Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Will probably see it for teh lulz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I disagree. The first one is possibly the worst film, as it really shows that the kids can't act at all. The third one is the most passable, probably because it draws from (in my opinion) the best book, is unrestrained by having to have Voldemort, and is directed by the best director out of the series.
    I agree. the third film is definitely the best quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkwolf0139)
    Yeah, I thought they were going to completely ignore Bill and Fleur's wedding but it looks like they will have it.

What confuses me is why bother destroying the Burrow in the sixth film if in the trailer for the seventh, it's all fixed? Magic must do wonders for re-construction.
    Oh yeah that's right! Stupid directors

ReputationRep:
    Whilst we're talking about casting - Keanu Reeves should have been Sirius!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Whilst we're talking about casting - Keanu Reeves should have been Sirius!
    Surely you'd want someone capable of expressing emotion (and acting in general) to play such an important role, rather than Keanu Reeves?

Richard Armitage would be a very good choice.

I like Keanu Reeves.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched half blood prince for the first time today. If this is as bad as that then im not interested. So boring

ReputationRep:
    Surely you'd want someone capable of expressing emotion (and acting in general) to play such an important role, rather than Keanu Reeves?

Sirius was supposed to be handsome, and pale.
    Obviously I'm thinking more about looks here, but with a bit of effort on the emotion bit, it'd be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I like Keanu Reeves.
    He was even bad in the Matrix. Even in alternate realities Keanu can't act. In scientific studies the word "Keanu" has caused 90% of the sample to instantly think of "bad actor". What's there to like about him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Sirius was supposed to be handsome, and pale.
    Obviously I'm thinking more about looks here, but with a bit of effort on the emotion bit, it'd be perfect.

Which part of that isn't pale and handsome? And unless Keanu's been method-acting as a plank of wood for all of his career, the chances are he's not about to start being able to portray emotion. It would take some going to make Daniel Radcliffe the emotional centre of any scene, but I think casting Keanu Reeves as his godfather might just about manage it.

ReputationRep:
    OMG THIS!!!!!!!! <3

ReputationRep:
    Also what happened to their school uniforms in the 6th, they all just seemed to stop wearing it.
    :/

ReputationRep:
    Also what happened to their school uniforms in the 6th, they all just seemed to stop wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Not that so much, but there wasn't a single set of Robes in sight, was there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabriella)
    Not that so much, but there wasn't a single set of Robes in sight, was there?
    Nope, and that made me sad. I loved the uniforms.

ReputationRep:
    I hate all the Harry Potter films. I find them to be very long winded in terms of duration and even then they don't cover all the content in half as much detail as the truly magical books.

I've never been a fan of film/novel adaptiations but at least they're splitting the film into two parts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Does anyone know around where in the book the first film stops at?
    I would imagine it will have a cliff hanger ending about the time when Harry makes up with Ron - probs about the time they are captured at the Malfoys or something - or if hes in the death of dobby.

Actually im gonna stand with death of dobby will cue the credits can just see it now Harry standing at the gravesite as the camera pans away

(Original post by Aj12)
    If they carried on as they did from the first it would have been to light hearted and cheesy they got darker as the main characters matured which is good.
    they had to - seeing as the way the book got darker with each instalment

(Original post by Peachz)
    Pretty sure that before the Weasley twins were cast they had brown hair - so they dyed it.
    they have they live in birmingham and came into a shop i was in once this about four years ago between filming

I'm gonna admit, I like Emma Watson as well!! All these people are slating them, but I don't think anyone's named anyone better yet, have they? Bearing in mind they started making the movies what... 10 years ago?
    daniel and rupert have both improved drastically - rupert was always the best of the three and the lessons daniel learned doing stage production really helped. Watson on the other hand has shown no improvement and is still truly dire, ranging from totally wooden to over the top crap.

The trouble is, die hard Potter fans would have had real issues if they didn't look right. I mean I know many people have a problem with the fact that Radcliffe doesn't wear contacts to make his eyes green, so if they'd changed anything more, people would have just *****ed and whined.
    and watson is far too attractive to play hermoine who is supposed to have crazy frizzy hair (not beautifully highlighted curls) and buck teeth

Johnny Depp - Sirius is an intense individual and Deep oozes that in droves.

That being said i would have liked to see Depp as one of Voldys followers and a main one at that. Maybe Lucious (i want his hair) Malfoy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when tickets will be available for the midnight screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

ReputationRep:
    No, but probably soon. So you should watch out.

ReputationRep:
    Keep checking cinema websites I guess. All I know is it's out November 19th and I'm going to the premiere on the 11th

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.