Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Especially since it suggested that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Snape is a goodie

for those who haven't read the books. Although if they haven't they should burn in hell :huff:

I kid :ahee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Are you talking about the bit where he says something like 'we've kept him alive for him to die at the right moment?'. If you are, I think if someone hadn't read the books they'd presume he was talking to Voldemort? My brother hasn't read the later books but has seen all of the films and this trailer but doesn't know that Snape is good.

ReputationRep:
    I really do hope they show Lily and James' extended death scene. Harry trying to grab the puffs of smoke with his little hand, and Voldemort starting at them through the window.

I mean.. The scene with Lily and baby Harry in the trailer.. It must be that scene. It cannot be The Prince's Tale.

ReputationRep:
    Really annoys me when bits are added to films which aren't in the book! Parts of the trailer wasn't in the book
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Average Lad)
    Really annoys me when bits are added to films which aren't in the book! Parts of the trailer wasn't in the book
    That argument is slightly old now.

The trailer looks amazing! We may finally see the powerful magic Voldemort is capable of - the visual effects look fantastic.

:eek:

(Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Especially since it suggested that

Spoiler:
    Show
    Snape is a goodie

for those who haven't read the books. Although if they haven't they should burn in hell :huff:
    I agree with -honeybee-. It seems to the casual viewer that he's talking to Voldemort whereas book readers... will know better.

(Original post by rainbow drops)
    I love the excess of Voldemort's NNNYEEEAAAHHHHHHs being really noticeable even in the new, extended trailer. :rofl:
    It's becoming the new Wilhelm scream.

(Original post by Average Lad)
    I disagree. You haven't seen the film so it's not fair to slate it. A lot of things are omitted because of length and unsuitability when being translated from word to screen. Films are a different medium and they should be treated as such. It's impossible to have a direct translation without new scenes, and nor would it be entirely desirable. Even Lord of the Rings, a faithful adaptation of the books, had huge changes.

Also the part in the trailer where Harry says 'Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eyes, the man who trusted you, and killed him' - sounds fantastic, emotional and chilling. That wasn't in the book, and I'm glad it's in the film.

ReputationRep:
    I cried when i saw the trailer :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I disagree. You haven't seen the film so it's not fair to slate it. A lot of things are omitted because of length and unsuitability when being translated from word to screen. Films are a different medium and they should be treated as such. It's impossible to have a direct translation without new scenes, and nor would it be entirely desirable. Even Lord of the Rings, a faithful adaptation of the books, had huge changes.

Also the part in the trailer where Harry says 'Tell them. Tell them how you looked him in the eyes, the man you trusted you, and killed him' - sounds fantastic, emotional and chilling.
    Excellent said my dear Ape. Now.. I could have done without the "-together!" *throws both over the edge*

And I have updated my signature!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Excellent said my dear Ape. Now.. I could have done without the "-together!" *throws both over the edge*
    I agree with this bit... surely the jump scene completely changes the sequence of events near the end of the film? In the book don't H & V meet in the forest first? I do see the films seperately to the books but this is a bit of a weird change for me. Although I haven't seen it yet so it could be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    I agree with this bit... surely the jump scene completely changes the sequence of events near the end of the film? In the book don't H & V meet in the forest first? I do see the films seperately to the books but this is a bit of a weird change for me. Although I haven't seen it yet so it could be amazing.
    It's a bit weird. I understand they want to make the battle more "cinematic". It looks very different on film, compared to the book.

The Wizarding world is small, and the wizarding community in Britain is tiny. But in the film they seem to have come up with something akin to Pelennor fields!
    Again, I understand why.. But it's a bit strange.

And they've extended the battle. But of course, Harry has no chance against Voldemort. He has mostly survived because of luck, pretty much. I really liked how it was in the book. And the way Voldemort dies in the film.. Very "The Mummy" villain like (so I've heard anyway) . The whole point was for him to die like a normal man. I love the films, don't get me wrong. But some things are just a little too silly.

ReputationRep:
    Really liked the trailer I actually can't wait :P Does anyone know how long part 2 will be? I hope it isn't too short, it made sense where they left it after part 1 but there isn't a whole lot yet to cover for the second part of the film.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit weird. I understand they want to make the battle more "cinematic". It looks very different on film, compared to the book.

The Wizarding world is small, and the wizarding community in Britain is tiny. But in the film they seem to have come up with something akin to Pelennor fields!
    Again, I understand why.. But it's a bit strange.

And they've extended the battle. But of course, Harry has no chance against Voldemort. He has mostly survived because of luck, pretty much. I really liked how it was in the book. And the way Voldemort dies in the film.. Very "The Mummy" villain like (so I've heard anyway) . The whole point was for him to die like a normal man. I love the films, don't get me wrong. But some things are just a little too silly.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I don't really mind them changing things as long as it's somewhat inkeeping with the book.

(Original post by Jordenfruitbat)
    Really liked the trailer I actually can't wait :P Does anyone know how long part 2 will be? I hope it isn't too short, it made sense where they left it after part 1 but there isn't a whole lot yet to cover for the second part of the film.
    I have no idea how long it will be but I'm guessing it will be about the same as the first. The things that will be covered are more 'important' to the plot/ending though so I'm sure there will be enough. Add to this all the extra bits that aren't in the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkwolf0139)
    It's those lips that scare me ;D
    Hmm I just thought... when Voldemort gets reborn does he get another penis???
    Poor man it must be tiny... no wonder he's always so angry at the world.

ReputationRep:
    The trailer looks amazing! Molly Weasley is going to kick ass!

(Original post by Rokaf0)
    Hmm I just thought... when Voldemort gets reborn does he get another penis???
    Poor man it must be tiny... no wonder he's always so angry at the world.
    Are you aware of the spell Engorgio? :pierre:

And I have updated my signature!
    Haha, yeah. That really is an annoyance to the point where it just seems like it's there for a more 'action-y' Hollywood stand-off and fight. Really playing on Voldemort's stupidity there. I know he's a pretty thick villain but not killing Harry when he's a few inches away?

Spoiler:
    Show
    The final battle in the great hall with Voldemort was one of the best parts. Shamefully it seems it's just going to be Harry and Voldemort

Even more disappointingly, as many have noted, they've given a lot of way. Lots of stuff from the end of the film too.

Yeah, he seems more like Voldemort's equal - rebounding spells in the trailer. Which in terms of raw power, he doesn't come close.

Talking of the Mummy, in the trailer there seems to be a scene reminiscent of the Mummy: the giant face of fire moving in the Great Hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Are you aware of the spell Engorgio? :pierre:
    Voldemort's a Jew, he also needs Diffindo.

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    That 'together' bridge part is ****ing ridic and is going to make me laugh in the cinema. Just.... why? :lolwut:

(nyeeeaaaaahhh)

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the midnight showing?! I am

ReputationRep:
    Aaah Still Need 2 Watch P1
    Coz of exams i cudn't
    I'm watchin it right now

Majid

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.