Turn on thread page Beta

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2 watch

ReputationRep:
    The book and the films are different mediums to be enjoyed in their own right. To compare them too closely is moronic at best as things are changed due to a different way of experiencing said medium.

ReputationRep:
    One thing I liked was how the COS was kept intact, the door and everything. (Did anyone notice the Shrieking Shack was completely different to POA?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElfishMatt666)
    They mentioned it briefly at the beginning of DH1, Tonks says she has some big news, then Mad Eye bursts in and starts talking. I think that's the only reference...
    Hmm I thought that was about her and Lupin being married, I think it's that in the book!

Also, Alan Rickman was fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Persia I)
    One thing I liked was how the COS was kept intact, the door and everything. (Did anyone notice the Shrieking Shack was completely different to POA?)
    **SPOILER**

That wasn't the Shrieking Shack was it? Just didn't notice that, they walked to it, from a path from the castle - they didn't use the passage? I think it was supposed to be a sort of boat house by the lake, didn't it have oars and stuff in the background???

ReputationRep:
    I remember the Luna Lovegood auditions as well. Evanna Lynch is perfect! And probably the luckiest Harry Potter in the whole world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niki_girl)
    **SPOILER**

[SIZE="1"]That wasn't the Shrieking Shack was it? Just didn't notice that, they walked to it, from a path from the castle - they didn't use the passage? I think it was supposed to be a sort of boat house by the lake, didn't it have oars and stuff in the background???[/SIZE]
    Yeah, it was by the castle, I wasn't sure whether they were trying to pass it off as the Shrieking Shack or not!

ReputationRep:
    And Harry should've mended his own wand with the Elder Wand, not snapped it :rolleyes:
    Was good though.
    After half an hour I was crying every five minutes :p:
    And not just tears to my eyes, full blown sobbing! My friend had to hold my hand while I covered my mouth to drown out the noises I was making :P
    Can't believe its over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    I actually agree. although I did also enjoy the way it happened in the book, it just seemed a little random? The film made it a little more special.
    Yeah, it seemed much more special in the movie. In any case, I think it was definitely a satisfying ending to the series, especially with the whole Ron and Hermione thing.

But then again, they could have just put a poster of Emma Watson over the screen and I would've been satisfied.
    *falls in love*

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I must admit, it was OK, but they left teensy details out that pissed me off... i.e in the book, Crabbe's Fiendfyre destroyed the Diadem, however in the movie it was the basilisk fang, not much emphasis was put on Molly's duel with Bellatrix, Harry and Voldemort's duel occurred in the Great Hall however in the film it was the courtyard, Ollivander had no idea what the Deathly Hallows were in the book, but in the film he explained them to Harry, in the book, the contents of Bellatrix's vault kept replicating and didn't stop, unlike the movie, there was nothing about Harry and Voldemort jumping off a cliff . I also wanted a longer McGonagall-Snape duel... I don't know... do y'all agree?
    completely agree and also in the books hermione and ron were burnt by the curse gringotts bank. but was very true to the book id say apart from these

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I did. Didn't really think the 3D made a huge difference tbh. :dontknow:
    +1 just for your Klaine sig.

ReputationRep:
    The films are interpretations of the books and if the director thinks some differences might not make a decent transition or thinks it will be better for the film to happen slightly differently then they'll go with it. Overall it was good

ReputationRep:
    she should definitely do prequels and more Beedle the Bard type books.
    I think she should actually write the Albus Dumbledore Biography, but I wanna know more about Snape tbh :L

ReputationRep:
    Went and watched it tonight. Was definitely the best out of all the films!

At the end, the whole cinema started clapping, it was a great atmosphere!

Sad it's over now

A great childhood memory which in he future I will be able to share with my kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantstop-x)
    I was a bit annoyed that they didn't really show Fred's death. Also, did they mention Tonks being pregnant in DH1? Because they never mentioned it again until Harry saw ghost-Lupin in the Forest and mentioned how he was sorry that his son had no parents now.. And then the epilogue, they didn't show Teddy Lupin there either And they didn't include the whole story about Ariana and Grindelwald etc..

So much to show, so little time!
    You see Fred's death for like a split second when Voldemort is ordering his guys to retreat.

ReputationRep:
    Part I was quite funny , I just felt Part II was lacking jokes.

Also no dumbeledore in a painting was looking forward to that

ReputationRep:
    Now this wasnt even anything to do with the film itself but... i was getting highly irritated with 3 girls sat behind me who felt the need to recite the book just as that part was about to happen. I mean come on... even though ive read the book i still wanna be slightly suprised! :P

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else thought the film was really dark in 3D? And somewhat blurry at times. I wanted to attend the premiere, and my friends wanted to see it that date as well.. But I would have preferred seeing it in 2D for the first time. Not a 3D fan.
    They only started showing the film in 2D today.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never been to 3D before, and I watched it, it was pretty **** and almost exactly the same as 2D.

I kept moaning throughout the film, yeah I agree, seems sad now it's all ended though. BTW some guy behind me asked if Ollivander was Dumbledore... I was about to punch him!

HAHA ikr!
    My mum thought the same... She even said to me "I thought dumbledore was dead"

Given, she hasn't read the books, ^_^

ReputationRep:
    THIS, the harry/voldemort final duel was utter sh*te. and no celebration of voldemorts death? ARE YOU KIDDING?!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Absolutely agree; the movies have always felt like a clip show to me - they're great for the action, but they miss out or alter so many details that it almost spoils the essence that makes Harry Potter so great.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.