Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERVU-4Yjh2c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    OMG can you? I have a Vue like 15 minutes away from me and I haven't seen part 1. Actually I haven't seen any HP films apart from the 1st, 3rd and 4th...
    Well you can at my local one which is pretty small so I'd imagine you can everywhere. They're showing films 1-6 at some Vue cinemas as well.

ReputationRep:
    Saw Part 2 on Monday, and it was rather excellent.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Chapter One)
    Saw Part 2 on Monday, and it was rather excellent.
    Erm part 2 hasn't been released yet...how can you have seen it?

ReputationRep:
    they might have meant chamber of secrets?

ReputationRep:
    Woo, going to the midnight showing at Llandudno Cineworld :awesome: my birthday is the 13th so my parents have bought tickets for me and my boyfriend (and my dad :awesome: ) to go to the midnight showing :gah: SO EXCITED!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Erm part 2 hasn't been released yet...how can you have seen it?
    I attended a cast and crew screening.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a Sky subscription you can see Part 2 for free via Sky Rewards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    If you have a Sky subscription you can see Part 2 for free via Sky Rewards.
    wow, really? how do you do that?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't manage to catch Part 1 in the cinema, so I decided not to watch it at all in the hope that they'll do 'double screenings' when Part 2 comes out...and I was right

I was the first person to book my ticket for the Deathly Hallows Double Bill at Vue Westfield, so on Thursday the 14th at 9:20pm I'll be seeing Part 1 followed immediately by Part 2 in 3D at midnight

I so can't wait, and the fact it doesn't finish till 2:30am meant I couldn't drag anyone else with me so I'll be all alone and get to enjoy it without interruption I will however be making my mum drive half an hour to Westfield at 2.30am to pick me up LOL

ReputationRep:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Chapter One)
    I attended a cast and crew screening.
    Ooo I'm assuming you were crew not cast?

Wow. Looking at aja89's pic of years 1-7 makes you feel a bit strange. I think another thing which is effective about Harry Potter (before it was the books, and now the movies too) is that you grew up as the characters grew up. Same can be said for the actors.

I remember when I first went to see the first film. It was pretty magical (no pun intended) at the time. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Wow. Looking at aja89's pic of years 1-7 makes you feel a bit strange. I think another thing which is effective about Harry Potter (before it was the books, and now the movies too) is that you grew up as the characters grew up. Same can be said for the actors.

I remember when I first went to see the first film. It was pretty magical (no pun intended) at the time. :moon:
    We went on a school trip to see it :love:

I really want to see the double bill or at least the midnight screening, but my friend who I have seen every Harry Potter with just went on holiday and is not back until the 16th and I promised I'd see it with her on the 18th. It'd feel cheating going to see it without her.

Also, sorry if any of you TSRians are in the same screen as us. Last time (HP7pt1) there was no sound, the film before (6) they forgot to play the film until we went and told them, and the time before that (5) half the screen was missing. We break Harry Potter :o:

I've just realised that I want to read the books before I see it, but if I go on the 18th that gives me 16 days. A book every 2.3 days? GAME ON.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    We went on a school trip to see it :love:

I really want to see the double bill or at least the midnight screening, but my friend who I have seen every Harry Potter with just went on holiday and is not back until the 16th and I promised I'd see it with her on the 18th. It'd feel cheating going to see it without her.

Also, sorry if any of you TSRians are in the same screen as us. Last time (HP7pt1) there was no sound, the film before (6) they forgot to play the film until we went and told them, and the time before that (5) half the screen was missing. We break Harry Potter :o:

I've just realised that I want to read the books before I see it, but if I go on the 18th that gives me 16 days. A book every 2.3 days? GAME ON.
    I managed to read all of them in two weeks for a quiz. i gave up my whole social life and when i finally looked up from the last book i had to blink a few times before i realised THIS was real life :P

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawwah)
    I managed to read all of them in two weeks for a quiz. i gave up my whole social life and when i finally looked up from the last book i had to blink a few times before i realised THIS was real life :P

Good luck!
    Haha thanks :P I think what I will do then is start with the last one, since that what I really need to read before the film! The I can work my way backwards (might be interesting to do it in that order anyway)! Won't matter so much if I don't finish them

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the premiere?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Can't believe it's so soon, I don't know if I can't wait to watch it or want to delay it to savour the last moments of my childhood :P Hopefully going to the premiere and am going to the Westfield Doule Bill (eek!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    Can't believe it's so soon, I don't know if I can't wait to watch it or want to delay it to savour the last moments of my childhood :P Hopefully going to the premiere and am going to the Westfield Doule Bill (eek!).
    What time is the premiere? Is it Leicester or Trafalgar Square? *noob*

ReputationRep:

NOT MY DAUGHTER... :woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.