Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

(Original post by Mo-Amin)
    What I mean to say is that I don't think the director/production team would quietly let it go to release if they felt the post-conversion was that terrible...
    Though I supppose Warner Bros. would be putting serious pressure on the 3D as a moneymaker...
    But last time when they felt the 3D wasn't upto scratch they didn't go through with it so I'm sure they'd have given it a proper effort this time.

"I think it’s good, actually. I think people are going to be really pleased. I know everyone’s a little nervous and skeptical of 3D these days, but the work has been done very, very well. We’ve done over 200 shots in 3D and in the visual effects as well, because so much of it is CG, so the results are very, very good. I think everyone’s going to be really impressed with it, actually."
    - Tim Burke, Senior Visual Effects Supervisor

I'm just trying to remain hopeful, dammit :P
    Yeah, I just don't want to see it in 3D because of how dark the first part looked, so this will look even darker.

ReputationRep:
    Watching the film in 90 minutes! Feels so unreal. 10 years of my life, and I'm 20 now.

ReputationRep:
    how do you get to see it on wednesday?

ReputationRep:

:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Seeing it on Saturday in 2D (thought it would be weird seeing it in 3D when the first part was in 2D) and I am so excited! I can still remember going to see the first HP film in the cinema with my family all those years ago. It'll always remain a special part of my childhood .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strifelight)

"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"

It's so true.

This movie is equally one of the most amazing/awful thing that's ever going to happen :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawwah)
    how do you get to see it on wednesday?
    It's released in most of Europe today.

ReputationRep:
    We should have got the film first though that's nowhere near as annoying as Harry Potter World having been built in AMERICA is. So wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    "You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"

It's so true.

This movie is equally one of the most amazing/awful thing that's ever going to happen :cry2:
    I definately agree, WHY CAN'T SHE WRITE MORE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    We should have got the film first though that's nowhere near as annoying as Harry Potter World having been built in AMERICA is. So wrong.
    i saw the advance preview on UK première date a week ago today, but i 100% agree and stated as such on twitter that why did America get a Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando, when it is quintessentially British and we do not have one?? But also in NYC there has been a Harry Potter exhibit on with a gift shop that just oozes Harry etc stuff (know this from my friend over there)

ReputationRep:
    13 hours to go, tempted to skip work to make my Ron costume

ReputationRep:
    12 hours and 56 minutes! Haha!

Not been to an IMAX 3D since Alice was in Wonderland as well!

ReputationRep:
    Less than 12 hours to go :elefant:

So tempted to draw an eyeliner-scar on my forehead.

ReputationRep:
    11 hours 40 minutes to go. I'm so excited! I have a feeling this day will end up going to slowly!

ReputationRep:
    I watched it yesterday. It was brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Just booked for the second time...watching it twice....!!!! Looked at the reviews on Metacritic, average 88%...going. To. Be. Epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strifelight)

'Please rate some other members before rating this member again!"

So, so, so, so true...

ReputationRep:
    So what's everyone doing to prepare for the final film?

ReputationRep:
    Favourite HP quotes of all time guys? Here are a few of mine, incidentally all from Dumbledore

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

And probably my favourite HP quote of all time from the master:

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.