Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :rofl:

Weekend? Amateur. :hand: Buy it at midnight and finish most of it within a day.

I agree with you though you may be 3 years late now. I don't think any book has had, for me, that level of sheer anticipation and excitement before release. I used to hunt after every scrap of info and read up on every theory. Not the same with other books. It's more 'this book has just come out, worth a read'.
    I know but the idea of the last film is making me nostalgic! Well I think they used to come out on friday night/saturday morning? I was only allowed to get Deathly Hallows at midnight (largely because I was 18 when it came out and noone else in my family shared my HP obsession) but all the others we bought on the saturday in town. Then I had to wait for my mum to finish gossiping shopping before I could read it... although I remember reading them in the car on the way home.

I can also remember being torn between reading them quickly and finding out what happened or reading it slowly because I knew it would be 1/2 years before the next one came out. I agree about the excitement - it kind of reminds me of waiting for christmas Maybe it's a good thing there will be no more... I might be able to work on being less sad! Although I never really looked at theories online as we weren't allowed on the internet so much and it just never really occurred to me.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else going to see it in 2D first? I am, I have seen all the others in 2D so it just feels right to end it this way. Although when I see it for a second time I will watch it in 3D. I've booked a late night one, so the whole day on the 15th just gonna be building up to it, so excited!

ReputationRep:
    It came out the day I was going on holiday, so I bought it on the ferry & as we were driving through France we broke down and spent a good 12 hours in some dodgy garage. Finished it in a day. Beautiful memories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    Interesting :beard:

I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't imagine that she had that much input into the films :dontknow: I guess I was wrong. Although if I was a director, I think I'd keep asking her questions just out of respect...
    Yeah she's always had input, infact in this film she actually worked as one of the producers

ReputationRep:
    Hah I remember getting the books (OTP and onward) at midnight then reading it slowly. There were a few instances where I glimpsed at pages near the end of the book by accident and I was worried it would be ruined for me!

I also used to have a chopstick that was my wand. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I finished Deathly Hallows in an hour I hate the fact that I read so fast. It's all because of Harry Potter actually, I read PS when I was six and from then on, I just learned to read incredibly fast. All my friends assumed I'd just flicked through it or skim-read, but I didn't - I read every word and took in everything, I just did it very quickly. I wish I'd let the experience last a little longer, but I was 13 at the time and couldn't resist I read OotP in one day at 8 and finished Half Blood Prince in two hours at 11. I read through it thoroughly and slowly the other day, and I loved it just as much as the first time I read it

I can't wait for the film, for the midnight showing our Cineworld is doing Harry Potter 3D glasses :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to do my reread of the series but I've just finished Philosophers Stone and now I can't find a copy of Chamber of Secrets. There's two children's copies in my brothers room, but he can't find them and the adult copy is shut away where I can't get it :'(

I miss Primary school, we used to read the books in class and do work based on them like writing what we thought the next chapter should be and character profiles.

ReputationRep:
    omg i just cried watching the premier...god knows what i'll be like when the film ends!!
    lucky me going to the midnight viewing with free tickets to see part one before hand, excited doesnt even cover it!!:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-RSS&ATTR=Film

ReputationRep:
    I am going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows II a few days after it comes out nationwide next week.I am so looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HK11)
    Is anyone else going to see it in 2D first? I am, I have seen all the others in 2D so it just feels right to end it this way. Although when I see it for a second time I will watch it in 3D. I've booked a late night one, so the whole day on the 15th just gonna be building up to it, so excited!
    I think the one i am going to see is going to be 3D Hk11 it costs a bit more but i love Harry Potter so it doesnt matter.I am also going to have to watch the first part of the Deathly Hallows probably again before i see the final part

ReputationRep:
    I've booked for 2D. I have absolutely no interest in 3D.

ReputationRep:
    And if you think you know how it all ends, you don't.

Yates has wisely tickled the face-off between the rivals to make it even better than the version Rowling wrote in her book.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1RSONub00

What?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    What?!
    Maybe it's referring to the jump off the cliff? I hope so anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I so wish I could read that quickly. I read fairly slowly, and I want to study English Lit at Uni this year as well :lol:

One of my friends can read like you, I saw her reading something once and thought she was skimming for quotes. She wasn't :indiff:

Whenever I read, the little reading voice in my head has to talk at the speed of normal, everyday speech, otherwise it just sounds all weird and it makes me feel sad for making him get all confused :sad:

I so want a pair of those glasses. But I refuse to watch the film in 3D :hand:

Of the HP première in Trafalgar Square with the cast and crew, the YT link I posted above.
    Thanks AGI

Look at you spelling premiere with a little accent aigu :pierre:

(Original post by Mujeriego)
    The premiere and the Zane interviews in the square. Nothing major really but still fun to watch.

I hate that Voldemort got the biggest cheer on the red carpet. He doesn't even like Muggles ffs.
    Thanks Mujeriego

They cheered for Voldemort?! :zomg: Whatever happened to the old pantomime-style booing that I was so fond of as a child? If I was there I would've stirred some **** up :smug:

I don't even like the way that Voldemort is portrayed in the films... His voice is far too soft and croaky, sounds like he needs a Soother or something. I always imagined him speaking with a sharper, almost raspier voice. The way that an irritated escaped mental person (who also believed himself to be some form of snake-man hybrid) would sound like as he whispered in your ear.

ReputationRep:
    The speeches at the premiere were so sad. I don't want this to end.

(Original post by madders94)
    I finished Deathly Hallows in an hour I hate the fact that I read so fast. It's all because of Harry Potter actually, I read PS when I was six and from then on, I just learned to read incredibly fast. All my friends assumed I'd just flicked through it or skim-read, but I didn't - I read every word and took in everything, I just did it very quickly. I wish I'd let the experience last a little longer, but I was 13 at the time and couldn't resist I read OotP in one day at 8 and finished Half Blood Prince in two hours at 11. I read through it thoroughly and slowly the other day, and I loved it just as much as the first time I read it

I can't wait for the film, for the midnight showing our Cineworld is doing Harry Potter 3D glasses :awesome:
    That is absolutely insane. You're like the younger female version of the Rain Man. :zomg:

(Original post by Liam_G)
    Whenever I read, the little reading voice in my head has to talk at the speed of normal, everyday speech, otherwise it just sounds all weird and it makes me feel sad for making him get all confused :sad:
    You, my friend, need to listen to the audiobooks if you haven't already. :yep:

Thanks AGI

Look at you spelling premiere with a little accent aigu :pierre:
    :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    The live premiere on youtube made me even more excited to watch the last HP lol

But I'll be busy for a long time so I'm not sure when I'll be able to see it :emo:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...iew?intcmp=239

Saved the best for the last. Will be interested in other reviews.

ReputationRep:
    Of the HP première in Trafalgar Square with the cast and crew, the YT link I posted above.
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    The premiere and the Zane interviews in the square. Nothing major really but still fun to watch.
    I was in Leicester Square and realised this was happening.

I stood at one of the slight cracks in the barriers long enough to catch Emma Watson's scent on the breeze. :moon:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.