The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Liam_G
Rupert Grint's got a little somethin' somethin'...

Besides, Neville has been permanently embedded into my memory as looking like this 11 year old little scamp:

He must have had some work done or something?! :beard:

True, they both did a great job growing up. Remember this?

He for sure had his teeth fixed. Whatever he did, I don't care, he looks gorgeous. *high-fiving Neville*
Reply 1641
Original post by The Fez
True, they both did a great job growing up. Remember this?

He for sure had his teeth fixed. Whatever he did, I don't care, he looks gorgeous. *high-fiving Neville*

It doesn't look like him at all though, I think I could pass him in the street and not even notice who he was... Not that I'm complaining, he has improved quite a fair bit. Looks like puberty hit him and then came back for seconds.
i really can't wait for this film! though i can't decide whether to see it in 2D or 3D..? I'm thinking that as it's the last one I want to make it more exciting and see it in 3D, i'm not too fussed about wearing the glasses, though this may become quite annoying halfway through the film..but some people say the quality's worse in 3D? i've never seen a film in 3D before either, (apart from some random 3D screen 'ride' at Disney Land) and want to make the last every Harry Potter special :rolleyes: but don't want the 3D film to begin and think 'this is crap quality'

any suggestions?
Original post by becca1192
i really can't wait for this film! though i can't decide whether to see it in 2D or 3D..? I'm thinking that as it's the last one I want to make it more exciting and see it in 3D, i'm not too fussed about wearing the glasses, though this may become quite annoying halfway through the film..but some people say the quality's worse in 3D? i've never seen a film in 3D before either, (apart from some random 3D screen 'ride' at Disney Land) and want to make the last every Harry Potter special :rolleyes: but don't want the 3D film to begin and think 'this is crap quality'

any suggestions?

I think I'm going to see it in both, 3D first and then 2D. Or just see it in 3D then wait until the DVD is out for the 2D version? :smile:
Original post by Liam_G
It doesn't look like him at all though, I think I could pass him in the street and not even notice who he was... Not that I'm complaining, he has improved quite a fair bit. Looks like puberty hit him and then came back for seconds.

I see a bit of resemblance, just the eyes mostly. I'm EXCITED for the midnight showing. You're going?
Reply 1645
Original post by The Fez
I see a bit of resemblance, just the eyes mostly. I'm EXCITED for the midnight showing. You're going?

No, I can't :sad:

My Sixth form council decided to host a leavers meal on the very day that it comes out in cinemas :cry2: So while everyone else is amongst all the glorious Harry Potter action, I'll be munching down a chicken dinner.

I'm not pleased with them :unimpressed:
Original post by Liam_G
No, I can't :sad:

My Sixth form council decided to host a leavers meal on the very day that it comes out in cinemas :cry2: So while everyone else is amongst all the glorious Harry Potter action, I'll be munching down a chicken dinner.

I'm not pleased with them :unimpressed:

WHAT??? That's crazy, why would they host a dinner ON THAT DAY? And there is no way that you could skip the dinner thingy? *I skipped my own graduation lol*
Reply 1647
I can't wait to watch part 2 on Friday!!!!!!
Original post by becca1192

any suggestions?

I'm seeing it in 3D (mainly because I'm going with my brother and he really wants to) but I'll probably see it in 2D at a later date. The only thing I've seen in 3D was a rugby match and it kind of freaked me out so I don't know what I'll be like if Voldemort's coming out of the screen!
Reply 1649
I think my mates' booked it in 3D IMAX. I'll probably pick up some of the Harry Potter 3D glasses at Odeon :P

I'm sure it won't be terrible, Yates wouldn't mess it up that bad now... I mean last time they were willing to cancel the 3D release because they weren't happy with it so they're prepared now, surely.
My family just spent £40+ on 4x VIP seats for the 3D showing at 10am Friday morning.

I am also going with my cousins for a 2D showing at 7.30pm on Friday evening.

Come at me bro.
Midnight Showing tickets booked :wizard2:

Another showing for Saturday morning booked :wizard2: :wizard2:

I am going to cry so much. The Harry Potter series has just always been there since I was 10 years old, like a comforting presence, something I could share with my friends and look forward to. It's a product of "our generation" that I feel really proud of, I've grown up with it and will hopefully share the stories with my kids some day...oh gosh I think the waterworks are starting already, where's the tissues...

#Confessions of a 21 year old Potter Freak, who has stuck with Harry until the very end.
Seeing it in three hours!!!!!!!!
Original post by Mo-Amin
I think my mates' booked it in 3D IMAX. I'll probably pick up some of the Harry Potter 3D glasses at Odeon :P

I'm sure it won't be terrible, Yates wouldn't mess it up that bad now... I mean last time they were willing to cancel the 3D release because they weren't happy with it so they're prepared now, surely.

It's not Yates, it wasn't filmed in 3D. It was post conversion and so far post conversion has been pretty horrible.
Original post by -honeybee-
I'm seeing it in 3D (mainly because I'm going with my brother and he really wants to) but I'll probably see it in 2D at a later date. The only thing I've seen in 3D was a rugby match and it kind of freaked me out so I don't know what I'll be like if Voldemort's coming out of the screen!

i know i'll probably look like an idiot and jump out of my chair lol!
Reply 1655
Original post by Madjackismad
It's not Yates, it wasn't filmed in 3D. It was post conversion and so far post conversion has been pretty horrible.

What I mean to say is that I don't think the director/production team would quietly let it go to release if they felt the post-conversion was that terrible...
Though I supppose Warner Bros. would be putting serious pressure on the 3D as a moneymaker...
But last time when they felt the 3D wasn't upto scratch they didn't go through with it so I'm sure they'd have given it a proper effort this time.

"I think it’s good, actually. I think people are going to be really pleased. I know everyone’s a little nervous and skeptical of 3D these days, but the work has been done very, very well. We’ve done over 200 shots in 3D and in the visual effects as well, because so much of it is CG, so the results are very, very good. I think everyone’s going to be really impressed with it, actually."
- Tim Burke, Senior Visual Effects Supervisor

I'm just trying to remain hopeful, dammit :P
Original post by Mo-Amin
What I mean to say is that I don't think the director/production team would quietly let it go to release if they felt the post-conversion was that terrible...
Though I supppose Warner Bros. would be putting serious pressure on the 3D as a moneymaker...
But last time when they felt the 3D wasn't upto scratch they didn't go through with it so I'm sure they'd have given it a proper effort this time.

"I think it’s good, actually. I think people are going to be really pleased. I know everyone’s a little nervous and skeptical of 3D these days, but the work has been done very, very well. We’ve done over 200 shots in 3D and in the visual effects as well, because so much of it is CG, so the results are very, very good. I think everyone’s going to be really impressed with it, actually."
- Tim Burke, Senior Visual Effects Supervisor

I'm just trying to remain hopeful, dammit :P

Yeah, I just don't want to see it in 3D because of how dark the first part looked, so this will look even darker.
Watching the film in 90 minutes! Feels so unreal. 10 years of my life, and I'm 20 now.
Reply 1658
how do you get to see it on wednesday?

:bawling:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending