Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    That is absolutely insane. You're like the younger female version of the Rain Man. :zomg:
    :sad2: I know. I couldn't even listen to the audiobook, I was bored of waiting for him to say the next word when I was already a line ahead

ReputationRep:
    Reading the book again before next week: IMAX 3D, 00:01, Friday!

ReputationRep:
    I have prom the night before, so I can't go until 1.00pm Friday. I am generally ten times more excited about HP than I am about prom.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see it 10.30 on Friday morning.

JUST ONE WEEK GUYS.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EgvPDMIRhw

At about 4.45 mins in...:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Booking tickets today...:eek3: Mad excitement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strifelight)
    I have prom the night before, so I can't go until 1.00pm Friday. I am generally ten times more excited about HP than I am about prom.
    Don't blame you, I would be as well...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the clip on the end of this article? (Do not watch if you don't want spoilers) Or have I just been living under a rock? There's quite a few more on youtube.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...av1H_blog.html

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to have to start avoiding the internet and tv. I don't want to see any clips, only the trailers. I really want to watch the speeches they all gave at the premiere but I'll be waiting until I'm alone because I will bawl like a baby. Trying to download the audiobooks at the moment but it's taking ages.

ReputationRep:
    I can't go until Sunday :emo: stupid work experience.

something I read in reviews that happens in the final film, which I found a bit odd:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Apparently Neville gets together with Luna? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    Thanks Mujeriego

They cheered for Voldemort?! :zomg: Whatever happened to the old pantomime-style booing that I was so fond of as a child? If I was there I would've stirred some **** up :smug:

I don't even like the way that Voldemort is portrayed in the films... His voice is far too soft and croaky, sounds like he needs a Soother or something. I always imagined him speaking with a sharper, almost raspier voice. The way that an irritated escaped mental person (who also believed himself to be some form of snake-man hybrid) would sound like as he whispered in your ear.

No problem. I really like his voice tbh. Suits his character quite nicely seeing as I've always thought of him as being very domineering and authoritative in the books. Giving him a raspy voice would just end up with him becoming too snivelly and Wormtail-esque. Especially if you consider the fact that he's just a lonely body-less, homeless tramp. The Dark **** needs some form of power damn it.

I do not like that gimp "Ginny" however.

(Original post by zjs)
    I was in Leicester Square and realised this was happening.

I stood at one of the slight cracks in the barriers long enough to catch Emma Watson's scent on the breeze. :moon:

I'm starting to go lezz for her tbh. :love:

(Original post by aja89)

Just to counter yours:

He's here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    I can't go until Sunday :emo: stupid work experience.

something I read in reviews that happens in the final film, which I found a bit odd:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Apparently Neville gets together with Luna? :lolwut:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I remember JK said that they go off with different people but it wasn't clarified in the book I think

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've read the same about N & L and the review quoted a really cringey line from Neville. Not looking forward to that. It's weird that JKR has released details about the characters that she didn't put in the epilogue. Kind of defeats the object imo. On a related note, I'm really hoping the epilogue scene won't be as embarassing to watch as it was to read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badumdumtscht)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I remember JK said that they go off with different people but it wasn't clarified in the book I think
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It is, you're told in the book that Luna marries someone called Scamander, and that Neville marries Hannah Abbott.

ReputationRep:
    I was fortunate enough to be one of the many that got hold of Special Preview tickets last night for one of the 18 cinemas across the UK to screen the red carpet event and the premiere in 3D format as well - so i ended up with Harry styled 3D glasses =) though wish i had been in London at the actual premiere and red carpet event as that was something else.

Spoiler:
    Show
    It is, you're told in the book that Luna marries someone called Scamander, and that Neville marries Hannah Abbott.
    I think you're mistaken. The first part of your sentence was not in the book. Don't think the second was either.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't recall either of those.

Just reread it yesterday.

Edit: although looking at the wiki it is correct but it wasn't mentioned in the main series of books.

ReputationRep:
    Nvm, got mixed up with what Rowling's said about those two characters in interviews. So yeah, not in the book, but she's given more detail about what happens beyond school since the last book was released.

I still think it's weird and could be very cringey. Nothing's as cringey as the 'chemistry' between Harry and Ginny in the films though

ReputationRep:
    HP7, Chapter 21 pg 337:

[Hermione talking about the Elder wand] '... Wands are only as powerful as the wizards who use them. Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people's.'

I giggled at this because I'm immature. :erm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.