Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Persia I)
    Another one omfg! He didn't even repair his Phoenix wand!!!
    THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT! I was like 'why are you snapping that?! Now you can't fix your phoenix wand!!!!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Oh I laughed out loud at that!

I wish I could go to Hogwarts! :sad:
    Yeah, the whole cinema burst out laughing at that part. The same thing for the hug- most. awkward. hug. ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Being a muggle sucks! I want to be Luna Lovegood!
    I remember when they were auditioning for her :P It came on newsround :awesome:

I know, she is so amazing! Although when she sat by Neville in the end, he looked old enough to look like her father (compared to her)

(Original post by Tenbinza)
    Just a thought - someone could have done this much better a bit like Doctor Who. 45 minutes every week, I just feel that all of the films were a bit rushed, especially the last 2. I hope that in 30 years time or so someone does this and does it properly. It would be amazing.
    Nah, I don't it will be remade.

(Original post by Niki_girl)
    AGREED X100000

I'm gonna get it on DVD, then I shall get Part1, watch it, then watch Part 2, then start from Year 1 and repeat.....
    Indeed, by the time I'm 22 I'm sure I will know the screenplay of by heart.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'm dissappointed that absolutely none of Dumbledore's story was told, and I thought the part here they shoed Snape's memories was a little brief, still beautifully done, but alot of it was missed out

I also saw it in three D but eventually began to take my glasses off as I could see it better then, some of it was just too dark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humairaa)
    ron an hermionie werent supposed to kiss in the chamber of secrets
    Another one added to the list!

(Original post by cantstop-x)
    THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT! I was like 'why are you snapping that?! Now you can't fix your phoenix wand!!!!!'
    He didn't even speak to Dumbledore in his portrait in the Headmaster's office! -___-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Meh, I'm dissappointed that absolutely none of Dumbledore's story as told, and I thought the part here they shoed Snape's memories was a little brief, still beautifully done, but alot of it was missed out
    I thought they left out alot of other things to leave time for the Pensieve moment, I was sadly mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's hilarious the way Voldemort said avada kedavra..and the bit where Griphook came on, someone in the cinema said "Who is that? It looks like my dad"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Meh, I'm dissappointed that absolutely none of Dumbledore's story as told, and I thought the part here they shoed Snape's memories was a little brief, still beautifully done, but alot of it was missed out
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit annoyed that they didn't really show Fred's death. Also, did they mention Tonks being pregnant in DH1? Because they never mentioned it again until Harry saw ghost-Lupin in the Forest and mentioned how he was sorry that his son had no parents now.. And then the epilogue, they didn't show Teddy Lupin there either And they didn't include the whole story about Ariana and Grindelwald etc..

So much to show, so little time!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was one of the best Harry Potter films, even though the glaringly obvious omissions annoyed me (incensed actually). Also, have to say that Alan Rickman was unbelievably amazing and made the entire film.

ReputationRep:
    The part where Harry and Voldemort jump of the cliff wasn't necessary. But compared to the previous few films, it was really good. The last film I had liked before this one was POA. I loved McGonagall's line! Alan Rickman was ****ing brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Persia I)
    not much emphasis was put on Molly's duel with Bellatrix
    This really annoyed me, although you gotta love that line.
    "Not my daughter you *****!", some friends and I went to a midnight screening and the audience just loved that.
    Although, on a positive note I actually really preferred the change in Hermione and Ron's kiss, it had me fan-girling in my seat because it sort of took me surprise, really enjoyed that

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit annoyed that they didn't really show Fred's death. Also, did they mention Tonks being pregnant in DH1? Because they never mentioned it again until Harry saw ghost-Lupin in the Forest and mentioned how he was sorry that his son had no parents now.. And then the epilogue, they didn't show Teddy Lupin there either And they didn't include the whole story about Ariana and Grindelwald etc..

Ariana's bit was definitely missed, but I think it wouldn't fit in with the whole action theme they were going for; that confused me, Harry mentioned Teddy whilst talking to Remus using the resurrection stone, yet they never showed Remus coming to Shell Cottage and making Harry his godfather!

ReputationRep:
    When voldemort was like "harry potter is
    dead!" I honestly thought he was going to do
    a dance

The prince's tale made me cry like a baby!

The only part that i didn't like was the bit where neville confesses his love for luna.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pensivedore)
    When voldemort was like "harry potter is
    dead!" I honestly thought he was going to do
    a dance

The prince's tale made me cry like a baby!

The only part that i didn't like was the bit where neville confesses his love for luna.
    I think I missed the Luna bit.

Alan Rickman did justice to Snape!

ReputationRep:

They mentioned it briefly at the beginning of DH1, Tonks says she has some big news, then Mad Eye bursts in and starts talking. I think that's the only reference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HK1)
    I've not watched the film but I've heard that Neville says he loves Luna and always has in a battle scene. Now if this is true it'll be very annoying it simply wasn't in the books.
    Sorry, I got it wrong, apparently he did say it. I must've missed it. :P

ReputationRep:
    True, however they couldn't fit in everything in the movie, but the movie had to make sense.
    Overall it was still super!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a shame that Hermione was made to look gormless near the end when Ron and Harry worked everything out. Honestly, did she even destroy a Horcrux.

And she's going to oxford now! I didn't realise they allow NEWT Students in ^_^

I reckon they give offers of OEE, but may have allowed Hermione extenuating circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johndoranglasgow)
    Although, on a positive note I actually really preferred the change in Hermione and Ron's kiss, it had me fan-girling in my seat because it sort of took me surprise, really enjoyed that
    I actually agree. although I did also enjoy the way it happened in the book, it just seemed a little random? The film made it a little more special.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.