Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    just watched HP P1&2,AMAZING! Part 2 has included much more than i thought and actually had sum new stuff not included in the book (was great!). Most amazing experience as 2 b the cinema atmosphere! for each victory for harry's side, ther was a cheer! I MIGHT HVE INITIATED SOME OF THESE CHEERS! However the ending was, awkward! They looked very uncomfortable with the '19 years later' part where they wer shown 2 b older and had kids. It truly is the end of my along with many others, childhood. Thank you Harry Potter for an amazing adventure!

Well, I've just got back from seeing Part 2. It was really good, even if it didn't go along with the book completely (OK, at all).

But this time, I'm happy to forgo the letter of complaint... because I think I've rediscovered my crush on Emma Watson :blushing:

:closedeyes:

ReputationRep:
    SO GOOD. Just went to the parts 1&2 double bill at the cinema and want to watch it AGAIN and AGAIN aaaaahhhhh!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing Don't wont to say too much to spoil any parts, but a great way to finish one of the best franchises of all time!

ReputationRep:
    Criticisms: MASSIVELY underplayed fred's death, bombed through any plot / explanation at the start to get to battle of hogwarts, and they made voldemort really rubbish generally by introducing loads of weakness's and a god damn hug! I wanted my villain slinging death and destruction in all directions until the moment he died like in the book.

HOWEVER, overall verdict that was a ****ing amazing film and well worth the midnight screening and the atmosphere, the action scenes were simply incredible! Will be going back to watch again in the near future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilio1)
    Criticisms: MASSIVELY underplayed fred's death, bombed through any plot / explanation at the start to get to battle of hogwarts, and they made voldemort really rubbish generally by introducing loads of weakness's and a god damn hug! I wanted my villain slinging death and destruction in all directions until the moment he died like in the book.

HOWEVER, overall verdict that was a ****ing amazing film and well worth the midnight screening and the atmosphere, the action scenes were simply incredible! Will be going back to watch again in the near future.
    That was hilarious...
    Really good film. It would be cool if she wrote a prequel...

ReputationRep:
    I'm Harry freakin' Potter! :dance:

ReputationRep:
    You know there were a lot of things I could complain about but I'm not going to. I just want my last memory of the Harry Potter films to be of a good, enjoyable film rather than a pretty crappy adaptation. I don't want to ruin it for myself. Plus, I was really worried about The Princes Tale and The Forest Again but it turns out they were beautifully done <3

Spoiler:
    Show
    I feel really mean though. When they showed Fred, Lupin and Tonks dead in the Great Hall I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes as someone in the row behind was sobbing hysterically. Cried my eyes out when Snape was crying over Lily's body though, that was heart wrenching. I did find a bit weird in the forest though. "And you Remus, just after you had your son." How would Harry know about that in the films?

Ooh and about the epilogue...

Spoiler:
    Show
    If they really had to film it, why did they show so little. They cast Teddy so why didn't they show him? I would have liked a mention of Neville being a teacher, and maybe something from Ron about Rose not getting too close to Scorpius. Thank God they didn't look as old and bad as they did in the set photos from that scene!

And now in my head. Neville and Luna ended up together in the film HP world and Dean and Luna in the books <3 Rolf Scamander does not exist in my head.

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Radcliffe still seems a terrible actor compares to the rest of them...
    But yeah, pretty good film. I like snape and harry's dad was a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I loved it!!! Although, You Know Who's death was such a let down...

Also... Do you reckon the film makers knew about the Snape storyline, because Alan Rickman genuinely seemed a lot younger, and they had the same baby in the film as they did all those years ago, and Lily hadn't aged at all... *ponders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jontylol)
    Daniel Radcliffe still seems a terrible actor compares to the rest of them...
    But yeah, pretty good film. I like snape and harry's dad was a ****.
    I thought he was pretty good.... Emma Watson, not so much... but Rupert was the best in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still a complete emotional wreck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    I'm still a complete emotional wreck.
    :console:

Me too.

ReputationRep:
    My outright favourite Line from the film is Neville Longbottom 'Yeah, You and Whos Army'

30 second clip including the quote, although does not give away the plot i will put in a spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://movieclips.com/WEdjX-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-movie-you-and-whose-army/

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic film, just went to see both parts and while it was a long night I enjoyed every minute of it and only hope Rowling decided to write mote books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbys sock)
    You know there were a lot of things I could complain about but I'm not going to. I just want my last memory of the Harry Potter films to be of a good, enjoyable film rather than a pretty crappy adaptation. I don't want to ruin it for myself. Plus, I was really worried about The Princes Tale and The Forest Again but it turns out they were beautifully done <3

Spoiler:
    Show
    I feel really mean though. When they showed Fred, Lupin and Tonks dead in the Great Hall I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes as someone in the row behind was sobbing hysterically. Cried my eyes out when Snape was crying over Lily's body though, that was heart wrenching. I did find a bit weird in the forest though. "And you Remus, just after you had your son." How would Harry know about that in the films?

Ooh and about the epilogue...

Spoiler:
    Show
    If they really had to film it, why did they show so little. They cast Teddy so why didn't they show him? I would have liked a mention of Neville being a teacher, and maybe something from Ron about Rose not getting too close to Scorpius. Thank God they didn't look as old and bad as they did in the set photos from that scene!

And now in my head. Neville and Luna ended up together in the film HP world and Dean and Luna in the books <3 Rolf Scamander does not exist in my head.
    The less said about the epilogue the better and I haven't even seen the film yet! :laugh:
    I wanted Neville and Luna together too! I also thought Harry and Luna would be quite sweet together! Unpopular opinion?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I never really liked Ginny. :dontknow:

(Original post by Magic Dust)
    I thought he was pretty good.... Emma Watson, not so much... but Rupert was the best in my opinion.
    Rupert's always been the best.

Any Starkids in the house?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know I'm going to be thinking of the Lily/Snape scene in 'These Voices' tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this new part 2, almost 3, days ago. During the film I was just thinking "this is nothing like the book!" but now I think that it was the best decision they made. Fans will always complain that the movies weren't enough like the books so it's better to do something unexpected. Although, I wasn't pleased with some parts

Spoiler:
    Show
    They really seemed to ignore Fred's, Tonks' and Remus' death. They also ignored Teddy! I was really waiting to see him... I didn't also like the idea how easily Harry and the Order were able to walk into the Great Hall without anyone noticing. And wtf was wrong with Voldemort? First he laughed super weirdly and then THAT HUG?!? I didn't even like how friendly he was in the first part of this movie (their meeting was like some big bday party of Voldy...)

I would have liked to see more things on The Prince's Tale but you can't always get what you want... I just wanted them to show more that Petunia didn't ever hate Lily or magic, that she was just so jealous. Snape said something like "she was just jealous" but it's not the same... In the memory we only saw Petunia shouting at Lily that she's a freak. Like she had always hated her.

I really want to see it again!

ReputationRep:
    I do not trust tailers at all ! coz they are the only Best scenes which are taken from the movie so that we get attract to them and watch the movie :x

ReputationRep:
    I saw it at a midnight screening 3 days ago, it was soooooooooo good!! LOVED the battle scenes and the humour, loved Snape and Professor Mcgonnagal. But could they have made even some effort to make Hermione looked even a little older in the future scene? lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    That royally sucks. It seems you're going to be missing out on a lot of films. I feel for you. :console:

So what are you doing to do then? Wait until it comes out on DVD?
    Some of my friends in Germany and the US are going to bootleg it for me, they feel my pain. I'm still waiting for the one from the US though because in Germany they dub it I expect to see it in 3 hours!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.