can probably discuss it openly. Not sure why. It's such a nonsensical addition. 'Look I'll pull you off a building/cliff for some apparent reason, possibly because it looks cool on screen'. :awesome: But they have changed a lot of things, and some changes aren't good. Don't like this jumping off buildings together. Guess we'll see how it plays out. :dry:
    I don't like it one bit. Silly silly silly.

ReputationRep:

I see, well I am weary of this added scene. How is it that Voldemort, the most powerful wizard at the time manages to let Harry not only come that close, but grab him and then force him off a cliff! I know his written as a stupid egoist villain by J.K but to let his guard down thst much? this is stupid. This isn't Percy Jackson or Twilight now. We going to have Harry punch Voldemort next? :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.